2017 Nissan Leaf - No VSP noise when reversing?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfy

Hi all, I'm a new Leaf owner and a total newbie, so please excuse me if this is a silly question.

I've just bought a used 2017 Nissan Leaf Tekna (I am in the U.K. - I think the Tekna is called the SL in America, but I may be wrong. It's the one with the leather seats, anyway).

I can hear the VSP pedestrian warning noise when travelling forwards at lower speeds - a sci-fi 'whooo' noise, a bit like a spaceship.

However, I can hear absolutely nothing when my car is reversing. Is this normal? (I've stood outside the car and got someone else to reverse it and it's totally silent)

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure about UK LEAFs, but here in the U.S. you can use LeafSpyPro to disable either (or both) of those sounds. It could be the previous owner did so and didn't turn it back on when they sold the car.

I don't believe we have the VSP noise when reversing, we have the somewhat loud beep beep which if we had VSP would drown it out :lol:

jjeff said:
I don't believe we have the VSP noise when reversing, we have the somewhat loud beep beep which if we had VSP would drown it out :lol:

I believe the OP is talking about the backup beep being missing.

jlv said:
jjeff said:

I believe the OP is talking about the backup beep being missing.

Then I believe you were correct in someone disabling it. I'm kind of tempted myself but I guess it is a safety feature that others may need so I live with it.

Back