2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GlennD said:
I really do not understand the is this a good deal posts. You have signed the lease so its a done deal.

No matter how good your deal is someone will claim a better deal just to make you feel bad.

Well, I can't speak for others, but at least as far as my request, as I said in my post, I'm mostly just trying to learn more about the leasing process and what items I could have negotiated harder about, so next time I can work out something better.

Dan

GlennD said:
I really do not understand the is this a good deal posts. You have signed the lease so its a done deal.
Which is why I never respond to done deals, other than to occasionally congratulate them if they had posted earlier for help.

New to the forum and the whole EV thingy. Would appreciate feedback on below proposal from dealer in Southern NJ.

Leaf SV
Quick charge package
2 yr 15K miles lease
$1000 down payment (of which first lease payment of $259 is included)
No sales tax in NJ for ZEV's purchased or leased
Monthly payment: $259
And they're throwing in a free charger-all I have to do is get it installed.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

C141medic

c141medic said:
New to the forum and the whole EV thingy. Would appreciate feedback on below proposal from dealer in Southern NJ.

Leaf SV
Quick charge package
2 yr 15K miles lease

C141medic
You are paying close to $7000 plus Nissan Dispo fee for the 2 Yr/30k lease, which is about $750 more than the average price in NorCal, so it is probably close to what people pay in NJ. I wouldn't pay it, since I know the dealer is making too much, especially when there is no sales tax in NJ. I would offer $1000 down and $240, and walk out at anything over $245. They would still make a decent profit and your deal would be good for NJ, where nobody seems to be able to score a great deal.

Corina1231 said:
c141medic said:

Leaf SV
Quick charge package
2 yr 15K miles lease

C141medic
You are paying close to $7000 plus Nissan Dispo fee for the 2 Yr/30k lease, which is about $750 more than the average price in NorCal, so it is probably close to what people pay in NJ. I wouldn't pay it, since I know the dealer is making too much, especially when there is no sales tax in NJ. I would offer $1000 down and $240, and walk out at anything over $245. They would still make a decent profit and your deal would be good for NJ, where nobody seems to be able to score a great deal.

Thank you for the comments. I agree, it is hard to get a fair deal in NJ. The dealer's first offer for the same vehicle was $359 a month. I'm thinking though if the vehicle is in their inventory, there's more incentive for them to offer a fair price. In my case the vehicle is in their lot so hopefully ill be able to get an equitably fair deal.

GlennD said:

No matter how good your deal is someone will claim a better deal just to make you feel bad.

On page 83 about a week ago, I requested feedback and didn't get any. So now I get a negative reply...Gee thanks.
And I am not after "someone to get a better deal to make me feel bad" WTH is that about?! I strictly wanted some feedback: Decent deal or not. I waited a few days to get a reply, and then that car had sold. So I found another that was cheaper. There was 2 Slate SV's remaining is 300 miles! I couldn't wait any longer to make a decision. I think I did fairly well in the lease and posted my numbers for others to see mainly.

Corina1231 said:
LilasGardenLeaf said:
Hello to All -
first time to post in this forum after spending a good week studying posts.
Just got offered on a first try this from a Charlotte, NC Nissan dealer without any type of negotiation to date

2013 Nissan LEAF SV - Pearl White
Floor Mats, Cargo Net, Premium Package

MSRP 33,915
Dealer Discount $2,000
Nissan Rebate $7,500

Total Purchase - $24,415.00
Admin Fees - $699.00
State & Local Taxes $233.16
Title & Licensing $784.00

Net Price $26,131,16
Balance (?) $26,855.45

I have no idea what the difference ($724.29) between the net price and the Balance represents....

Lease Offer Deal Data based on 12 k/ Yr
24 months, MF 0.00156 with 2k down $260.75 Monthly Pyt

This equals $6,258 + $395.00 Dispo Fee = 6,653.00 for the 2 year term

As a first shot - given that North Carolina is not really EV friendly territory - does this represent a workable deal in the forum's opinion? Again, to this point I have not stepped into the dealership nor done any kind of price negotiation over the phone.
Is the Administrative Fee related to bank/ Lease doc fees, or is this simply a fee to pad the dealer profit?

Appreciate any comments - thanks.
Lila,
It's high for NC. Probably by about $800 to $1000. Check out the much nicer deal your fellow Tarheel, KRmax, got on their car (p.82) which had an $800 HIGHER MSRP, but they paid $500 LESS for their lease on the same terms.

The difference may be that KRMax had VPP which I do not have. My dealer discount is only 2k at present whereas he got 4k.
Am trying to find out which dealer KRMax used in Charlotte to duplicate his deal as much as possible, hopefully without the $699 "Adminstrative Fee"...

LilasGardenLeaf said:
Corina1231 said:
LilasGardenLeaf said:
Hello to All -
first time to post in this forum after spending a good week studying posts.
Just got offered on a first try this from a Charlotte, NC Nissan dealer without any type of negotiation to date

2013 Nissan LEAF SV - Pearl White
Floor Mats, Cargo Net, Premium Package

MSRP 33,915
Dealer Discount $2,000
Nissan Rebate $7,500

Total Purchase - $24,415.00
Admin Fees - $699.00
State & Local Taxes $233.16
Title & Licensing $784.00

Net Price $26,131,16
Balance (?) $26,855.45

I have no idea what the difference ($724.29) between the net price and the Balance represents....

Lease Offer Deal Data based on 12 k/ Yr
24 months, MF 0.00156 with 2k down $260.75 Monthly Pyt

This equals $6,258 + $395.00 Dispo Fee = 6,653.00 for the 2 year term

As a first shot - given that North Carolina is not really EV friendly territory - does this represent a workable deal in the forum's opinion? Again, to this point I have not stepped into the dealership nor done any kind of price negotiation over the phone.
Is the Administrative Fee related to bank/ Lease doc fees, or is this simply a fee to pad the dealer profit?

Appreciate any comments - thanks.
Lila,
It's high for NC. Probably by about $800 to $1000. Check out the much nicer deal your fellow Tarheel, KRmax, got on their car (p.82) which had an $800 HIGHER MSRP, but they paid $500 LESS for their lease on the same terms.

The difference may be that KRMax had VPP which I do not have. My dealer discount is only 2k at present whereas he got 4k.
Am trying to find out which dealer KRMax used in Charlotte to duplicate his deal as much as possible, hopefully without the $699 "Adminstrative Fee"...
Ok, that's fair. In NorCal, I helped someone obtain a vehicle with your exact specs for $5799 plus dispo for a non-VPP deal. Since NC is usually a bit higher, maybe $6000 plus the $395 Dispo fee would be a good price for non VPP in NC.

KRMax said that the $699 was all the fees totaled, but then later called it a doc fee. Whatever you call it, it appears at least slightly inflated. You can contact him privately through this forum by going to p. 83 and clicking on his "pm" to send him a personal message. Best of Luck!

techgurru said:
Well, I leased a Leaf! Here are the numbers

State : Oregon
Sales tax % : 0
Leaf Trim, options: 2013 SV w/ Premium Package + Floor Mats +Zero Emission Graphics + VIN Etch + Door Edge Guards + Nitrogen
MSRP : $34,487
Invoice : $32,126
Negotiated Price : Adjusted Cap Cost? $24,330.74
Taxes, Title, Registration : $158 (I am bringing in my personal plates)
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : Bank Fee $595
Money Factor : .00201 (My credit is at Tier 4, but they got me a 2-Tier bump exception)
Downpayment : $500.00
Monthly payment : $252.74
Term: 24/mo 12K miles
This offer also considers the $7,500 tax credit as part of the down payment.

I really wanted an SV with no options in Metallic Slate because I MUST have CARWINGS, but there are ZERO around. All Slate vehicles seem to have either Premium or LED/QC packages on them. I have a 30 mile round trip commute so I dont think I would take advantage of the QC anyway. I think I may like Bose speakers as I can make use of them each second I am diving the Leaf
My goal is $199/mo with $500 down but I think I am dreaming unless I settle for a Base S. So $53 dollars a month extra for an SV and a huge list of options wasn't bad was it?

Anyone care to reply if it was a decent deal?

some add ons i would definitely question paying for. so i would have to say even if its a good deal (and i really dont know since it is highly dependent of your area) i have to say, it could have been better

techgurru said:
GlennD said:

On page 83 about a week ago, I requested feedback and didn't get any. So now I get a negative reply...Gee thanks.
And I am not after "someone to get a better deal to make me feel bad" WTH is that about?! I strictly wanted some feedback: Decent deal or not. I waited a few days to get a reply, and then that car had sold. So I found another that was cheaper. There was 2 Slate SV's remaining is 300 miles! I couldn't wait any longer to make a decision. I think I did fairly well in the lease and posted my numbers for others to see mainly.

ignore him. he needs to review the point of this thread. if he cant accept that, he should not be here. plenty of other topics here to keep him busy.

keep in mind, this is public forum and comments made can sound very negative. its just an opinion and everyone has one. if you want everyone to agree with you or be glowingly positive, i would not suggest this or any other public forum.

I am thinking about contacting a dealer with my no-haggle price, and telling them when they can meet my price I will sign.

I want an SV, 24 Mo, 15K, $0 down.
I am contemplating telling them my price is $5,800 total cost of ownership (TCO)
I plan to purchase in Texas (San Antonio)
I qualify for VPP.

Is $5,800 a reasonable price for TCO? What do you think about this approach?
I have been trying to communicate with dealers via email, but I keep getting highball offers. Yesterday I was in another state (KS) and went in for a test drive. They wanted to talk numbers so I told them $5,800 TCO. At first they seemed confused about the concept. Initially they said they could not do it unless I threw in an additional $2K. When I explained $2K down was fine as long as TCO was still $5,800, they finally got it. 10 minutes later they agreed to $5,900 (SV had premium sound system). I told them not sure if worth price to transport car to TX.

Tomorrow I will contact TX dealer that I know has what I want and tell him I will sign when he matches my price. Do you think $5,800 is a fair number?
I noticed chart on first page has SV, VPP shows $214/mo…is that implying my target TCO should be $5136?

PS: this forum is very helpful – I have read 40+ pages and am VERY appreciative of the collective effort to further the cause! :)

EvExcited said:
I am thinking about contacting a dealer with my no-haggle price, and telling them when they can meet my price I will sign.
Tomorrow I will contact TX dealer that I know has what I want and tell him I will sign when he matches my price. Do you think $5,800 is a fair number?
I noticed chart on first page has SV, VPP shows $214/mo…is that implying my target TCO should be $5136?
Keep in mind that -- I think, if I remember correctly; someone please correct me if I am wrong -- in Texas you are unfortunately charged ALL of the sales tax on the MSRP on a lease, not just the portion that applies to the monthly payments for the short time you have it. I think there are just a few other states that do it that way. Thus, in comparing other lease deals you need to keep the state & level of sales tax (if any) in mind.

EvExcited said:

I want an SV, 24 Mo, 15K, $0 down.
I am contemplating telling them my price is $5,800 total cost of ownership (TCO)
I plan to purchase in Texas (San Antonio)
I qualify for VPP.

Is $5,800 a reasonable price for TCO? What do you think about this approach?
I have been trying to communicate with dealers via email, but I keep getting highball offers. Yesterday I was in another state (KS) and went in for a test drive. They wanted to talk numbers so I told them $5,800 TCO. At first they seemed confused about the concept. Initially they said they could not do it unless I threw in an additional $2K. When I explained $2K down was fine as long as TCO was still $5,800, they finally got it. 10 minutes later they agreed to $5,900 (SV had premium sound system). I told them not sure if worth price to transport car to TX.

No, the VPP price of $214 is for an SV without any options (not even floor mats) and does not include tax, title, license and sometimes the your first born and the kitchen sink added on by dealers.

Hi,

Newbee here. Looking to lease a Leaf S or SV with the standard options that come with these models. What would you consider a good price for a 24 month / 15K miles lease? I am interested in the total cost of ownership - does not matter $0 down or $2K down. I am just concerned about my monthly avg payment value. I live in Nor Cal - East bay area but dont mind driving 50~100 miles to pick up a good deal.

FYI - In Cali they charge tax on the MSRP price of the car.

Thanks

great forum.. thanks for the valuable info..

VPP
I'm trying to find what a reasonable TCO for a S with charge package + mats + splash guard in Washington state is?

VPP
24 mo
179 drive-off (which includes all fees)
$179/mo for 23 months
S with charger package + mats + splash guard

I've been offered $179/m for a 24 month lease with 0 down. but the dealer has no cars available and I need to get on the wait list. this comes to $4296

I'm thinking of going with a dealer who has a car is stock even if the price I'm offered is not as $4296

also on the GAP insurance, is there any additional paperwork you sign or if this part of the lease ?

thanks

Can somebody help evaluate a deal? sorry i found the forum too late, already signed.

VPP
24 mo
2000 drive-off (which includes all fees)
$215/mo for 23 months
SV with QC/Led package.
Norcal, 8.5% tax rate.

I am gathering from previous posts that it is not that great. Discovered the dealer increased the money factor too from the standard most ppl have been getting, though not too much, from 0.00156 to 0.00165 (wasn't able to do all the math at the dealer and he wouldn't reveal it).

Nyurka said:
Can somebody help evaluate a deal? sorry i found the forum too late, already signed.

VPP
24 mo
$215/mo for 23 months
SV with QC/Led package.
Norcal, 8.5% tax rate.

I am gathering from previous posts that it is not that great. Discovered the dealer increased the money factor too from the standard most ppl have been getting, though not too much, from 0.00156 to 0.00165 (wasn't able to do all the math at the dealer and he wouldn't reveal it).

What is your VPP savings? Also, you say $2K includes all fees but you are still paying the 8.5% tax separately? I take it that it is $2K + 8.5% tax. What was the amount they used for calculating the tax? Trying to calcuate your TCO value. Will make it easier once we have this...

pogoplug said:
Nyurka said:

VPP
24 mo
$215/mo for 23 months
SV with QC/Led package.
Norcal, 8.5% tax rate.

What is your VPP savings? Also, you say $2K includes all fees but you are still paying the 8.5% tax separately? I take it that it is $2K + 8.5% tax. What was the amount they used for calculating the tax? Trying to calcuate your TCO value. Will make it easier once we have this...

8.5% is already included in what i stated above, so no, it's not 2000 +tax, tax is already built into 2000 drive off and 215 monthly payments, this is just to illustrate as ppl compare between counties/states. VPP savings were supposed to be $1000 off invoice (and it was based on edmunds info). TCO is 6,945 23*215+2000.

After reading many of the above posts I think we left about $700-1000 on the table, if not more, on the table. Spur of the moment and not enough research. Lesson learned.

Nyurka said:
pogoplug said:
Nyurka said:

VPP
24 mo
$215/mo for 23 months
SV with QC/Led package.
Norcal, 8.5% tax rate.

8.5% is already included in what i stated above, so no, it's not 2000 +tax, tax is already built into 2000 drive off and 215 monthly payments, this is just to illustrate as ppl compare between counties/states. VPP savings were supposed to be $1000 off invoice (and it was based on edmunds info). TCO is 6,945 23*15+2000.

After reading many of the above posts I think we left about $700-1000 on the table, if not more, on the table. Spur of the moment and not enough research. Lesson learned.

Thats better...you essentially paid down the taxes as opposed to doing a down payment for sign on + taxes. So you are getting some savings by dragging out the sign on payments. Plus you got the LED package. Keep in mind that there are people who have paid $214/month for basic SV option - no floor mats, no title, nothing. So you didnt doo too badly. Not sure about overpaying by $700 but I feel you could have saved another $400- $500 by doing some homework..

ours includes mats/splashguards/cargo net, and all fees such as title/dmv etc are included in that 2000 drive off. OK deal but not great. Qualifies into 80% of ppl who feel good about their car purchases/leases :)

Back