1 year service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told by the salesman where I bought the car..He said they needed to check the battery at 7500 miles,he did not indicate that they were going to charge me for it,or over charge me for a wash and tire rotation..

I told him I did not want the brake fluid changed, but if a filter needs to be changed,then change it..

What about lubing the chassis ?

The day I bought the Leaf I thought I was all done with going in for services..I feel like Nissan is taking advantage to some of us,based on my first battery check $$$...

Nissan reminds me of Oreck vacuums..We paid a $1000 for the vacuum and a 20 year warranty,one free check up per year..I did not read the Oreck fine print,warranty only covers labor not parts :lol:
I bring the vacuum in for its free check up and they want to replace all the brushes and anything that has a scratch on it :shock: I no longer bring it in for its free check ups...I love the Oreck but Costco sells them for a lot less money..

My Leaf will be ready for it's one year service in a few weeks. Are you ready for the understatement of the year it's a VERY low miles car about 600 miles. I DO NOT want the HEPA filter changed, maybe the brake fluid should be tested and then changed if needed ( fat chance!). The car does need to come for a battery check and recall work.

Should I be charged anymore than one hours labor? for rotation, inspections???

Any dealer around here +-20 from San Francisco not going try to make their monthly boat payment from me?

electriclarry said:
My Leaf will be ready for it's one year service in a few weeks. Are you ready for the understatement of the year it's a VERY low miles car about 600 miles. I DO NOT want the HEPA filter changed, maybe the brake fluid should be tested and then changed if needed ( fat chance!). The car does need to come for a battery check and recall work.

Should I be charged anymore than one hours labor? for rotation, inspections???

Any dealer around here +-20 from San Francisco not going try to make their monthly boat payment from me?

I had my annual battery check at Sunnyvale Nissan on my LEAF with about 5400 miles. Received the battery checkup, multipoint inspection and carwash for free. No pressure to have tire rotation, filter change or anything else which would cost me $.

mark13 said:
I was told by the salesman where I bought the car..He said they needed to check the battery at 7500 miles,he did not indicate that they were going to charge me for it,or over charge me for a wash and tire rotation.. Nope, only needed annually irrespective of mileage.

I told him I did not want the brake fluid changed, but if a filter needs to be changed,then change it.. The only filter is the cabin air filter and once a year is more than plenty. Once every two years is plenty often for brake fluid, and you can have it done elsewhere for far less.

What about lubing the chassis ? It's permanently lubricated.

I feel like Nissan is taking advantage to some of us,based on my first battery check $$$... The first two battery checks are free.

I just had my 1 year checkup, the dealer charged $21.00 for the tire rotation, that was the only charge. The battery had 5 out of 5 stars, I was a little surprised that they did not wash the car but they did charge it.

trentr said:
if you can bring it to Premier Nissan in San Jose the charge for battery check, tire rotation, etc including car wash is $0.

I also took my LEAF for it's first annual service at Premier Nissan in San Jose with the odometer reading 15.7k.

The Battery check came back with 5 stars.

The service manager said the filter only needed changing if I suffered from Hay Fever. Since I didn't, and also because he quoted an $85 price tag, I did not have the filter changed. I may do it myself (thanks again to MNL for the information).

They also upgraded the software for that safety recall that came out in January or February, and charged $25 for the tire rotation. They also washed the car. It took a tad under 1 hour and 45 minutes.

I was generally satisfied, but wondered why I didn't get the free deal?

My 1 year service + recall software update at 11K miles plus tire rotation and wash at Tustin Nissan was free. They did not try to sell me anything. I highly recommend them.

when i went into the dealer in Olympia, it was REAL obvious to me that the service would have no misunderstandings whatsoever.

first the guy simply asked me other than the battery check if i wanted anything else done. i asked him questions he could not answer about the brake fluid, so the Nissan tech came out. advised that although the brake system is sealed as best as it can be, the fluid does attract moisture and we do live in a very high humidity area (average humidity for our area on a winter morning is about 95%...probably accounts for the thick morning fog that covers the Puget Sound nearly every morning)

so i decided that i would get the fluid replaced every two years and went ahead and had them do that. so that was $78 (was on sale...or so they said)

now, the tire rotations i do myself every 5,000 miles per Brother's recommendation (he was tire store manager and i dont think he was pitching a sales tactic to me since he probably lost money on every set of tires i bought from him, so guessing he wanted me in as little as possible)

but the whole dealership experience was very very low pressure so have to guess that they were instructed by Nissan Corporate to handle us that way or had already had an incident with a previous Leaf service visit.

The filter cost $85.00 :shock: I was going to go ahead and let them change it,but @ $85 want to look at it first..Is that filter inside the car or under the hood ?

Just celebrated my Leaf's one year of delivery, 11.5K miles, battery report is perfect, got new software, seems like brakes became less grabby at very low speeds and I feel the change in GuessOmeter, but now I need to relearn how to estimate how far can I go on low charge... It used to be that 3 lower bars were safely getting me at least 15 miles on a highway without getting to VLB, now I'm not sure...

Anyway, I looked around and don't see coherent way to check where I'm at compared to other leaf owners,
So I put up simple surveymonkey, Let's get some data after 1 year of ownership, I can share results in few days, so if you feel like sharing and spending couple minutes, give it a shot!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8QBVYGD

UkrainianKozak said:
Just celebrated my Leaf's one year of delivery, 11.5K miles, battery report is perfect, got new software, seems like brakes became less grabby at very low speeds and I feel the change in GuessOmeter, but now I need to relearn how to estimate how far can I go on low charge... It used to be that 3 lower bars were safely getting me at least 15 miles on a highway without getting to VLB, now I'm not sure...

Anyway, I looked around and don't see coherent way to check where I'm at compared to other leaf owners,
So I put up simple surveymonkey, Let's get some data after 1 year of ownership, I can share results in few days, so if you feel like sharing and spending couple minutes, give it a shot!

I took your survey. Please share the results.

oakwcj said:
UkrainianKozak said:

+1 Just took your survey

Wow, so far only 8 participants, but one very interesting result, someone had bellow 11 bars on the battery report and did not feel that the decrease is below expectations...
Or someone did not get the question right...
"How many bars are in your battery status on your 1 year battery report?" really means the bars on the BATTERY REPORT, not bars on GOM at the time of service ;)

I was planning to share the link with the results, but unfortunately now surveymonkey charges for a full year for "advanced" features like this, and I'm not ready to hand them $200+ for a single survey... So, in couple of days I'll just update the post or create a new topic and just paste the data there. So, keep playing!

oakwcj said:
UkrainianKozak said:

UkrainianKozak said:
Wow, so far only 8 participants

You might try changing the thread title. There is no indication that a survey is contained within the thread and many of us don't have the time to read all of the threads.

BTW, I did happen to open the thread and I'm probably participant #9 for the survey.

Boomer23 said:
UkrainianKozak said:
Wow, so far only 8 participants

You might try changing the thread title. There is no indication that a survey is contained within the thread and many of us don't have the time to read all of the threads.

BTW, I did happen to open the thread and I'm probably participant #9 for the survey.

Makes sense, Here, created a new one:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8831

#10 since I manually charge to a level based on my expected amount of driving I never do 80% so I just put zeros on those responses.

Al in Al a very good survey. Because of my apparently unusual charging habits I rarely feel that surveys I take accurately portray my situation

Just had my one year service done at Sunnyvale Nissan. The experience was great. They knew I needed the firmware update, gave me a new manual without my asking and even offered to rotate the tires for free! There was no pressure to replace the brake fluid. I had them reprogram the door locks so they would unlock when I put the car in park. It turns out that makes it so they don't automatically unlock as they used to when the car is turned off. I had thought I could have them unlock both ways. I went back the next day to have them reprogram the locks to work the way they originally did. They did so with good cheer. Total cost $0! Oh, and my battery report after 10k miles of 80% charges with just a few 100% charges was all 5 stars.

Back