2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
livingaboard said:
are you sure it is a 2014? I just read last month that they were not available until October and the Nissan homepage doesn't even mention a 2014
And, as I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=317734#p317734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the links there point to December 2013 for the '14 Leaf.

I mentioned in another thread how I ran into a couple of Leafers at DTLA who were charging there as I was. One of them, a Cayenne Red Leaf S, looked like it had Juke wheels, but upon closer inspection they were really steelies with hubcaps.

The hubcaps did not look like the ones I've seen on other Leaf S cars; just a few days earlier I was at Duarte Nissan getting a new key made (total cost $275 :evil: ) and parked right next to mine was a Leaf S "still in the plastic." It still had the hubcap style I've seen before. But the ones on this Leaf at DTLA were different.

The woman who owned it said she only got the car earlier in the month and those were the hubcaps that were already on the car. Unfortunately I did not take a pic of them, but they do not look like any other hubcap currently on any other Nissan car sold here, so it's not like they got mixed up and the wrong ones put on.

I'm wondering if perhaps Nissan is starting to release the 2014's early, or at least some parts of them?

cwerdna said:
livingaboard said:
are you sure it is a 2014? I just read last month that they were not available until October and the Nissan homepage doesn't even mention a 2014
And, as I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=317734#p317734" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the links there point to December 2013 for the '14 Leaf.

That was a typo. Fixed.

freshleaf said:
Didnt you get the 7500 Government credit .. monthly payments looks a little higher as compare to 2013 which were leased just few months ago..

I dont know they have 2014 already selling...

Great car Enjoy !!!!

Edit: oops you did get the cap reduction..

The payments are relatively high because it includes 15k miles/year, and only $1000 down. And the annoying "protection package" on the sticker that doesn't seem to make any apparent difference. But TrueCar says that with those included, it was well under the average local selling price, and right around the TrueCar price. The email-negotiated price was 33256 and when I checked the proposed lease payments against the very helpful lease calculator spreadsheet in the front of this thread, the payments I have are significantly lower than that. I haven't gone back yet to see what I would need to change in the spreadsheet to reconstruct the lease payments

Yeah 15k lease will be slighter higher.

Capitalized cost reduction: 7065
Adjusted cap cost: 26985

Is that $7065 is the rebate. your actual car price is 26985 which is a good price for 2013 SL.. residual is not bad either.

Imagine the Gas saving you will do for 36K Miles. My electric charges are .04 cents per kWh so my electric bill get a hit of ~ $10 per month..mostly I charge my car at work..

Hi all,

New to the forum, but a long time lurker. I have decided the Leaf would probably make sense for me with a 38 mile RT commute and a diesel car for anything longer than 75 miles.

I requested 4 quotes from dealers in the Milwaukee area and the first one was released last night after much reluctance on the part of the dealer. They seemed to calm down a bit once I explained this was a business purchase and I am required to get 3 written quotes, not that this should really make much of a difference.

Anyway, any and all feedback on this offer would be appreciated. I have posted a link to the printout but will also post the numbers below:

State: Wisconsin
Sales Tax: 5.6% (excluded from calculation, as it would be universal to all quotes)
Trim Level: SL with Premium Package
MSRP: $36,740.00
Invoice: $34,841.00
Negotiated Price: $33,888.54
Taxes: Not Included
Title, Registration, Acquisition, etc: see sheet
MF: 0.00179
DP: $2000
Monthly Payment: $299.89 (plus tax)
Miles: 15K per year

Thank you!

Jason

eqno.png

jotunheim said:
Hi all,

New to the forum, but a long time lurker. I have decided the Leaf would probably make sense for me with a 38 mile RT commute and a diesel car for anything longer than 75 miles.

I requested 4 quotes from dealers in the Milwaukee area and the first one was released last night after much reluctance on the part of the dealer. They seemed to calm down a bit once I explained this was a business purchase and I am required to get 3 written quotes, not that this should really make much of a difference.

Anyway, any and all feedback on this offer would be appreciated. I have posted a link to the printout but will also post the numbers below:

State: Wisconsin
Sales Tax: 5.6% (excluded from calculation, as it would be universal to all quotes)
Trim Level: SL with Premium Package
MSRP: $36,740.00
Invoice: $34,841.00
Negotiated Price: $33,888.54
Taxes: Not Included
Title, Registration, Acquisition, etc: see sheet
MF: 0.00179
DP: $2000
Monthly Payment: $299.89 (plus tax)
Miles: 15K per year

Thank you!

Jason

eqno.png

I see you have tier 3 credit so that doesnt help. I wouldn't be putting anything down on a lease if you can afford it. once you drive it off the lot and it gets totaled or stolen, you are out a car and the money you out down

Agreed. I wouldn't put anything down if you can get away with it.

Last I checked .00179 was the tier-1 MF for an SL, so I don't think that is high. Overall I think that's a good quote.

Credit was not run for this quote, so they must have picked an arbitrary figure. I checked credit about a month ago and was 755 with at least one agency.

The MF is matching up to Tier 0 but the only Tier 3 I see is with regards to the dealer lender program. ??

I already had one dealer decline to match this deal saying he only discounts the Leaf $600 now with demand up 400% from last year...

Jason

jotunheim said:
Credit was not run for this quote, so they must have picked an arbitrary figure. I checked credit about a month ago and was 755 with at least one agency.

The MF is matching up to Tier 0 but the only Tier 3 I see is with regards to the dealer lender program. ??

I already had one dealer decline to match this deal saying he only discounts the Leaf $600 now with demand up 400% from last year...

Jason

If I couldn't get a dealer to give invoice price and claim they are only giving $600 off, I would be inclined to shop elsewhere. Maybe the market you are in dictates this price though.

Just wanted to take a moment and thank everybody on this forum for their knowledge in leasing a Leaf. My wife and I were able to negotiate a great deal and were able to pick up the car Tuesday. Here are the details for those interested.

Metallic Slate S with Charge Package
State: Georgia
Downpayment: $0
Monthly Payment, including taxes: $298.00
12,000 miles/year
24 month lease

When you include the $5,000 GA tax credit and the $150 I will save a month on gas, this car will actually make us money over the course of the lease.

Thanks again.

kevinmleaf said:
Just wanted to take a moment and thank everybody on this forum for their knowledge in leasing a Leaf. My wife and I were able to negotiate a great deal and were able to pick up the car Tuesday. Here are the details for those interested.

Metallic Slate S with Charge Package
State: Georgia
Downpayment: $0
Monthly Payment, including taxes: $298.00
12,000 miles/year
24 month lease

When you include the $5,000 GA tax credit and the $150 I will save a month on gas, this car will actually make us money over the course of the lease.

Thanks again.

Congrats.

Do you have 23 or 24 monthly payments? (Did your "Zero" Down payment include your 1st month's payment?)
Do you have an end of lease Disposition Fee (typically $395)?

Enjoy the car and the gas savings.

Hey, first post here. You folks seems to have a wealth of information so I thought I'd get your opinion on a lease deal that's being offered to me.

Trying to get the $199/mo $1999 down advertised deal.

Brilliant Silver S
State: California
Downpayment: $2000
Monthly Payment, including taxes: $260.00
12,000 miles/year
36 month lease

This doesn't sound great but no one in the bay area seems to be able to get down much farther than that. Your help is appreciated!

Hi Guys, You have a very niche thing going on here. Perfect for guys like me who are considering the Leaf, but did not where to go for help.

Please do help in my case. One dealer here (near Seattle) is offering the following offer:
A) 24 month lease @ 12,000 miles per year you would be $0 down (cap reduction) 24 X $216/month
B) 24 month lease @ 15,000 miles per year you would be $0 down (cap reduction) 24 X $228/month
C) 84 month purchase @ $395/month with $0 down (Don't know what APR he is considering)

Do I accept one of the offers? Which one ?
What other data will I need from him to close in ?
What other options / equipment should I ask from him(Ex: Home Charging equipment)?

State : WA
Sales tax % : waived for EV
Leaf Trim, options : S + Options L92(FLOOR MAT/CARGO MAT SET (PIO)), B92(SPLASH GUARDS (PIO)), F01(CHARGER PKG -inc: 6.0 kW output onboard charger, quick charge port, rearview monitor)
MSRP :31265
Invoice : 29000
Negotiated Price : Not yet finalized. He said VPP pricing will apply.
Taxes, Title, Registration : Not known Yet
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : Not known Yet
Money Factor : I haven't asked
Down Payment : $0
Monthly payment : Please see options above

He is asking me to come over this weekend, so any input is much appreciated.

A2B said:
Hi Guys, You have a very niche thing going on here. Perfect for guys like me who are considering the Leaf, but did not where to go for help.

Please do help in my case. One dealer here (near Seattle) is offering the following offer:
A) 24 month lease @ 12,000 miles per year you would be $0 down (cap reduction) 24 X $216/month
B) 24 month lease @ 15,000 miles per year you would be $0 down (cap reduction) 24 X $228/month
C) 84 month purchase @ $395/month with $0 down (Don't know what APR he is considering)

What other options / equipment should I ask from him(Ex: Home Charging equipment)?

Leaf Trim, options : S + Options L92(FLOOR MAT/CARGO MAT SET (PIO)), B92(SPLASH GUARDS (PIO)), F01(CHARGER PKG -inc: 6.0 kW output onboard charger, quick charge port, rearview monitor)

I certainly wouldn't be buying a lease at this point considering how much room there is for technology to advance and prices to go lower. Assuming you get the full $7500 government credit back on your taxes, your effective payments will be $305 a month for 84 months. 84 months is way too long, in my opinion, to be carrying a car loan.

The mileage options are up to you. If you need 15k miles then get that option. Avoid putting much of anything, if at all, down on the vehicle as you showed earlier.

It would be nice to know what other fees they will try to stick you with an avoid spending ridiculous amounts of money to install a level 2 charger at home. Just buy the charger outright for less than $1000 and have an electrician install it. You can also send in your charger to this specialty place online, the name is around here somewhere, and for about $300-400 I think they can modify your charger to perform the same as a level 2 charger. You still need a 30amp/220volt outlet to plug into
though.

I hope you have done your research to learn the differences between the S and the SV models. The more efficient heat pump is a big one for climate control

livingaboard said:
A2B said:

I certainly wouldn't be buying a lease at this point considering how much room there is for technology to advance and prices to go lower. Assuming you get the full $7500 government credit back on your taxes, your effective payments will be $305 a month for 84 months. 84 months is way too long, in my opinion, to be carrying a car loan.

The mileage options are up to you. If you need 15k miles then get that option. Avoid putting much of anything, if at all, down on the vehicle as you showed earlier.

It would be nice to know what other fees they will try to stick you with an avoid spending ridiculous amounts of money to install a level 2 charger at home. Just buy the charger outright for less than $1000 and have an electrician install it. You can also send in your charger to this specialty place online, the name is around here somewhere, and for about $300-400 I think they can modify your charger to perform the same as a level 2 charger. You still need a 30amp/220volt outlet to plug into
though.

I hope you have done your research to learn the differences between the S and the SV models. The more efficient heat pump is a big one for climate control

The dealer said:
MSRP $31,265
Invoice $29,635
VPP Pricing $28,635
Money factor .00168
With $0 in cap reduction, total due at signing is (first payment, License fees, Titling fees and DOC fee) $612.57
Payments $216/month @ 12,000 0r $228/month @ 15,000

So, this is the final values for the S.

I have decided to go the "specialty" route for the charger. Thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated.

I do not know about the heat pump thingy....can you guide me a little more please ?

A2B said:
I do not know about the heat pump thingy....can you guide me a little more please ?

The Leaf S, and all 2011-2012 Leafs, use a resistive-style heater which is quite power hungry. The 2013 SV and SL models have a more efficient heat pump system which is effective almost to 0 degrees F (I think it's +5 degrees F where it is no longer effective and must rely on the backup resistive heater).

A2B said:

Check the options & prices thread to make sure the invoice number is correct. They might add marketing costs to the invoice price.

oaklandmike said:
Hey, first post here. You folks seems to have a wealth of information so I thought I'd get your opinion on a lease deal that's being offered to me.

Trying to get the $199/mo $1999 down advertised deal.

Brilliant Silver S
State: California
Downpayment: $2000
Monthly Payment, including taxes: $260.00
12,000 miles/year
36 month lease

This doesn't sound great but no one in the bay area seems to be able to get down much farther than that. Your help is appreciated!
Oaklandmike, what is the selling price of the car that they offered you on this lease? All other Nissan terms being equal, that is what the dealer controls. Since we are able to get Leafs below selling price on leases here in San Jose without the dealer tacking on hidden fees then all we really need to know is the selling price to see if your $2000 down, $260 month deal is the best.

Cheers!

Ron

Back