2013 good price?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nielubie

What is a good price to pay for a 2013 SL premium? I'm looking for a 2013 SL with premium package and on edmunds/kbb.com it shows that Invoice is $34,396 and MSRP is $36,740.

What is a realistic number to be aiming for at the dealership before any taxes and registration? Are they selling for near Invoice price or lower trying to push them off the lot?

I don't know if we have a good price point for the 13 yet... i paid 29250 for a '12 SL pre taxes and such. That was with 5500 dealer incentive, I believe the lowest price they would go would was 27500 (from an inside source, that’s where they're not making any money). I should have been more aggressive in negotiating, but whatever. Since the '12 MSRP was ~37500(?) and the 13 MSRP is ~35000(?) I would say to start at around 30k assuming you don’t have any rebates. Since there aren't a lot of 13's available yet (as far as i know) you might not have much room to negotiate. I found out about my rebate on edmunds and asked about it, gl.

Just like any other car - if you can get close to invoice, it is good. You may have to wait a couple of months to get decent price, though.

Get VPP if you can! $1000 below invoice, give or take. Can't beat it. If the dealer doesn't know what VPP is or how to check if you qualify, walk out! My two cents.

My dealer told me about it and got me qualified on the spot. You can check edmunds.com for invoice and run some rough numbers there.

Good luck!
V.

VPP sounds great!!! Wouldn't you know it, the company my wife used to work for is in the VPP program, now she isn't.. :/ I'll see if the dealer can hook me up somehow. Thank you for the great info.

Secured a lease on a 2013 SL with $2000 down, $157/month for 24 months. Still shopping around, but that is the best so far.

trotsky said:
Secured a lease on a 2013 SL with $2000 down, $157/month for 24 months. Still shopping around, but that is the best so far.

So, effectively $240/month. Good deal. Does that include whatever sales tax you state has? (in California, there is no sales tax on a lease, therefore you pay a monthly "use tax" added to the payment.

TonyWilliams said:
trotsky said:

So, effectively $240/month. Good deal. Does that include whatever sales tax you state has? (in California, there is no sales tax on a lease, therefore you pay a monthly "use tax" added to the payment.

yup...the 2k includes title, registration and 1st payment. No taxes in Oregon.

trotsky said:
TonyWilliams said:
trotsky said:

yup...the 2k includes title, registration and 1st payment. No taxes in Oregon.
That's a good deal. What was the selling price compared to MSRP/Invoice like ?

Not sure, since I haven't signed anything yet. The dealership is waiting for them to come in next week. That was the best deal I could get around this area.

One dealer said $1000 down and $170/month, but when I pushed him for more information he was a little sketchy and others informed me that there was no way he could offer that deal so I suspect it was a ploy to get me to the dealership.

I will stick with the $157 deal since that dealer has been upfront with me the whole time and I have friends who bought from him and gave good reviews.

trotsky said:

How did you get the price down so much? I was on the phone with the dealer today and for a 2013 SV with $2000 down it was $299 for 24 months. They didn't run a credit check so those are raw numbers and I'm not sure how tricked out the car was. I'm looking at the less expensive SV over your top of the line SL

With the VPP the price came down to $230ish so it seems like you either got a hell of deal or you really know how to negotiate!

Nielubie said:
VPP sounds great!!! Wouldn't you know it, the company my wife used to work for is in the VPP program, now she isn't.. :/ I'll see if the dealer can hook me up somehow. Thank you for the great info.

Hi Pete: I think the 2013's are at their most expensive right now (duh), unless you lease. The Lease factors are so low (for sure on the S) that it might prove WAY cheaper to lease today, and horsetrade on the back end. If you bought a $35k car for even $30k (you would be an amazing negotiator, or have a brotherinlaw at the dealership), out the door, you would pay $33kish. Assuming you are not in California, you get $7500 back, so now you paid $25k+. Over five years at even 3% interest you are up over $27k cash out the door, that's about $5k+ a year. Lease at even $300 a month (that's $80 more than I paid for my S, and you would be an terrible negotiator), and you have saved nearly $2k a year. At the end of the three years, start over, get the new technology, or renegotiate the lease. Buy it out at around $15k if you desire, but with a degraded battery, you likely won't want the car, especially when the new ones will probably be better. Just my opinion, trying to keep the cost as low as possible. Getting a Leaf is an AMAZING idea, but just like your first girlfriend, you don't need to get marrie :lol: d to her...

Update:

Sorry for the delay. Have been doing some work on this deal as it turned out to be too good to be true. I called and left messages for the dealer who quoted me the information noted in my original post and have yet to hear from him. I opted for a different dealership and a different Leaf.

I ended up with a Black 2013 Leaf SV with quick charge and LED package with Alan Webb Nissan in Vancouver. They were definitely the best deal I could get using the local dealers against each other. I have talked to a few leaf owners that I bump into at the charging stations in the area and they all seem to have paid quite a bit more for their deals so I still consider mine a good deal.

They have also been great with after care and their customer service doesn't end once they have my business.

trotsky said:
Update:

Sorry for the delay. Have been doing some work on this deal as it turned out to be too good to be true. I called and left messages for the dealer who quoted me the information noted in my original post and have yet to hear from him. I opted for a different dealership and a different Leaf.

I ended up with a Black 2013 Leaf SV with quick charge and LED package. $1000 down and 182/month. This was still the best deal I could get using the local dealers up here. I have talked to a few leaf owners that I bump into at the charging stations in the area and they all seem to have paid quite a bit more for their deals so I still consider it a decent deal.

Sounds about right. We got ours for $2k, down, $199/mo for 2 yrs/15 mile/yr.

Just got my new 2013 SL, but seeing some of these numbers feel like I paid too much. No money down, no first payment, etc. was $300/month for loaded SL. Still not clear on the whole package thing but it has what you'd expect on the SL - 17" wheels, leather, LED headlights, quick charge.

So did I get screwed at $300 with no money down? I tried whittling them down from $330 a month and it was going nowhere once we got to $300/month. I should have checked the VPP thing - :evil: It just looked so cool and I was hooked after my test drive.

I went with Nissan financing because I didn't want to monkey with the $7500 thing - easier to just hand it over to Nissan but their money factor was crap - 4.8% or .002

jawshoeaw said:
Just got my new 2013 SL, but seeing some of these numbers feel like I paid too much. No money down, no first payment, etc. was $300/month for loaded SL. Still not clear on the whole package thing but it has what you'd expect on the SL - 17" wheels, leather, LED headlights, quick charge.

So did I get screwed at $300 with no money down? I tried whittling them down from $330 a month and it was going nowhere once we got to $300/month. I should have checked the VPP thing - :evil: It just looked so cool and I was hooked after my test drive.

I went with Nissan financing because I didn't want to monkey with the $7500 thing - easier to just hand it over to Nissan but their money factor was crap - 4.8% or .002

I was quoted $299/mo for no money down for a medium loaded SV. Once I added the $2k downpayment, the VPP and making 2 dealers fight for my business, I walked away with $199/mo and $2k. Sounds like even I could have done better.

gohuge said:
jawshoeaw said:

I was quoted $299/mo for no money down for a medium loaded SV. Once I added the $2k downpayment, the VPP and making 2 dealers fight for my business, I walked away with $199/mo and $2k. Sounds like even I could have done better.

There's not that much diff. between loaded SV and SL, so maybe you could have shaved a few bucks a month down - $300 a month is OK for me with zero out the door. Buyer's remorse is inevitable on car purchases.

Back