2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petecomp1 said:
LeftieBiker said:
My SV came with the Bose sound system and the 360 view camera system. I didn't want either of those, but ended up getting them for free, because I was promised an SV with no other options for $150/month and they didn't actually have one. I was especially Irked about the sound system, because the subwoofer box takes up a significant amount of space in the cargo area, but after driving the car a few times I actually like the sound system for its other features - I appear to have XM satellite radio, at least for the moment, the sound is really great even with the bass at a reasonable level, and I can put 100 albums on a USB stick and have them available to play. It also raises the volume as speed increases, as much or as little as I decide. The camera system is also great. You have to get used to the odd perspective, but unlike the regular backup camera, which seems to be trying to get you to back right into whatever is behind you ("Don't worry - it's still a LONG way away!"), the multiple camera system gives you red, yellow and green reference/guide lines in the view to show you safe vs unsafe clearances.

I also like the silver color more every day, so while I don't think I should have been tortured by heat, waiting and cars with the wrong options for six hours total at the dealership, I finally think I got a good deal. $3000 down plus a $60 unexpected DMV fee (no VPP), $149 a month for 24 months with the first month paid in the down payment, and I *think* a $395 dispo fee that I'm sure I can get waived if I lease another one, or hit the lottery and buy this car off lease.

You got a great deal! Your story above could have been written by me, there are so many similarities! I also ended up with a 2013 SV, silver, Bose + camera, but had to pay for the package. Mine was $2500 down, no sales tax, $100 DMV fee, $295/mo for 24 months, $395 dispo fee - either I got totally ripped off, or you live in a state that has a big incentive.
I also had to endure a frustrating delay at the dealer (Robertson Nissan, Pasco WA) - but only an hour, not the six you had. The dealer put on a good show but I could tell their heart was not really in it. I don't think they make much on the Leaf - but it looks like they did on mine!
The subwoofer can easily be removed, 3 10mm screws and a small wiring connector (plug is tricky, be gentle). I also removed the rear seat headrests so I can fold them more easily. Happy Leafin'!

I'll look into removing and storing the subwoofer - thanks. It looks like you are paying more because you had to pay for the options. I had to pay $1500 in sales taxes. If I hadn't gotten emails with quotes for cars without options supposedly then on the lot from a sales manager, I would have had to pay for them too. Actually, I supposedly only got that deal because the main sales manager has family in my small town, and grew up here.

Was trying to lease a Nissan leaf SV with quick charge package and went back and forth with a dealer in folsom, CA. What I thought was a spectacular deal ended up for naught after he indicated he and his manager calculated the wrong residual.

Had to contact Ron (Corianna) like everyone else and he responded right away and was more than willing to help. He indicated he would call his buddy in San Jose and will get back to me in the morning. The time & effort this guy puts in to help out complete strangers is nothing short of heroic. As a matter of fact you can call him Robin Hood, The prince of Leases. He is helping out the poor (us poor souls who would have not gotten a great deal without him) by robbing the rich (Nissan).

This morning comes around and I wake up earlier than usual (excited that I would be getting a leaf through Ron),however, I would have to make the commute from Elk Grove to San Jose (120 + miles). Decided to call one or two dealer's myself to see if the deal he negotiated can be done. Found a great sales manager in Vacaville Nissan and he wanted $1,050 drive off, $216 month (taxes included). Ron probably could have done a little better but vacaville is much closer. Called Ron to give him the heads up and he assured me that should the deal fall through, he would still have his buddy in San Jose give me a spectacular deal.

Ended up getting Nissan Leaf SV + Quick charge with the numbers above with 12k miles per year. So it works out to be:

$1,050 + (216 x 23) = 6,018 + 395 disposition fee. Was talking to the leasing guy and he indicated the disposition fee is hardly ever charged at his dealership (not sure if this is true or not) but I don't regret the deal.

Thanks again to Ron for all his help and not sure how much money he has help members saved in this forum but would guess Nissan's pockets would be a lot fatter without him.

civic248 said:
Was trying to lease a Nissan leaf SV with quick charge package and went back and forth with a dealer in folsom, CA. What I thought was a spectacular deal ended up for naught after he indicated he and his manager calculated the wrong residual.

Had to contact Ron (Corianna) like everyone else and he responded right away and was more than willing to help. He indicated he would call his buddy in San Jose and will get back to me in the morning. The time & effort this guy puts in to help out complete strangers is nothing short of heroic. As a matter of fact you can call him Robin Hood, The prince of Leases. He is helping out the poor (us poor souls who would have not gotten a great deal without him) by robbing the rich (Nissan).

This morning comes around and I wake up earlier than usual (excited that I would be getting a leaf through Ron),however, I would have to make the commute from Elk Grove to San Jose (120 + miles). Decided to call one or two dealer's myself to see if the deal he negotiated can be done. Found a great sales manager in Vacaville Nissan and he wanted $1,050 drive off, $216 month (taxes included). Ron probably could have done a little better but vacaville is much closer. Called Ron to give him the heads up and he assured me that should the deal fall through, he would still have his buddy in San Jose give me a spectacular deal.

Ended up getting Nissan Leaf SV + Quick charge with the numbers above with 12k miles per year. So it works out to be:

$1,050 + (216 x 23) = 6,018 + 395 disposition fee. Was talking to the leasing guy and he indicated the disposition fee is hardly ever charged at his dealership (not sure if this is true or not) but I don't regret the deal.

Thanks again to Ron for all his help and not sure how much money he has help members saved in this forum but would guess Nissan's pockets would be a lot fatter without him.

Thanks for the kind words, Bang. I was happy to help you get that sweet deal set up on the SV with QC/ Led at $1000 down and $212 a month. I appreciate you calling me and giving me the heads up that a dealer close to you basically matched my deal before Jason, our salesman, went in early to get the car ready.

I would have done the same thing. You would have had 2 people drive 120 miles to San Jose for two hours, then drive two cars back 120 miles for two hours to El Grove, with the new Leaf having to stop in Concord to Quick charge on the way home, all to save $135! As I told you, I'm just happy you got the bottom line deal and our air is a little cleaner! Enjoy your Leaf!

Cheers!
Ron

JJLeaf said:
Was just offered SL with premium, 2000 down 260/month plus tax, plus dispo.
In SoCal.
As you may have seen posted, I was able to work a deal for a forum member a couple days ago here in San Jose for the SL with premium for $1500 down, $289 a month, $395 dispo fee at end of lease. Thiis was including taxes, fees, etc and might work out cheaper. I wish you were here up north so I could help you. Many SoCal forum members have expressed frustration that they have to pay so much more for Leaf leases than folks in NorCal. I hope that changes soon. It makes no sense. Best of Luck! Ron

Corina1231 said:
JJLeaf said:
In SoCal.
As you may have seen posted, I was able to work a deal for a forum member a couple days ago here in San Jose for the SL with premium for $1000 down, $270 a month, $395 dispo fee at end of lease. I wish you were here up north so I could help you save the $750 difference. Many SoCal forum members have expressed frustration that they have to pay so much more for Leaf leases than folks in NorCal. I hope that changes soon. It makes no sense. Best of Luck! Ron

Thanks so much for the offer to help! I will see if I can get them to match that here.

Was the tax 8.25% for that deal?

Hi,

I am looking to lease Leaf S with a Quick Charge package in San Jose, CA. My wife works for Apple and I think they get the VPP discount.

The two deals I got so far are the following:

1. 0 down and 23 payments of $261 Including Tax for 2 year lease. 0 Down payment and 35 payments of $287 including tax for 3 year lease. (But they don't have the color I like.

2. 3000 Drive off price. 23 payments of $129 plus tax for two years. or 35 payments of $195 plus tax for 3 years.

Do these look okay ? Can someone suggest if I can get a better deal.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Seshadri

Two things to keep in mind when considering a Leaf S model: it doesn't have the heatpump climate contol, so heat will use a lot more power, and it doesn't come with cruise control - and can't have it added, either. The whole steering wheel would have to be replaced, just for starters. It also has plain steel wheels with hubcaps. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I just wanted to make sure you understood the reasons for the lower prices.

JJLeaf said:
Corina1231 said:
JJLeaf said:
In SoCal.
As you may have seen posted, I was able to work a deal for a forum member a couple days ago here in San Jose for the SL with premium for $1000 down, $270 a month, $395 dispo fee at end of lease. I wish you were here up north so I could help you save the $750 difference. Many SoCal forum members have expressed frustration that they have to pay so much more for Leaf leases than folks in NorCal. I hope that changes soon. It makes no sense. Best of Luck! Ron

Thanks so much for the offer to help! I will see if I can get them to match that here.

Was the tax 8.25% for that deal?
Yes, 8.25%.

seshadri said:
Hi,

I am looking to lease Leaf S with a Quick Charge package in San Jose, CA. My wife works for Apple and I think they get the VPP discount.

The two deals I got so far are the following:

1. 0 down and 23 payments of $261 Including Tax for 2 year lease. 0 Down payment and 35 payments of $287 including tax for 3 year lease. (But they don't have the color I like.

2. 3000 Drive off price. 23 payments of $129 plus tax for two years. or 35 payments of $195 plus tax for 3 years.

Do these look okay ? Can someone suggest if I can get a better deal.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Seshadri

I got a similar car for $2500 drive-off, $201 for 3 years from the dealer in Petaluma. I had the car delivered to Mountain View for an additional fee. All in all, very close to your deal.

But I didn't have VPP. Contact Mark Brill @NorthBayNissan to see if they can beat your offer.

I don't think I mentioned the other reason I think I got a good deal on my SV. Most of them have the Quick Charge package with LED headlights, and I wasn't interested in that. Since most people do seem to want it, that makes the non-QC-equipped cars a bit less valuable. So if you are fine with normal 240 volt charging (or 120 volt charging, like me), look for those SVs with no QC - LED option, and focus your energies on getting a deal on one of them.

Speaking of headlights, has anyone else noticed that the High beams are weak? Not dangerously so, and at least they don't seem to attract moths like most high beams, but I'd expect to hear a lot of complaints about them (my Low beams are great) not being bright enough. It's not a huge issue for me.

Yes the high beams absolutely suck on the car, and are a huge contrast to the excellent LED low beams (if your car has them). Apparently it's due to the reflector design and putting in higher-power bulbs doesn't help much.

Ron does it again.

My first EV and it was not even on my radar a week ago...

Premier Nissan San Jose
2013 Leaf SV w/QC/LED, floor mats, Ocean Blue
24mo/12k (+3k see below)
1000 down incl all taxes, fees
215/mo for 23 more months
10/mo addl 3k miles/yr
No VPP

Everyone at Premier was good to work with. A special thanks to Ron for setting things up ahead of time, and meeting at the dealer to make sure there was no funny biz going on (great meeting you Ron! and you too Leon!). On a side note, as I was approaching the dealership, another Bay Area dealer contacted me with a deal for 24mo/12k 1000 down 205/mo WITH VPP (which I qualified for). Premier would not match it (even with me throwing in the VPP which was not a part of our pre-arranged deal). I probably could have played it a bit harder, but given the "family" nature of the deal I agreed to the original terms.

I am located in Sacramento which is around 130 miles from San Jose. I did a quick charge at Dirito Brothers Nissan about half way home in Concord. I must have goofed my mapquest entry because I thought Concord was closer to San Jose than it was. And, being my first EV - I was not driving very economically. I drove into Dirito Bros on fumes! It was also about 90 degrees out, and after the quick charge, the battery temp was high - but not in the red. It remained that way for the rest of the trip home. I thought I might have to top off before getting home, but made it to the driveway with margin. Thanks again for Ron for all the support during the drive to make sure I made it home successfully, and in time to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Thanks also to Corina for walking me through the Nav system. All in all - fun trip.

Filibuster said:
Ron does it again.

Premier Nissan San Jose
24mo/12k (+3k see below)
10/mo addl 3k miles/yr
No VPP

Everyone at Premier was good to work with. A special thanks to Ron for setting things up ahead of time, and meeting at the dealer to make sure there was no funny biz going on (great meeting you Ron! and you too Leon!). On a side note, as I was approaching the dealership, another Bay Area dealer contacted me with a deal for 24mo/12k 1000 down 205/mo WITH VPP (which I qualified for). Premier would not match it (even with me throwing in the VPP which was not a part of our pre-arranged deal). I probably could have played it a bit harder, but given the "family" nature of the deal I agreed to the original terms.

I am located in Sacramento which is around 130 miles from San Jose. I did a quick charge at Dirito Brothers Nissan about half way home in Concord. I must have goofed my mapquest entry because I thought Concord was closer to San Jose than it was. And, being my first EV - I was not driving very economically. I drove into Dirito Bros on fumes! It was also about 90 degrees out, and after the quick charge, the batter temp was high - but not in the red. It remained that way for the rest of the trip home. I thought I might have to top off before getting home, but made it to the driveway with margin. Thanks again for Ron for all the support during the drive to make sure I made it home successfully, and in time to celebrate my wedding anniversary. All in all - fun trip.

First, you need to update your vocabulary: 'Driving on fumes" is now "Driving on stray electrons" or some variant thereof. ;-) Did you switch to Eco mode and lower the temperature setting? You can also try running the A/C only when running downhill, to try to grab some of the regenerative power that gets lost as battery heat. Still, it can be hard to get good range, even in Eco, when it's hot, raining and humid, cold, etc....

Filibuster said:
Ron does it again.

Premier Nissan San Jose
24mo/12k (+3k see below)
10/mo addl 3k miles/yr
No VPP

I am located in Sacramento which is around 130 miles from San Jose. I did a quick charge at Dirito Brothers Nissan about half way home in Concord. I must have goofed my mapquest entry because I thought Concord was closer to San Jose than it was. And, being my first EV - I was not driving very economically. I drove into Dirito Bros on fumes! It was also about 90 degrees out, and after the quick charge, the batter temp was high - but not in the red. It remained that way for the rest of the trip home. I thought I might have to top off before getting home, but made it to the driveway with margin. Thanks again for Ron for all the support during the drive to make sure I made it home successfully, and in time to celebrate my wedding anniversary. All in all - fun trip.
Thanks for the kind words, John. I was happy to help you and Ali get the right car, for a great price in the beautiful Blue Ocean color you guys wanted. More importantly, it was fun to make new friends. Enjoy your Leaf!

Cheers!

Ron

First, you need to update your vocabulary: 'Driving on fumes" is now "Driving on stray electrons" or some variant thereof. ;-) Did you switch to Eco mode and lower the temperature setting? You can also try running the A/C only when running downhill, to try to grab some of the regenerative power that gets lost as battery heat. Still, it can be hard to get good range, even in Eco, when it's hot, raining and humid, cold, etc....

Thanks for the new vocabulary. Word! I was running in Eco mode, and had the A/C off. However, the first half of the trip I was trying to keep up with wife running around 75 MPH - whatever ECO did, I am sure the speed undid. The car did much better on the second leg, with cruise control on between 60 and 65.

Big Thanks To Ron again for helping me getting this good deal !!

I leased my Nissan Leaf SV with Quick Charge / LED package, Splash Guards, Floor mats and Cargo Cover (MSRP 34745) for $310 a month (including taxes) for 36 months with ZERO down payment from Premier Nissan in San Jose. Assuming I get the 2500 California rebate that comes out to about 310 - 2500/35 = $239 per month for 36 months.

Just one thing I wish I had known before: Honda has just announced a huge deal on Honda Fit EV - $259 lease for 36 months + taxes and fees with unlimited mileage and COLLISION COVERAGE. With taxes and fees the effective lease price (including the initial DMV fees / taxes ) probably comes to same (about 300 -310 per month). But, the collision coverage could have saved me $30 a month - which makes it worth considering. If I knew this before, I would have at least done a test drive to decide Honda FIT EV vs Leaf. Hope this information is useful to others.

Thanks,
Seshadri

seshadri said:
Big Thanks To Ron again for helping me getting this good deal !!

I leased my Nissan Leaf SV with Quick Charge / LED package, Splash Guards, Floor mats and Cargo Cover (MSRP 34745) for $310 a month (including taxes) for 36 months with ZERO down payment from Premier Nissan in San Jose. Assuming I get the 2500 California rebate that comes out to about 310 - 2500/35 = $239 per month for 36 months.

Just one thing I wish I had known before: Honda has just announced a huge deal on Honda Fit EV - $259 lease for 36 months + taxes and fees with unlimited mileage and COLLISION COVERAGE. With taxes and fees the effective lease price (including the initial DMV fees / taxes ) probably comes to same (about 300 -310 per month). But, the collision coverage could have saved me $30 a month - which makes it worth considering. If I knew this before, I would have at least done a test drive to decide Honda FIT EV vs Leaf. Hope this information is useful to others.

Thanks,
Seshadri
Glad I could help you get the great deal in that hot Red color. The CA rebate $ still had $4 million left in the fund as of March so your $2500 looks safe! Call and reserve your $ tomorrow, and it will arrive in about 6 weeks. Great meeting you and your wife!

Interesting news on the Fit, but there are reasons other than appearance why they only sold 68 in the US through April of this year, and were behind the projected sales of a whopping 1,100 for the year, while the Leaf and Volt sold 5,500 units each during the same time period.

New member here in SoCal just wanted to say for the first time ever that I am jelous of all you northern californian's! I've tried multiple dealers and cannot even come remotely close to what you guys are getting. The best I've gotten is from Danny @ Fontana Nissan (very nice guy, would recommend and use myself if I wasn't so stubborn/cheap) here on the boards at $264 with $1225 Drive off with a 220 charger included over 24 months. You guys having me going from stealer to stealer chasing a Unicorn.

I have a birthday party to attend in Santa Clara this weekend and since I'll be flying into San Jose will probably be stopping off just to see with my own eyes. I'm not sure how feasable it is to drive one down so I'm stuck waiting it out until inventory or whatever it is that is causing us to have inflated cost come down.

You guys give me hope though!

Back