2011 Leaf sl Lease Return/Buy, California

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electriclarry

I have about twp weeks left on my NMAC lease. I really want to keep to the car, but two out three price guides show the my purchase price as 'out of the money.' Not by much, none of these services deduct for it not having an L3 change port. With exception of the short range (everyone) I really like the Leaf.

The car has less than 1400 miles, I DO NOT DRIVE MUCH!! I have 12 bars, the car only had only one non scheduled dealer visit under warranty for a rattle that the dealer fixed. The car was inspected with the exception of two non chargeable minor dings is in perfect condition.

Legal: If I buy the car at the end of the lease is it considered a used car sale? or transfer of legal ownership? Should I expect to pay any other costs than the stated price in the contract plus California sales tax+ NMAC purchase fee?

Any other suggestions with this topic?

Thanks

electriclarry said:
I have about twp weeks left on my NMAC lease. I really want to keep to the car, but two out three price guides show the my purchase price as 'out of the money.' Not by much, none of these services deduct for it not having an L3 change port. With exception of the short range (everyone) I really like the Leaf.

The car has less than 1400 miles, I DO NOT DRIVE MUCH!! I have 12 bars, the car only had only one non scheduled dealer visit under warranty for a rattle that the dealer fixed. The car was inspected with the exception of two non chargeable minor dings is in perfect condition.

Legal: If I buy the car at the end of the lease is it considered a used car sale? or transfer of legal ownership? Should I expect to pay any other costs than the stated price in the contract plus California sales tax+ NMAC purchase fee?

Any other suggestions with this topic?

Thanks
Did you really mean 1400 miles? If that is correct, you must be doin a lot of walking or biking.

Hi Linkim, wish I could offer advice but I will be contemplating the same thing next year when my 2-year lease on a 2013 SV is up... There's something nice about knowing the whole history of your car and how well you've cared for it, so I think it might make sense to slightly overpay. I will try to negotiate with NMAC but don't know if that will be successful!

One thing in your favor is that your residual is based on a car with 36,000 miles (for a three year lease)... And your car only has 1,400 miles so that should be factored in too. Whereas if you turn the car in, you don't get any "extra credit" for not using up the miles.

I think my lease buyout will be around $18k for a two year old SV with QC in summer 2015. What kind of number are you looking at?

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Back