$11,000 Total Savings on all Leafs in stock - Fontana Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy said:
The price of the SL model from Fontana will be $32,720, then there is an $820 destination charge for a total of $33,540. If you order any of the as-of-yet unpriced factory options (hologram kickplates, eco package, etc.), those will add in here. Then the grand total will have your sales tax (about $3,000) for a total of about $36,540 without the options discussed above. Then there is a doc. fee, the license registration fee, and the $99 credit for your reservation. I think you're looking at between $37K and $38K out the door... Any other fees I've forgotten?

This is why it takes tax credits and rebates to make sense of the deal. I am counting on the combined $12,500 Fed/CA credits to make it work for me.

JPC2822 said:
WILL THOSE OF US WHO GET THE LEAF AFTER December 31st still get the tax rebate for 2010?

No. You can get tax credit in the year you buy this.

Ofcourse, if you lease, you get the benefit immidiately, since the capitalized cost of lease includes this credit. Or you can reduce your monthly tax payments since you know you will get 7,500 back in 2012 April.

Randy said:
The price of the SL model from Fontana will be $32,720, then there is an $820 destination charge for a total of $33,540. If you order any of the as-of-yet unpriced factory options (hologram kickplates, eco package, etc.), those will add in here. Then the grand total will have your sales tax (about $3,000) for a total of about $36,540 without the options discussed above. Then there is a doc. fee, the license registration fee, and the $99 credit for your reservation. I think you're looking at between $37K and $38K out the door... Any other fees I've forgotten?

I know you just talked about buying, but with leasing, at least you get the $7500 off whereas buyers will have to wait for it and some won't be able to get it all back.

JPC2822 said:
WILL THOSE OF US WHO GET THE LEAF AFTER December 31st still get the tax rebate for 2010?

Remember, the $7500 is a fed tax credit, not a rebate. Some people will not be able to get the full $7500 credit even if they buy this year. It just depends on how much tax you owe (line 60 on the 1040 form).

smkettner said:
Randy said:

This is why it takes tax credits and rebates to make sense of the deal. I am counting on the combined $12,500 Fed/CA credits to make it work for me.

Remember, just like solar rebates you will most likely get a tax form at the end of the year and will be required to pay taxes on the $5000 CA rebate, this will reduce this rebate quite a bit for some folks.

Not sure if you meant California tax or Federal tax would be due on the $5K rebate, but that's news to me. Do you have a link that outlines it? My logic would be that I already paid income tax (and sales tax) on the $5K to begin with, and it is a "rebate", so why would I have to pay fed or state tax on it a second time? I know, sometimes government logic isn't what we think it should be....

Thanks, Randy

EVDRIVER said:
Remember, just like solar rebates you will most likely get a tax form at the end of the year and will be required to pay taxes on the $5000 CA rebate, this will reduce this rebate quite a bit for some folks.
Randy said:
Not sure if you meant California tax or Federal tax would be due on the $5K rebate, but that's news to me. Do you have a link that outlines it? My logic would be that I already paid income tax (and sales tax) on the $5K to begin with, and it is a "rebate", so why would I have to pay fed or state tax on it a second time? I know, sometimes government logic isn't what we think it should be....

Thanks, Randy
NOT taxable as income on either Federal or State level. No year-end forms from California.

FontanaNissan said:
I am currently working with my general manager regarding the details of flatbedding the vehicle door-to-door for customers who resides at least 95 - 100 miles away from our dealership. I should have an answer by tomorrow if not Tuesday at the latest.
Just wanted clarification here. Is the 200 mile free delivery offer available as long as the destination location is simply less than 200 miles from the Fontana Nissan dealership or is it only available if the destination location is more than 100 miles (the Leafs range) and less than 200 miles from the dealership? In other words, if a customer is located less than 100 miles from Fontana Nissan, is it your expectation that they would take delivery at the dealership?

Edgar sent a letter but no mention of the blanket $1,000 off MSRP
The banner advertisement has also deleted the $1,000 off MSRP

Has something changed?

Connell is somewhat closer.

LEAFer said:
EVDRIVER said:
Randy said:

Thanks, Randy
NOT taxable as income on either Federal or State level. No year-end forms from California.

Can you direct us to where it states the CA rebate is non-taxable for FED taxes

Thanks.

EVDRIVER said:
LEAFer said:
Can you direct us to where it states the CA rebate is non-taxable for FED taxes

Thanks.
I had it stated to me verbally from a trusted source, but I will start looking for a citable reference or link. May take a day or two for me to post it.

indyflick said:
FontanaNissan said:
I am currently working with my general manager regarding the details of flatbedding the vehicle door-to-door for customers who resides at least 95 - 100 miles away from our dealership. I should have an answer by tomorrow if not Tuesday at the latest.
Just wanted clarification here. Is the 200 mile free delivery offer available as long as the destination location is simply less than 200 miles from the Fontana Nissan dealership or is it only available if the destination location is more than 100 miles (the Leafs range) and less than 200 miles from the dealership? In other words, if a customer is located less than 100 miles from Fontana Nissan, is it your expectation that they would take delivery at the dealership?

You may choose to drive it home or deliver it to your door if your under 200 miles...

JPC2822 said:
Danny of Fontana Nissan-

You guys backing out on us on Fontana Nissan's LEAF $1,000 OFF MSRP??????????????????????????????

Nothing has changed and we're still offering preferred pricing for all forum members plus free delivery up to 200 miles. :D

Call me directly if you have any questions at 909-574-2290.

FontanaNissan said:
You may choose to drive it home or deliver it to your door if your under 200 miles...
What if "my door" is more than 200 miles; will you deliver 200 miles (e.g. Bakersfield) and I'll meet you there to drive home the rest of the way ?

LEAFer said:
FontanaNissan said:
What if "my door" is more than 200 miles; will you deliver 200 miles (e.g. Bakersfield) and I'll meet you there to drive home the rest of the way ?

You may pay for the difference to have it delivered to your door or we can always work something else out for you. Call me directly at 909-574-2290.

Back