2015 Leaf SV Tire Replacement Options

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVFuture

What are good replacements for the 2015 Leaf SV tires? My car came with Michelin Energy Saver A/S 215/50/R17 90V. I have a leak on a tire that was previously patched, so I'm preparing myself in case I need to get the tire replaced (these tires pick up way too many nails).

EDIT: It seems like Costco carries them for $175 for Michelin Energy Saver A/S 215/50/R17 90V and $155 for Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus.
EDIT2: Looks like America's Tire carries the Michelin for $130 ($160 OTD), so I might end up going that route if I can't get my tire patched.

The Goodyear Eagle L/S tires I got were cheap (sub-$300 for four from an Ebay tire dealer), US-made, and handle better than Ecopias. I don't know about compared with the MES tires. They aren't rated well for hydroplaning, but I just slow down in heavy rain and they haven't been an issue there, either.

LeftieBiker said:
The Goodyear Eagle L/S tires I got were cheap (sub-$300 for four from an Ebay tire dealer), US-made, and handle better than Ecopias. I don't know about compared with the MES tires. They aren't rated well for hydroplaning, but I just slow down in heavy rain and they haven't been an issue there, either.
Are those LRR? Did you notice any range hit with them?

EVFuture said:
LeftieBiker said:
Are those LRR? Did you notice any range hit with them?

They are not LRR, but the range hit has been modest - about 5%, I think. I run them at 40-42psi.

If you have to drive on snow /ice in winter the best all year around tyre is Michelin Crossclimate. I have noticed no reduction in efficiency/range. that theoretically there should be as the tyre has a C rating for efficiency as opposed to a B for the original tyres.
The crossclimates are notably quieter when driving and have the highest rating for wet weather performance. My original tyres Michelin energy savers did not grip as soon as it snowed but with the crossclimates no problems. A good all year around tyre.

Back