2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dalamchops said:
selectiveins said:
Hi I am looking to lease a 2013 Nissan Leaf SL and below are the numbers I got from my dealer. I feel I am getting tricked by the dealer with such a high down payment. Any tips/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

12k miles for 24 months

Mkt Value - $36, 005

Down payment - $1999
Fees + doc + license + acquisition + first month payment + Tax = $2038.71

Residual = 60%

Monthly Payment = $173.80

that's $8200 for 24 months?? really not that bad.. Just try to roll the tax/down payment into the monthly payments
The cost of your lease is very high for CA for a base SL (without premium package). What state are you in?

selectiveins said:
I am in the bay area and this was quoted by a south bay dealer. Can you tell me what I should expect?
In April and May, the lowest pricing on the base SL in the San Jose area was in the $7400 range plus the standard Nissan dispo fee at end of the 2 yr., 12k mile a yr. lease. About 4 or 5 forum members, including two I helped secure deals, reported leasing in that range. Inventory is down and demand is high so June prices have hovered in the $7600-$7700 range. Nobody in NorCA has reported paying $8000 or above yet on the forum, though dealers will normally quote in that area to see if people bite.

With all the deals happening in the Bay Area has anyone mapped out the feasibility of buying there and driving it back to SoCal? It seems like it should be possible but looking through the forums it seems the Grapevine is not set up to handle a Leaf traversing it. Edit - Obviously this would assume a QC equipped leaf and two to four days set aside for the transit. The next obvious question of course is has anyone priced transporting via a service from SF to LA or SD?

Contact Premier Nissan of fremont and his name is (Montabello) - he gave good deal to me for SL+premium
($7900+$395 total for 24months but its VPP)
I got this deal on 06/23/2013..

thanks
Kasa
2013 Nissan leaf blue SL
200 gas free miles already - 06/26/2013

Hello All,
Love the wealth of info in this forum!!! Thanks to you all! Been contemplating leasing 2013 white leaf SL with premium, mats, splash guards. Do you think this is a good deal for SoCal? He's at $750 under invoice in terms of sales price:

With $1,000 down we'd be at:
36 months @ $351/month + tax
24 months @ $326/month + tax

OR if we go with $2,000 down:
36 months @ $323/month + tax
24 months @ $285/month + tax

This assumes a 12K mile annual cap.

Thanks!
mrdeec

Hi, I am wanting to lease this weekend for 36 months. A few questions - answers would be appreciated. In the calculations for total out of pocket costs over the life of the lease, are you factoring in the taxes, title, registration, document and acquisition fees, or just the down payment (if any) and monthly payments? Which should add up to about what for a reasonable 36 month lease in the Bay Area (not including fees and taxes)? Have you seen a big disparity in the fees and taxes among different deals, if so, why?

Is there a disposition fee at the end of the lease to return the vehicle to Nissan? On a 36 month lease is one eligible for CA state rebate of $2500? Does one have to pay sales tax on the $7500 federal rebate that is factored into the lease? What is the average residual value at the end of a 36 month lease (the amount you would then buy the vehicle for if interested?) How much actual range are you folks getting with your Leaf? Any recommendations on preferred trim levels or options?

Lastly, anyone make the decision to buy/lease a Leaf over a Ford Focus EV and if so, why?

Thank you so much! I know this information will help me any many others :)

In response to 13Leafster

I just got my white Leaf S from Nissan of Oakland. (See prior post by me June 24)

36 months- good. I did the same thing. Take advantage of the $2500 check from the State.

Yes- factor in , title, registration, document and acquisition fees, and monthly payment. I considered my due at signing of $2500 a wash since I get a check back from the state doing a 36 month lease.

Typical fee was the $80 doc fee, and 9% (based on my zip code) tax tacked onto my monthly payment.

Yes $395 dispostion fee.

I am getting 90 miles on the Leaf S if I drive conservatively (e.g., ~70mph, not trying to pass other vehicles, big rigs, etc..., coast down hill. Let go of the gas pedal as I approach traffic lights, leave the car in ECO mode the entire time. having the AC on full blast (been hot a few days) only affects 3 miles over the entire range.

Here was my deal from Nissan of Oakland. Ask for Esther (internet mgr) or Adress (sales mgr)

Leaf S glacier white with quick charge

$2500 due at signing.
36 month lease
24k miles per year (need those for commute monday-friday, plus some weekend pleasure driving)

Monthly payment came out to be $305+tax

When you're about to say yes to the deal, tell them to include the maintenance package (tire rotations, brake fluid flush, cabin filter change) that covers the entire 3 years. Yes, Leaf requires minimal maintenance. But you want to squeeze as much out of the deal as you can.

I saw some replies that my lease was inflated. But then seeing subsequent posts on Bay Area lease deals on SVs, SLs, I consider mine to be relative. i just needed the base model for commute.

Had the car for two days. 200 miles and counting... Runs great.

13Leafster said:
Hi, I am wanting to lease this weekend for 36 months. A few questions - answers would be appreciated. In the calculations for total out of pocket costs over the life of the lease, are you factoring in the taxes, title, registration, document and acquisition fees, or just the down payment (if any) and monthly payments? Which should add up to about what for a reasonable 36 month lease in the Bay Area (not including fees and taxes)? Have you seen a big disparity in the fees and taxes among different deals, if so, why? Is there a disposition fee at the end of the lease to return the vehicle to Nissan? On a 36 month lease is one eligible for CA state rebate of $2500? Does one have to pay sales tax on the $7500 federal rebate that is factored into the lease? What is the average residual value at the end of a 36 month lease (the amount you would then buy the vehicle for if interested? Ford focus vs. Leaf, etc., etc.................
13Leafster, I appreciate your eagerness to get your car this weekend, but I have to suggest that based on all your questions you might not be ready. Knowledge is power and you need to gain a lot more knowledge of what you want, why you want it, and what is the least amount of $ you can get it for in your area before making your purchase.

For example, you are not even considering a two year lease as opposed to three because you believe the CA rebate is going to save you money. But you haven't done any analysis. First, the rebate CA rebate $ is dried up and you will have to wait and trust that it will be funded. Second, the Nissan quotes on three year leases are so expensive that many people find they pay more per year even after the CA rebate. Third, if you lease for three years make sure you are saving enough to buy 4 tires you may have to replace, which surely won't happen at two years. Add a brake fluid change and cabin filter also which may not be necessary for a two year lease. After you do you analysis of all these factors and more, and compare the offers for each, you may decide the three year is the way to go, or maybe not.

That's just one issue. I could write a lot more, analyzing each of your questions and points. But you really just need to do your homework and read through this thread and you will hear the pros and cons and thorough analysis on a lot of your issues.

As for machbird's suggestions, I respectfully disagree with virtually his entire approach. He chose to deal with the dealer on THEIR terms, starting with THEiR ridiculous highball price and working them down a bit and getting a few worthless throw ins at the end. They likely would have thrown in Thanksgiving dinner, with all the fixins, delivered to his house hot for three years for what he ended up paying for the lease. Hint: why do you think they just kept saying "yes" to what he asked for? He honestly believed that the salesman they employ was working for HIM to get HIM a great deal. Ultimately, he truly believes that he squeezed a good deal out of it based on what? Because it was better than the dealer's first highball offer? The truth is that our knowledgeable and analytical forum members have achieved MUCH better deals in NorCA on similar Leafs over the past year.

The better approach is to do your homework, gain knowledge on what you want and why and demand the lowest price that we know from experience the dealer in our area will give us. That is what this forum enables you to do; it is the antithesis of machbird's (the dealer's) approach. Knowledge is power and power enables you to negotiate on YOUR terms, not theirs.

drivinginsocal said:
With all the deals happening in the Bay Area has anyone mapped out the feasibility of buying there and driving it back to SoCal? It seems like it should be possible but looking through the forums it seems the Grapevine is not set up to handle a Leaf traversing it.
Tony Williams drove his Leaf from BC2BC (Baja California, Mexico to British Columbia, Canada). Other Leafers drove his Leaf for him in the other direction back home to the San Diego area.

See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=198034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. He didn't take I-5. If you were to do it, I'd advise that you get the stock EVSE upgraded to support 200+ volt charging (or borrow one) and get a whole bunch of plug adapters so that you can charge at RV parks (using the upgraded EVSE), not just J1772 or CHAdeMO stations.

He's currently driving his RAv4 EV up for http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. You can track him at http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0V4JEV6SMmgAbGhJRkxlQsuShMhhalQHv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Having a hard time finding a deal on an SL with Premium Package lease in Illinois.

I want to lease for 36 months, but I think I may be paying more than anyone in the history of this forum. Of the two that have the Leaf I want, one will take $1200 off the MSRP and the other will take $1700 off.

Also, I guess there is no state incentive available for leases in Illinois. If I were to buy one, it's 10%, and when you lease, the dealer is not figuring that into the equation.

Ford Focus electric, on the other hand, takes both the Federal and State off the top.

I was planning on getting a car this week, but now I am not sure if I should just wait and see what happens over the next couple of months.

SouthLeaf said:
Having a hard time finding a deal on an SL with Premium Package lease in Illinois.

I want to lease for 36 months, but I think I may be paying more than anyone in the history yof this forum. Of the two that have the Leaf I want, one will take $1200 off the MSRP and the other will take $1700 off.

I was planning on getting a car this week, but now I am not sure if I should just wait and see what happens over the next couple of months.
Southleaf, I searched 4 Nissan dealer inventories in the Chicago area before I found a Leaf. I guess that says it all. Unless you can bring one in from Wisconsin I can't see how you can get a fair deal. Sorry I couldn't help. Maybe someone from your area has a suggestion.

Hello all,

Been contemplating leasing 2013 white leaf SL with premium, mats, splash guards. Do you think this is a good deal for SoCal? He's at $750 under invoice in terms of sales price:

With $1,000 down we'd be at:
36 months @ $351/month + tax
24 months @ $326/month + tax

OR if we go with $2,000 down:
36 months @ $323/month + tax
24 months @ $285/month + tax

This assumes a 12K mile annual cap.

Thanks!

Atlanta, GA.

I was quoted a VPP lease price for a base model S two weeks ago. 2 years, 12k miles per year for $208 down, $208 for 23 months, including all taxes. The dealer did not have the S at the time, but the cars just arrived this week. After contacting the dealer, the price is no longer valid and is now $222. Bait and switch? Based on the prices listed here, this new price still seems competitive.

Corina1231 said:
SouthLeaf said:

I want to lease for 36 months, but I think I may be paying more than anyone in the history yof this forum. Of the two that have the Leaf I want, one will take $1200 off the MSRP and the other will take $1700 off.

Southleaf, I searched 4 Nissan dealer inventories in the Chicago area before I found a Leaf. I guess that says it all. Unless you can bring one in from Wisconsin I can't see how you can get a fair deal. Sorry I couldn't help. Maybe someone from your area has a suggestion.

Thanks... guess it's a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. I am going to visit two dealers in person tomorrow and see if they can do any better. It is the end of the month, maybe one needs the credit to reach a target. From what I understand, a Leaf counts as two cars sold to Nissan for dealer target incentive purposes.

I've been meaning to chime in with the deal Ron helped me out with a few weeks back... (June 6th)

2013 SV w/Quick Charge-LED package

36 months
15,000 miles ($.15 over)
$200 Down
$348.27 payment AFTER tax. ($323.60 before)

There was a bit of a hiccup when the dealer sold the exact car I wanted (couldn't get down there in time) but we worked it out in the end.

Thanks Ron!

mprachar said:
I've been meaning to chime in with the deal Ron helped me out with a few weeks back... (June 6th)

2013 SV w/Quick Charge-LED package

36 months
15,000 miles ($.15 over)
$200 Down
$348.27 payment AFTER tax. ($323.60 before)

There was a bit of a hiccup when the dealer sold the exact car I wanted (couldn't get down there in time) but we worked it out in the end.

Thanks Ron!
Mike, glad I could help. It was great meeting you and you wife!

where are you getting this deal ? is this with the charge pkg

sounds a little on the higher side even with the charge package

spiro said:
State : WA
Leaf Trim, options : S
Downpayment : $1000 down
Monthly payment : $236/month
12 000 miles / year.

Is this a good deal, or can I do better?

thisisyourlife said:
Atlanta, GA.

I was quoted a VPP lease price for a base model S two weeks ago. 2 years, 12k miles per year for $208 down, $208 for 23 months, including all taxes. The dealer did not have the S at the time, but the cars just arrived this week. After contacting the dealer, the price is no longer valid and is now $222. Bait and switch? Based on the prices listed here, this new price still seems competitive.

If you have the $208 x 24 payments in writing, it could be construed as bait and switch. If you have the time to wait - I'd tell them to keep that original deal (inclusive of all fees minus your permanent car tag) or you will take your business elsewhere. End of the month is here, the deals this weekend should be outstanding.

$208 x 24 payments = $4992 plus $395 Dispo Fee = $5387 total lease cost. Does that include the Quick Charge Package? If so, that is about the lowest Atlanta area lease deal I've seen over the last few months, on these forums.

I'd "grind" the Dispo Fee down when they spring that "mandatory" $395 fee on you in the Finance Manager's office. Corina1231 has posted several good negotiating tips on this strategy earlier in this thread.

SV w/floor mats, cargo cover
24 months
15k miles/yr
$0 down
$242 /mo * 24 mo = $5,784 + 395 (dispo fee) = $6,179 TCO
VPP eligible - Active Duty Military

Town North Nissan, Austin Tx - I live in San Antonio but went to Austin for better deal. They offered a SL for 24 mo for $6400 + 395 dispo fee but I wanted SV.

Back