2013 SL Headlight Aiming Control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszukow

Hello, is there any adjustment for Low beam headlight aiming ?It looks like they point up too much, glare other drivers and sometimes they flash it back to me. I do not have anything heavy in the trunk or carry passengers in the back seat.2011 leaf had adjustment knob for this. Thanks.

Disregard my post-I found it in the service manual p. EXL80 -there is adjustment screw and procedure how to adjust it from distance of 10 meters.

Hi,
I get the same think in my 2013 Leaf SV - the occasional flash of lights from irritated drivers coming towards me :(

Do you have to take the headlight lens cover off to get at that adjustment screw?

I can't find that section in my 2013 manual, maybe there's a small difference between the Canadian and US owners' manual?

PS - I'm down here in Bellingham so pretty near you! Charge at the ice rink in Surrey/Fleetwood every Friday afternoon as I play hockey :)

cheers,
Marty

No, there is 8mm bolt inside just on the back of the fixture. Need socket 8mm to turn left or right. Park the car on level road 10 meters away from the wall to adjust. Cut of line should be between 55 to 81 cm below of the horizontal centre line of the Lo beam mount.My car has 17 in tires so measurement will be bit different. Just google for SV.

When my wife was following me in the Leaf I also noticed the headlights had quite a bit of glare. At this point, everyone in my area is running illegal HID bulbs in non-projector housings, so now I'm just like everybody else I guess. On the up-side, visibility is good.

Back