Which Dealerships have public charging active now?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVNation

I would like to get the info into the EVChargerMaps database of locations. I have started adding dealerships that have reported chargers active.
I did look at the in car map, but that interface is not the friendliest.

Can you who are visiting your local dealerships help update this list?

These I have personal or have seen news reports of (I assume many of the others are now active also):

Lithia Nissan of Fresno
Nissan of Visalia
Crown Motors Nissan Redding
Chico Nissan
Santa Monica Nissan
Universal City Nissan

I am also told these Toyota dealerships:

Toyota of Santa Monica
Toyota of Hollywood

How about Chevy?

Connell in Costa Mesa has 3 L2 stations on the front of the dealer showroom that are fully available to the public (and I believe they have two or three more in the service bays just for in-house use). Be sure to call ahead though....they are courtesy charging Volt's from the Chevy dealership next door (same ownership), so they can be crowded at times. The funny thing about that is the Chevy dealership manager balked about putting L2s in, saying he wouldn't need to charge them on anything other than L1. :lol:

Anyway, I digress.

Connell is also investing $60k in an AV branded L3 Quick Charger. It is expected to be online within the next month, IIRC. I don't remember them saying what it's availability to the public would be, but I can check if you'd like.

Fontana Nissan has two L2s in the front, as does Quality Nissan in Temecula (from our 111 mile drive home)...

I know that Leon at Mossy Nissan in San Diego on Clairemont Mesa Blvd has two L2s out front as well...How about other Mossy dealerships around town?

Please note if the dealer's "public" EVSE's are only limited to times when they are open (car lot not chained or locked closed).

24/7 availability (and not shut OFF) would be great to double-check. They might turn OFF the circuit that powers the EVSEs when they are closed.

Randy said:
I know that Leon at Mossy Nissan in San Diego on Clairemont Mesa Blvd has two L2s out front as well...How about other Mossy dealerships around town?

Technically, they're in "back" in the customer parking row. I have pictures somewhere..

They're not accessible 24/7, only business hours.

I have seen 2 charging stations at Sunnyvale Nissan out it the front lot, Probably only available during business hours.

Also, saw 1 dock out in front of Boardwalk Nissan, w/Leaf sucking up electrons parked there. This one also probably only available during business hours.

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
Campbell-Nelson Nissan
Edmonds, Wa
(4) LVII's
Is it 24/7 or only when the dealership is open ?
2 are (24/7) available and a third (1) during business hours: 7:30am to 6pm Mon-Fri, Saturday 8am til 4pm, Sundays: 11am to 6pm.
Forth only for Service Dept located within the shop for the Technician.

Santa Cruz Dodge Nissan has 3 level II charger installed and ready in a publicly accessible area. Santa Cruz, California.

Thanks guys,

This is great. I am getting good GPS locations on all of those sites. Keep them coming.

Anyone from the OC want to chime in with sightings? Or other states? I would like confirmed active and publicly available. Not just certified dealers.

I have updated my local database for iPhone app and have submitted to EVChargerMaps for integration. RanchLeaf, if you are listening and want to collaborate on data for these, let me know.

Driving around, I realize how at least at first, it will be helpful for us to get on top of it. My Leaf so far only shows the places I have charged from what I can tell. I shows the dealer, and now Santa Monica Civic center. But perhaps I need to request an update of locations again.

Nissan of Elk Grove: Has an L2 AV quad-station in the front parking lot. Only one of four is currently powered-up, but word is they just have to flip the breaker for the other three (when demand is there). In addition there are some non-public L2s for the service area (I forgot to ask for quantity). The front lot quad-station is to be 24/7, their lot apparently does not get roped off at night ( I am paranoid enough that I should check one of these days late at night).

On google maps where the green arrow points to the base of the light pole: 38.402418,-121.38596 or: direct link

Hey all,

Can you start adding in these Nissan dealer sites so we can start capturing them at our site: http://electric.carstations.com? I know we'll all have these on the dash, but other info like pictures and useful information like "in the back" won't be available there in addition to other stations not available in the leaf software. I just made a post on my other thread about the new map searching feature on the main page you can check that out too. Thanks to all who are adding and updating sites already!

we'll be adding every "authorized" leaf dealer in CA on the site by next week and continuing with other states so if you add a dealer that is not a problem and we'll check for it. Also please add photos! We also have other sites going in too.

When/if you add a site and want to add pictures I suggest a shot from the street as well, so everyone can get an idea of where they are at. Also as mentioned, some of that great info like "kind of in the back of the dealership" or a contact name at the dealer should be added too as it's invaluable. We can quickly get these approved once you submit.

Thanks.

David

Hey David et al,

In the spirit of helping us all out :) I put up a public google doc with the info. I will update it with stuff here and will also give anyone who wants edit access.

I didn't include Lat/Lon for now though I have it for all posted so can send that to you if you want.

List of Dealers with public J1772 charging

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtpjYvmqsCJcdFVvVEZQZVh4bEVwbG90Y0JobE8ySlE&hl=en

I will do the extra lifting of getting address and phone number, but if you have it, also post it to save me time...

Thanks.

[ED: I went ahead and added in my Lat/Long data] for those who care.

I added Elk Grove directly at the ECS site with a photo. The tel# I supplied is Sales; not sure where the one in the google docs comes from.

LEAFer said:
I added Elk Grove directly at the ECS site with a photo. The tel# I supplied is Sales; not sure where the one in the google docs comes from.

I generally used "Service" on the theory that they know and have access to the chargers. But not sure that is right in all cases. I figure sales guys don't care or want to deal with you post sale... If not available, I used the general line.

But any dealers that know what number would be better, chime in.

You're right ... service sounds good too. Although they will typically have separate (non-public?) stations in their area ... and I'm not sure if they get sensitive about that. Naturally, they SHOULD point you to the ones up front that are publicly available, but you never know. Also, I figured Sales is open Sundays and later in the evenings than Service.

Back