2013 SV + charge, 2500 down, 270/mo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlt

Is this a deal in North California?

2013 SV + charge package, MSRP $34,300

down $2500, includes everything
monthly $270, includes tax

EDIT: I was not told the purchase price after 3 years.
36 months, 12K per year

The sales man said this deal only valid if I purchase today

You don't mention what the agreed price of the car is, but my back-calculated estimate would be around $31,000. I would say that is a pretty good deal.

I leased the same model last month with $1,300 down and $282/month including tax in Norcal.

dlt said:
Next person who ever tells you this about anything laugh in their face and tell them you'll go elsewhere. It's on the first page of the rulebook given to new sales guys in the "How to screw your customer" section. I can't believe they're still using that line, actually. It genuinely makes me sad, I mean it.

Anyway, that deal doesn't seem anything special. Maybe that's why he didn't want you to think about it.

You didn't say how many months it is, but you can do better.

My rule of thumb is NEVER make a big financial decision without sleeping on it. EVER. If the matter is so time constrained you cannot sleep on it, don't do it; chances are more likely something is conspiring against you to screw you out of money rather than just bad luck that you're short on time. Always go into a car negotiation knowing the numbers you want and numbers which are good or bad. If you can't get in your comfort zone walk away.

its a pretty decent deal. I work for a bay area dealer as internet manager. its 1400 back of invoice. Are you Vpp? If you are you can save more money. If you have any questions call 925-826-8688 leo

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
dlt said:
Anyway, that deal doesn't seem anything special. Maybe that's why he didn't want you to think about it.

That might have been true before residuals dropped in September, but I have tracked every single lease posted here on MNL and only two people have gotten an SV with Quickcharge for under $31,000. So, it is a good deal.

EDIT--I should have said "of the people that posted their sales price in the giant 2013 lease thread, only two have gotten under $31,000."

Thanks, I never leased a car before. And this is the first dealer we went to, so we decided just to visit more dealers.

EatsShootsandLeafs said:
dlt said:
Next person who ever tells you this about anything laugh in their face and tell them you'll go elsewhere. It's on the first page of the rulebook given to new sales guys in the "How to screw your customer" section. I can't believe they're still using that line, actually. It genuinely makes me sad, I mean it.

My rule of thumb is NEVER make a big financial decision without sleeping on it. EVER. If the matter is so time constrained you cannot sleep on it, don't do it; chances are more likely something is conspiring against you to screw you out of money rather than just bad luck that you're short on time. Always go into a car negotiation knowing the numbers you want and numbers which are good or bad. If you can't get in your comfort zone walk away.

OK, seems we missed it. But now it seems 2014 model is in market, we may just go with 2014 S + charge.

asimba2 said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:
dlt said:

That might have been true before residuals dropped in September, but I have tracked every single lease posted here on MNL and only two people have gotten an SV with Quickcharge for under $31,000. So, it is a good deal.

EDIT--I should have said "of the people that posted their sales price in the giant 2013 lease thread, only two have gotten under $31,000."

EatsShootsandLeafs said:

Something to keep in mind is that I'm pretty sure it is law in most if not all states that there is a 2-3 day recission period where you can go back in there and say no thanks and walk away... Get the best of both worlds where you can lock in something, but not have to go through with it if you quickly find out it isn't a great deal.

But look at these, these are solid numbers on a 2014. I'd like to see these from any prospective leasees:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read the fine print at the bottom of those. Those numbers, if rolled into the lease, can change those monthlys dramatically.

Severum

From the fine print: "LEAF SV Lease: Based on an MSRP of $33,045 (including destination charge) for a 2014 LEAF SV excluding first payment, tax, title, license, bank and dealer fees."

It would take virtually no effort at all to get below that $33,045 asking price. What happened to the original deal? Go back in and tell them that's what you want and settle for no less.

jfon101231 said:
EatsShootsandLeafs said:

Something to keep in mind is that I'm pretty sure it is law in most if not all states that there is a 2-3 day recission period where you can go back in there and say no thanks and walk away... Get the best of both worlds where you can lock in something, but not have to go through with it if you quickly find out it isn't a great deal.

This is definitely NOT the law in California, where the OP is from. In fact, there are notices posted at car dealerships here specifically stating that you do NOT have the right to change your mind on a car sale once you sign on the dotted line, especially for new cars.

On used cars, you can buy an optional "in case I change my mind" policy for a few hundred dollars that does give you right to recission within a very specific time frame, I believe it is 2 days/250 miles or something like that.

More info:http://consumer-fraud-lawyer.com/id48.html

RonDawg said:
jfon101231 said:

This is definitely NOT the law in California, where the OP is from. In fact, there are notices posted at car dealerships here specifically stating that you do NOT have the right to change your mind on a car sale once you sign on the dotted line, especially for new cars.
RonDawg is correct that there's no "cooling off" period on new cars in CA.

jfon101231, please post reputable sources to back up your claims on new cars and for which states it applies. I kept hearing this same myth over and over at Priuschat and got tired of it. So, I started http://priuschat.com/threads/which-states-have-a-cooling-off-return-period-on-new-cars.103928/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. So far, nobody has been able to produce any sources supporting their claim that their state has a cooling off period on new cars..

I think I will start an equivalent thread here and see what surfaces. :mrgreen:

California does have right of recission on SOME, but not all contracts. I think that's where the myth/mistaken belief comes from. Also, while the actual vehicle purchase is not subject to recission in this state, certain things like extended warranty contracts do.

With new cars, I can see why there is no right of recission here. Once you take delivery, in order to drive the car off the lot legally, it has to be titled. Once titled, the car can never be sold as a new car again. With something like the Leaf, that means a minimum $10k in depreciation right off the bat, since the next buyer is no longer entitled to the same amount of Federal and state incentives. The car now having to be sold as a used car often means not being eligible for factory rebates/incentives and/or special financing deals.

cwerdna said:
RonDawg said:
jfon101231 said:

RonDawg is correct that there's no "cooling off" period on new cars in CA.

jfon101231, please post reputable sources to back up your claims on new cars and for which states it applies. I kept hearing this same myth over and over at Priuschat and got tired of it. So, I started http://priuschat.com/threads/which-states-have-a-cooling-off-return-period-on-new-cars.103928/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. So far, nobody has been able to produce any sources supporting their claim that their state has a cooling off period on new cars..

I think I will start an equivalent thread here and see what surfaces. :mrgreen:
I've started at thread at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=15822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on this topic.

Please enlighten us, jfon101231.

Back