2012 SL vs. 2011 SL with Cold Weather Package

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefortunes

I can get a 2011 orphan SL with qc and cwp for under $34,000 (including destination, etc...) which is significantly less than what I am being quoted for a 2012 SL.

I have 2 questions for this group:

- Since the orphan has the cwp and qc, would I be missing anything the 2012 has?

- Anyone see a better deal out there (I know Puente Hills has advertised $2500 off MSRP, but they haven't responded to my inquiry yet)?

Thanks.

thefortunes said:
...- Since the orphan has the cwp and qc, am I missing anything the 2012 has (the only thing I can find is the rear seat ducts)? ...
The battery heater...which doesn't matter unless you're going to find yourself in sub-zero F conditions.

thefortunes said:
I can get a 2011 orphan SL with qc and cwp for under $34,000 (including destination, etc...) which is significantly less than what I am being quoted for a 2012 SL..
I have one question where are you getting that kind of deal?

davewill said:
The battery heater...which doesn't matter unless you're going to find yourself in sub-zero F conditions.

Thanks for the quick response.

Per this http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; thread, it appears that the 2011 cwp has the battery heater (and the rear heating ducts). Which is correct?

EdmondLeaf said:
thefortunes said:
I can get a 2011 orphan SL with qc and cwp for under $34,000 (including destination, etc...) which is significantly less than what I am being quoted for a 2012 SL..
I have one question where are you getting that kind of deal?

As you can understand, I would prefer not to disclose this (unless I decide not to go forward - then I will be happy to). However, I have seen at least one other dealer (Puente Hills) advertising $2500 off MSRP on 2011 orphans.

thefortunes said:
davewill said:

Thanks for the quick response.

Per this http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; thread, it appears that the 2011 cwp has the battery heater (and the rear heating ducts). Which is correct?
Apparently, my mistake.

thefortunes said:
I can get a 2011 orphan SL with qc and cwp for under $34,000 (including destination, etc...) which is significantly less than what I am being quoted for a 2012 SL.

I have 2 questions for this group:

- Since the orphan has the cwp and qc, would I be missing anything the 2012 has?

- Anyone see a better deal out there (I know Puente Hills has advertised $2500 off MSRP, but they haven't responded to my inquiry yet)?

Thanks.
The 2011 with cwp and qc is a better deal. Grab it while you still can! Technically a 2011 model, being "older" would have lower resale value than a newer 2012, but with the LEAF that sort of conventional thinking doesn't really apply. And if you lease it or plan to buy and keep it for a long time, resale value is irrelevant.

The cold weather package on the 2011 is the same as what we are getting on the 2012 models. About the only difference I am aware of between the cars is that the 2011 model has the switch to turn off the low speed noisemaker and the 2012 doesn't. So, "plus one" for the 2011.

If the 2011 SL has the CWP and QC, it is virtually identical to a 2012 SL and you should go for it! Both would have the battery heater.

thefortunes said:

I agree with Plugsin, I have a 2012 SL due in next month, but I'd jump at the 2011 model you've described just for the convenience of turning off that VSP!!!! ;)

it's exactly what I did when I understood I was about to buy the SL 2012 I ordered for almost 3K more than the SL 2011 for nothing more I would need ... plenty of SL 2011 orphans to choose from in LA (or around) ... saved a lot of money and got all the bells and whistles I wanted ...

Back