2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N1ghtrider said:
I am overpaying on a three-year lease on my 2012 LEAF SV base model I got in December, 2011. :cry: (Don't ask how much I am overpaying because I am too embarrassed to say. :oops: ) I am halfway through the lease and have 15,000 miles on the car.
Let us say you are paying $400 - you think you can get a new one for $200 a month. Over 18 months you are spending 3,600 more.

But, that $200 a month is with some down payment - probably 2,000. So, over 18 months it comes to 1,600 extra.

Nissan lets you pay off the old lease - you can see your payoff amount on their website (or call). Let us say the trade in value is around a very generous $17k. If your payoff is more than $18.6k (most likely), you will be at a loss getting a new lease at half the price.

evnow said:
Nissan lets you pay off the old lease - you can see your payoff amount on their website (or call). Let us say the trade in value is around a very generous $17k. If your payoff is more than $18.6k (most likely), you will be at a loss getting a new lease at half the price.
newownermnl

Could VPP and the $1,000 loyalty rebate help?

Corina1231 said:
Kaduvas said:
Here is a quote i received for S-trim with QC, 24 month lease. I have vpp.

0 money down
23 payments of $259, including GA 6.5% tax.
$395 disposal fee.

Is this a good deal? Pls comment.

- Rey
Rey, the deal is very fair for GA, but it is not quite a VPP deal ($1000 under invoice). GA dealers tack on extra charges because they know you get that nice rebate from the state. It's not worth fighting over a few hundred dollars that they tacked on. I would definitely go with it. It is better than most other forum members have gotten in GA. Enjoy your rebate!

Thank you! I went to the dealer today to close the deal. He tried adding ~$350 down payment, something which was not included in the quote, and i walked away. I guess, i will wait.

Corina1231 said:
I don't have an "administrative fee" of $699 and my title/reg cost is $500 less than yours. Evnow hit it on the head, as usual. That is where you are being screwed, the $699 BS fee. Still a very good deal for NC. Obviously, it would be an incredibly great deal If you can do something about the $699 BS fee.
Sorry for the delay in the update to the board! I managed to close a deal with this dealer on Memorial Day. I ended up getting the Leaf from them in Charlotte and driving back to Raleigh (143 miles) with a mid-way charge at Asheboro Nissan (where they were very nice).

Turns out the "Doc Fee" of $699 was basically the total for all the fees, as they listed $1 for Title, License and Registration. They had $4k off the MSRP as their starting point (in part because I didn't want the QC/LED package on the SV but all of theirs had it) which had me at $259.69/month, but I had clearly communicated to the sales manager about my total lease cost and clarified that this monthly price x 24 was my bottom line total. When the Disposition Fee came up in the finance office I balked at it and after some discussions ("every lease has this", "you don't have to pay it unless you turn it in") they took the $395 off my cost which dropped the monthly payments to as listed below.

MSRP $34,615 (SV + QC/LED + Mats + Splash guards)
Gross Cap Cost: $30,450.00 + $1 registration + $595 acquisition fee + $699 doc fee = $31,745.00

$0 down (just first month's payment)
24 payments at $239.60
Total out of pocket $5,750.40 + $395 disposition fee at the end = $6145.40

Depreciation listed at $3,882.33 and rent charge of $1,700.55.
3% sales tax on EV in NC.
VPP, Tier-0 credit

I'm thrilled with my new Leaf! Thanks again to the help of everyone on the board.

As a final note, this dealer actually was very good to work with (and the finance manager too). My experience was I had to fight with most of the dealers, especially the local ones, to even get a real VPP quote. I also had to fight to keep them communicating via email ("give me a call", "schedule an appointment to come on down").

Lastly, by the discussion I heard between the sales manager and the finance manager when they were taking off another $395 to offset the Disposition Fee it sounds like Nissan gives them $1150 in addition profit for VPP sales.

KRMax said:
Corina1231 said:
I don't have an "administrative fee" of $699 and my title/reg cost is $500 less than yours. Evnow hit it on the head, as usual. That is where you are being screwed, the $699 BS fee. Still a very good deal for NC. Obviously, it would be an incredibly great deal If you can do something about the $699 BS fee.
Sorry for the delay in the update to the board! I managed to close a deal with this dealer on Memorial Day. I ended up getting the Leaf from them in Charlotte and driving back to Raleigh (143 miles) with a mid-way charge at Asheboro Nissan (where they were very nice).

Turns out the "Doc Fee" of $699 was basically the total for all the fees, as they listed $1 for Title, License and Registration. They had $4k off the MSRP as their starting point (in part because I didn't want the QC/LED package on the SV but all of theirs had it) which had me at $259.69/month, but I had clearly communicated to the sales manager about my total lease cost and clarified that this monthly price x 24 was my bottom line total. When the Disposition Fee came up in the finance office I balked at it and after some discussions ("every lease has this", "you don't have to pay it unless you turn it in") they took the $395 off my cost which dropped the monthly payments to as listed below.

MSRP $34,615 (SV + QC/LED + Mats + Splash guards)
Gross Cap Cost: $30,450.00 + $1 registration + $595 acquisition fee + $699 doc fee = $31,745.00

$0 down (just first month's payment)
24 payments at $239.60
Total out of pocket $5,750.40 + $395 disposition fee at the end = $6145.40

Depreciation listed at $3,882.33 and rent charge of $1,700.55.
3% sales tax on EV in NC.
VPP, Tier-0 credit

I'm thrilled with my new Leaf! Thanks again to the help of everyone on the board.

As a final note, this dealer actually was very good to work with (and the finance manager too). My experience was I had to fight with most of the dealers, especially the local ones, to even get a real VPP quote. I also had to fight to keep them communicating via email ("give me a call", "schedule an appointment to come on down").

Lastly, by the discussion I heard between the sales manager and the finance manager when they were taking off another $395 to offset the Disposition Fee it sounds like Nissan gives them $1150 in addition profit for VPP sales.
Dude, you just got a NorCal deal in North Carolina! Are you kidding me? How sweet it is! Your tenaciousness really paid off. Congratulations!

Kaduvas said:
Corina1231 said:
Kaduvas said:
Here is a quote i received for S-trim with QC, 24 month lease. I have vpp.

0 money down
23 payments of $259, including GA 6.5% tax.
$395 disposal fee.

Is this a good deal? Pls comment.

- Rey

Corina1231 wrote:

Rey, the deal is very fair for GA, but it is not quite a VPP deal ($1000 under invoice). GA dealers tack on extra charges because they know you get that nice rebate from the state. It's not worth fighting over a few hundred dollars that they tacked on. I would definitely go with it. It is better than any deal I've seen out of GA.

-----------------------------------------------

Kuduvas replied:

Thank you! I went to the dealer today to close the deal. He tried adding ~$350 down payment, something which was not included in the quote, and i walked away. I guess, i will wait.

----------------------------------------------

Corina1231 responded:

Rey, I respect the fact that you walked. It never hurts to do so. But, I have to tell you even with the $350 it is the best deal I've seen on the Forum this past year in GA. If he calls you back and splits the baby or you go in negotiate them down at all, or even go elsewhere and tell them what you have and see if they can beat it, you should get the deal done. The sooner the better, since you'll save on fuel cost and, more importantly, pick up that sweet GA tax credit.

It's funny. I'm almost always encouraging folks not to take their offers and fight harder. In your case, I would take most any deal under what you were offered.

This thread is a very good resource, it helps to see what other people are getting. I'm in Northern California and I'm looking at leasing a 2013 LEAF SV. I've only had some preliminary negotiations with the dealer as I'm waiting for something of mine to sell before I go through with it. I'd like to see:

2013 LEAF SV
36 months
LED/QC Package
15,000 miles a year
$2,000 down
Payment of around $215-225 a month.

Sound doable?

Hi, new to the forum and hoping to get into a Leaf soon, but looking for the help of the members here to see if the numbers I'm getting are a decent deal.

State: Oregon
Sales tax %: 0%
Leaf Trim, options: 2013 SL w/Premium Package
MSRP: $36910
Invoice: $34864
Negotiated Price: $34500 - $7500 rebate = $27000
Taxes, Title, Registration: approx. $200
Money Factor: .00179 (supposedly top tier)
Downpayment: $0 / $1000 / $2000
Monthly payment: $340 / $296 / $252
Term: 24 months
Mileage: 12,000 miles/year

I tried searching through some of the recent pages looking for any info on members leasing in Oregon but nothing really comes up, and there aren't many SLs to compare to either. The two dealerships I've received quotes from are within $10/month on their quotes, does this seem like a reasonable deal?

Thanks in advance!

Hello! First post--excited to get into a Leaf and because I am in the business of electric cars, the local Nissan Dealer offered me these numbers and said they are loosing about 100 bucks to make this happen, you tell me if I should go for it:

State : Oregon
Sales tax % : 0
Leaf Trim, options : 2013 SV w/ LED & Quick Charger Package
MSRP : $34,615
Invoice : ?
Negotiated Price : Adjusted Cap Cost? $24,943.83
Taxes, Title, Registration : $158 (I am bringing in my personal plates)
Any other fees (doc, administrative, marketing etc) : Bank Fee $595
Money Factor : .00201 (My credit ranks at Tier 4, but they got me a 2-Tier bump exception)
Downpayment : $500.00
Monthly payment : $265.83
Term: 24/mo 12K miles
This offer also considers the $7,500 tax credit as part of the down payment.

I really wanted an SV with no options in Metallic Slate because I MUST have CARWINGS, but there are ZERO around. All Slate vehicles seem to have either Premium or LED/QC packages on them. I have a 30 mile round trip commute so I dont think I would take advantage of the QC anyway. I think I may like Bose speakers as I can make use of them each second I am diving the Leaf :)
My goal is $199/mo with $500 down but I think I am dreaming unless I settle for a Base S.

Thoughts?

Corina1231 said:
Rey, I respect the fact that you walked. It never hurts to do so. But, I have to tell you even with the $350 it is the best deal I've seen on the Forum this past year in GA. If he calls you back and splits the baby or you go in negotiate them down at all, or even go elsewhere and tell them what you have and see if they can beat it, you should get the deal done. The sooner the better, since you'll save on fuel cost and, more importantly, pick up that sweet GA tax credit.

It's a good deal, but there are better lease deals to be had in North Georgia out there. I got a total lease cost for the same exact model Leaf (S w/ QC, 12k miles per year, VPP) less then 2 months ago for $5362:
$1000 down payment plus 23 months at $179/month plus $395 dispo fee.

Kuduvas' total lease cost (23 payments at $259 plus $395 dispo) is $6352. (My deal was about a $1000 cheaper.)

I'd keep plugging away via email and offer a small down payment ($1000.00 goes a long way) if possible. Waiting until the end of the month, probably wouldn't hurt either.

Grind your best deal down further when they spring the "mandatory" $395 Dispo Fee on you in the Finance Manager's office. Just be prepared to get up and walk out of the dealership. They will call you back. (might be the next day or two). There are lots of dealerships in Metro Atlanta and there is a lot of Leaf inventory on their books.

I'm getting the following quote on a 2013 S with charge package in Washington.
Could you let me know if this is reasonable ?

S with charge package
lease 24 months
down payment $1000
monthly $140

cost over 2 years is $4220.

Wow, that is a great price!

What dealership are you working with?

I'm working on a 2-year lease for an SV with QC, zero down, $219 /month, no taxes, total cost $5,256...

Marty

A little off-topic, but not much. It looks like the Leaf is going to be a car that is easy to lease, but difficult to buy, at least for those of us who can't pay $400 a month. What do you think Nissan is going to do in two years when all these cars come off lease? They apparently can't lease used cars, and the selling price will probably still be unpalatable compared to lease payments. Anyone have any idea what Nissan's plan is? My opinion may change, but in the throes of First Love I'd be willing to buy my Leaf after the lease ends, or even re-lease it - IF I could afford to do it.

thoness said:
Wow, which dealership in Washington are you guys getting these deals from?
One thing is for sure, if you guys get these deals Washinton will displace Northern California for the least expensive Leaf deals (thanks to no tax). I hope it happens - anything to more EVs on the road!

Corina1231 said:
thoness said:
Wow, which dealership in Washington are you guys getting these deals from?
One thing is for sure, if you guys get these deals Washinton will displace Northern California for the least expensive Leaf deals (thanks to no tax). I hope it happens - anything to more EVs on the road!

I hope so too! I want to replace my wife's ice with a leaf. With all these price slashes i.e. volt, I'm glad I only leased that car. Hopefully(dreaming) Tesla follows the trend!

The best quote I got in the Portland (OR) area so far:

Model S, MSRP: $29,965
$1000 Down, $154/Mo. 24 month lease.

This is with VPP...

I think there are no/few options on the car, but it will be mostly for my commute. At ~35 miles round trip I think I can get away with just the 120V trickle charge. None of the options on the SV/SL really catch my fancy, though the upgraded headlights would be nice...

-m

Looks great, m; so you would be at $4,696 all in for that "S" lease? You might want to try to pin them down on any other fees (documentation, licensing) and get it in writing, but if that all looks good, I think you've got an excellent deal!

I'm in the same boat as you with my short 26 mile round trip commute; I'm going to try to use just trickle charging for the first bit, since I have it available at work as well.

Good luck!

Marty

morlglums said:
At ~35 miles round trip I think I can get away with just the 120V trickle charge.
With that much of a regular round trip, I would be afraid that I would quickly get into a "charging deficit" by only using a 120v charger. I would hate to be in a situation with less battery charge than I would feel comfortable seeing.

Here's a quick shot of my Carwings showing how long it would take on a 120v to get it up to full charge based on my current battery level. I've driven less than 35 miles since the last full charge and it would take seven hours to get back to full. Maybe you are more comfortable with that than I am, but that would make me nervous.

Q2uWa0O.png

OMG....
Yesterday, I contacted 12 dealership near my place here in SoCal via email.

The best quotes I got so far are as follows:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 NISSAN LEAF SV Pearl white with gray interior. LED/ Quick Charge package.
1000 out of pocket
24mth lease with 12k miles per year. Payment is 296.33 including taxes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I worked up an aggressive quote for you on the Leaf SV with QC on a 24 month lease and 12,000 miles with only $1000 down.

The total price would be $265 + tax.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you guys get such a great deal?

Back