2014 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mikefox said:
The new Nissan LEAF has come up with various comprehensive designs. It is more agile than before thanks to a comprehensive raft of chassis changes while it will go further on a single charge. The NEDC range has increased from 175 kms to 199 kms thanks to a series of engineering improvements.
Mike,

This quote is from the european 2013 model press release which dropped last spring, not the upcoming 2014 model. Everything I've read about the 2014 indicates minor changes (although rear view coming back to all models is nice.)

And most of them turned out to be more hyperbole than fact...

jhm614 said:
mikefox said:
The new Nissan LEAF has come up with various comprehensive designs. It is more agile than before thanks to a comprehensive raft of chassis changes while it will go further on a single charge. The NEDC range has increased from 175 kms to 199 kms thanks to a series of engineering improvements.
Mike, This quote is from the european 2013 model press release which dropped last spring, not the upcoming 2014 model. Everything I've read about the 2014 indicates minor changes (although rear view coming back to all models is nice.)

TomT said:
And most of them turned out to be more hyperbole than fact...

jhm614 said:
mikefox said:
Mike, This quote is from the european 2013 model press release which dropped last spring, not the upcoming 2014 model. Everything I've read about the 2014 indicates minor changes (although rear view coming back to all models is nice.)
Yeah, as I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=304180#p304180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, a European Nissan exec on camera claimed the Leaf's range is now 200 km! That's 124 miles! :roll:

cwerdna said:
a European Nissan exec on camera claimed the Leaf's range is now 200 km! That's 124 miles! :roll:

On the crowded streets of London, where the average speed on the roads is less than that of Charles Dickens' era, you might just get that kind of range. But anywhere else, absolutely not.

I wonder if even that is true... I've never gotten very good mileage in stop and go driving with the Leaf... The parasitic losses start to bite you in the butt!

RonDawg said:
cwerdna said:
a European Nissan exec on camera claimed the Leaf's range is now 200 km! That's 124 miles! :roll:
On the crowded streets of London, where the average speed on the roads is less than that of Charles Dickens' era, you might just get that kind of range. But anywhere else, absolutely not.

gsleaf said:
1st details of the 2104...

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1085587_2014-nissan-leaf-minor-changes-for-nissans-electric-car" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for posting. Sounds like just very minor changes vs the 2013s. And as far as when they'll be available, this is now at the bottom of the article:
"NOTE: After this was published, Nissan updated its website to indicate that the 2014 would be available in December 2013--not October as initially stated."

I was hoping the more efficient heat pump would be in the S for the 2014s, sounds like that is not the case.

Since the US 2014 model will have no significant changes it is smart of Nissan to announce this early to keep sales going. It may also result in fewer deep discounts at the end of 2013.

"RearView Monitor, Nissan's backup camera system, is now standard on all grades, S, SV and SL." I'm sure this is due to the upcoming federal standard making such a capability mandatory on all vehicles. And they increased the price to reflect the addition on those models that did not already have it...

EVDRIVER said:
Since the US 2014 model will have no significant changes it is smart of Nissan to announce this early to keep sales going. It may also result in fewer deep discounts at the end of 2013.

RonDawg said:
cwerdna said:

I have never driven more than a few hundred Wh past the VLBW, so I have never tried a maximum range test.

But the three maximum range tests I have done this Summer indicate I'd probably get pretty close to 124 miles if I wished to drive on to a fully depleted battery, and this with a 2011 with an app-indicated ~ "85%" capacity battery.

The only real real requirements to get this sort of range in a LEAF is limiting your speed and having relatively warm battery and ambient temperatures. The 6,000+ feet of total ascent and descent on my test route also has some effect in reducing my range, as does the several (?) hundred Wh I need to waste on friction braking.

Most of my ascent energy is recaptured by regen, and I expect regen of the kinetic energy from "stop-and go" traffic would be similarly efficient, to the extent you also could avoid heating up your brake disks.

="edatoakrun"]My LEAF got # 10, 108.7 miles on 5/11, and # 11, 112.2 miles on 6/2, both to just past the VLBW.

Close to 19,000 miles now, and still no significant loss of range from when I stated testing with a few k miles on my LEAF 21 months ago.

I'm using the LEAF app while I drive now, with some interesting results...

Catching up from p 56 of this thread:

="edatoakrun" 110.0 odometer miles yesterday, to just past the VLBW.

That's (IIRC) my ninth 100+ mile range test, and second only to the 112.7 I got on 6/18/12, with both higher battery and ambient temps.

This trip is routine for me now, and the only noteworthy variable was the increase from ~42 lbs tire pressure to the ~46 lbs (which I added prior to my ~690 mile trip to the Bay area a few weeks back) seems to have produced ~ a 4% increase in range, more than I anticipated...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=27&p=298430" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun said:
The only real real requirements to get this sort of range in a LEAF is limiting your speed and having relatively warm battery and ambient temperatures.

That's my point...traffic in modern day central London is so bad that it moves at a mere 8.8 MPH average between 7AM and 7 PM during the weekday, as per this report:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/streets-quarter-one-2012.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

London has hills, but nowhere near the elevation changes of your neck of the woods.

Does anyone have an update on when the 2014 will start showing up :?: I talked to a dealer Monday and he didn't know (or wouldn't say). I'm thinking of leasing and was hoping dealers would need to get rid of the 2013s soon.

I sure don't know when the 2014 will be about... but on Labor Day 2013, I got a loaded SL for 1500 under invoice... so any deal anyone gets now on a 2013 should be at least that good.

I am in Canada and ordered a leaf back in November. I was told I would probably get a 2014 which I am. I got and email from the dealership today to say that the car had been delivered to the compound and that it just needed to be trucked to the dealership so I should have it the end of this week or beginning of next.

Rama said:
Does anyone have an update on when the 2014 will start showing up :?: I talked to a dealer Monday and he didn't know (or wouldn't say). I'm thinking of leasing and was hoping dealers would need to get rid of the 2013s soon.

AutoNation Delray Beach, FL Nissan dealership has TWO 2014s in stock

Links as of: 01/21/2013
http://autonationnissandelray.net/Delray-Beach/For-Sale/New/Nissan/LEAF/2014-S-Gray-Car/25253986/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://autonationnissandelray.net/Delray-Beach/For-Sale/New/Nissan/LEAF/2014-S-Blue-Car/25259967/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like Nissan is delivering the 2014s to different regions at different times. It looks the south has them already. I wonder when SoCal will get them? I have no interest in getting a 2014, just the best possible deal on a 2013. I'm just wondering how long I should wait.

2014s are already showing up here in the OC. The time for 2013's is now. Leased my 2013 SL yesterday. Take delivery today.

Severum

Severum88 said:
2014s are already showing up here in the OC. The time for 2013's is now. Leased my 2013 SL yesterday. Take delivery today.

Severum

Do you mind sharing your deal details?

Back