2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi all! i put a deposit on a car that i will be leasing when it gets in in mid april. im holding out for a white one ;) . any way, the lease details are as follows... s model with the charger upgrade, 1999 down, and total monthly payment including taxes and everything is 239. its for 12,000 miles and 36 months. and im in california, if that matters. so i get the 2500$ mailed right back to me. also, the rebate on the charger equipment (sorry i dont have the official terms here) is back. its 30% of whatever you paid up to 1000$ for residential. oh yes and the pay off at the end is just a hair under 15,000. sorry if someone already gave these details as i only read through page 7.

evnow said:
tsowen said:
I use the spreadsheet on first page to calculate the VPP price. I am wondering how does this $71 come out for S model 24 month lease? I enter $25986 (invoice - $1000) + 850 at E3. The monthly payment comes out with $143.18, rather than $71.
Did you enter 1,995 down ?

I keep all the original numbers that come with the spreadsheet (where the monthly payment is $198.94.) I only change the price from $28800 to $25986. The total down at B8 is $1995. Thanks for your help.

tsowen said:
evnow said:
tsowen said:
I use the spreadsheet on first page to calculate the VPP price. I am wondering how does this $71 come out for S model 24 month lease? I enter $25986 (invoice - $1000) + 850 at E3. The monthly payment comes out with $143.18, rather than $71.

I keep all the original numbers that come with the spreadsheet (where the monthly payment is $198.94.) I only change the price from $28800 to $25986. The total down at B8 is $1995. Thanks for your help.

Did you factor in the $7500 credit? I assume that was on the original lease, so probably. The only other possibility is that VPP purchases get a better MF.

amarloestodo said:
hi all! i put a deposit on a car that i will be leasing when it gets in in mid april. im holding out for a white one ;) . any way, the lease details are as follows... s model with the charger upgrade, 1999 down, and total monthly payment including taxes and everything is 239. its for 12,000 miles and 36 months. and im in california, if that matters. so i get the 2500$ mailed right back to me. also, the rebate on the charger equipment (sorry i dont have the official terms here) is back. its 30% of whatever you paid up to 1000$ for residential. oh yes and the pay off at the end is just a hair under 15,000. sorry if someone already gave these details as i only read through page 7.

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your planned lease. If I got the white one, I sure would tint those windows. That's a hot look :cool: . Sounds pretty close to my CA deal, assuming you wanted, and were willing to pay for, the quick charger. I know how hard it is to "capture" an S model, at the advertised lease deal (at least in CA). So, congrats! California approved my rebate from start to finish in about two weeks. Still waiting on the check, tho.

You are going to love the car, and how CHEAP it is to drive (free in my case). If you are in one of the "rip off" utility areas be sure to look into time of use rates. It can be an additional source of savings for you, and its worth doing the math.

Did the CA charger rebate cover the electrician's bill for running the 220? Thx, Bob

tsowen said:
evnow said:
tsowen said:

E3 should be MSRP without destination
E5 should be the VPP price without destination

That said I come up with $93.11/mo

Sublime said:
tsowen said:

E3 should be MSRP without destination
E5 should be the VPP price without destination

That said I come up with $93.11/mo

I put $29650 at E3 and $25986 at E5. It does come out $71.43 monthly payment. My mistake was putting invoice - $1000 at E3 and didn't touch E5. I thought E5 was a derived velue (=E3-850). Thanks for pointing this out.

bobsfreeleaf said:
amarloestodo said:

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your planned lease. If I got the white one, I sure would tint those windows. That's a hot look :cool: . Sounds pretty close to my CA deal, assuming you wanted, and were willing to pay for, the quick charger. I know how hard it is to "capture" an S model, at the advertised lease deal (at least in CA). So, congrats! California approved my rebate from start to finish in about two weeks. Still waiting on the check, tho.

You are going to love the car, and how CHEAP it is to drive (free in my case). If you are in one of the "rip off" utility areas be sure to look into time of use rates. It can be an additional source of savings for you, and its worth doing the math.

Did the CA charger rebate cover the electrician's bill for running the 220? Thx, Bob
hi bob! the bill was only 100$ because i have a friend who is an electrician. hes just putting in the 240 and im getting a evse that plugs into the wall so i can take it around with me if needed. anyways, we expect to see 300 back next year so yes, it will cover the install. :D

Nissan of McKinney, TX is offering this deal on an SV to a friend of mine:

- SV, Cameras all round, GPS, 6.6kW package, QC port, no leather

- $2k down
- $200/month
- 24 months
- 12k miles /year
- T&T all inclusive. nothing to pay extra.

Does this sound reasonable ?

mkjayakumar said:

- $2k down
- $200/month
- 24 months
- 12k miles /year

It sounds like a great deal, but if I were your friend, I would pay more a month and put zero down.

Because Nissan has dropped the price of the LEAF by $6,000 I was wondering if those of us that leased the 2011s made in Oppama would see a corresponding drop in the buy out price of the lease. I figured that if they didn't there would not be many of us that would buy them at the end of the lease when for a bit more you could lease a new one for much less per month and buy a new one for a few grand more. The answer I got was that there will be no renegotiation of the buy out price so I guess they will have a lot of three plus year old LEAFs on their hands and if they intend to sell them as a used vehicle, at that time they will have to recognize the market forces at that time.

- $2k down
- $200/month
- 24 months
- 12k miles /year

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That deal is comparable to some of the advertised deals I see out there on 2013 Leaf leases. II believe it's a good starting point but he is paying too much for the lease over the 2 year period.

He picked it up yesterday. They wanted to throw in a $350 disposition fee, but when he was about to walk away, they backed off. In the end $2K down with $200 per month is a great deal and my friend was very pleased and he couldn't believe how the dealers or Nissan are making any money on Leafs.

Given that he will be saving close to $150K on gas, he is practically driving this car for $100 a month.

mkjayakumar said:
He picked it up yesterday. They wanted to throw in a $350 disposition fee, but when he was about to walk away, they backed off. In the end $2K down with $200 per month is a great deal and my friend was very pleased and he couldn't believe how the dealers or Nissan are making any money on Leafs.

Given that he will be saving close to $150K on gas, he is practically driving this car for $100 a month.

Awesome deal and congrats.

Ian B

-------------------------------------------------------------

Good for him! I love the fact that he told them to "bite" it on the $395 drop off fee Nissan puts in all their lease contracts. What irks me is they never tell you about it until your in the finance office going over the fine print. I told them I wouldn't pay it also and instead of dropping it they lowered my monthly lease payment $11 a month on my 36 month lease to compensate for the difference.

I ended up leasing my 2012 Leaf SL last October with leather added for $275 down (after my $2500 California rebate) and $225 a month for 36 months, plus the $395 drop off fee at the end of the lease. My total outlay is $8770 for the 3 year lease. My goal is to get a 2013 Leaf SL (which now has leather standard) for the same deal. It's ambitious, but time is on my side because I don't need the car until late June when my daughter gets her license.

The on board computer indicates that I get 3.8 miles per kw. I pay .15 per kw. to my electric company. Driving 12k miles a year per my lease agreement, I will use 3158 kw @ .15 kw. for a total of $475 in electricity to run the car per year. I used to get 16 mpg for the car I was driving before - it took 750 gallons at 4.00 a gallon here in CA to go 12k miles at a cost of $3000 a year. I save over $2500 a year in fuel costs, which over 3 years returns over $7500 back to me from my $8770 outlay. Not bad, especially when you consider we get to fly by traffic in the carpool lane twice a day! I love this car!

Your friend is going to love his car, too! So when do you get yours????????

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 SV but wanted to get a sanity check on this deal. I just don't have the time to read through all 16 pages on this thread, so I apologize if this is somewhat redundant.

24 months, 15k miles/year
$229/month
2k down plus 1st payment and TTL.
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

I think you should get your monthly payment down to $200 with the same down payment. Here in TX dealers do not charge T&T, not sure how it works in your state. And T&T is no small change.

But I do see that you annual mileage is 15K miles, whereas typical leases are 12K miles.

Corina1231 said:
My goal is to get a 2013 Leaf SL (which now has leather standard) for the same deal. It's ambitious, but time is on my side because I don't need the car until late June when my daughter gets her license.
Unless you mean June 2015 you aren't going to get anywhere near that same deal. They were blowing out 2012 models to make room for the 2013's. They wanted ZERO 2012 inventory for a month before the 2013 arrived. (Ended up being several months in most cases because the 2013 are just now getting to dealers)

mkjayakumar said:
Here in TX dealers do not charge T&T, not sure how it works in your state. And T&T is no small change.
Are you sure about that? In Texas, I thought the tax amount was charged for the -entire- sales price and then broken up into the number of lease payments. Which is why Texas leases tend to be higher than other states.

LeafinThePark said:
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 SV but wanted to get a sanity check on this deal. I just don't have the time to read through all 16 pages on this thread, so I apologize if this is somewhat redundant.

24 months, 15k miles/year
$229/month
2k down plus 1st payment and TTL.
VPP Program

I'm in Minneapolis

thoughts?

What would your payment be with no money down? Then I can tell you if you have a good deal.

Back