Which Dealerships have public charging active now?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have posted in another thread that Downtown Los Angeles Nissan at Washington Blvd. and Figueroa St. has 2 charging stations (AV) along the fence that borders their small front parking lot. This lot seems to be open all day and is where one would park if they were visiting the dealership. There are chains that look like they go across the 2 driveways into the lot, probably closing it after hours. They have the 2 stations straddling 2 parking spaces each so the E hose could reach either of the 2 cars parked by a particular station. This dealership is very close to Staples Center and USC.
I will try to go by there this week to ask them if they chain that lot closed at night.

Kataphn said:
I have posted in another thread that Downtown Los Angeles Nissan at Washington Blvd. and Figueroa St. has 2 charging stations (AV) along the fence that borders their small front parking lot. This lot seems to be open all day and is where one would park if they were visiting the dealership. There are chains that look like they go across the 2 driveways into the lot, probably closing it after hours. They have the 2 stations straddling 2 parking spaces each so the E hose could reach either of the 2 cars parked by a particular station. This dealership is very close to Staples Center and USC.
I will try to go by there this week to ask them if they chain that lot closed at night.

AS with many dealers, even if they don't sometimes customers drop cars for service and can block you in. This has been discovered at a few dealers already.

Team Nissan, 1801 Auto Center Drive, Oxnard, CA 93036 (10mi south of Ventura on 101 fwy) has two AV LII chargers on a double pedestal in the customer parking area right in front of the showroom. They are not yet active (no power). Not anticipating their first delivery till March. Also 2 in service area.

George Gee Nissan in Pasco, WA is supposed to have four chargers (according to a salesman), but I haven't confirmed it myself - hopefully will have a reason to go there soon (another "week of January 21")...

At least three of the four San Antonio Nissan dealers have L2 installed. I haven't been to World Car so can't confirm.

Ingram Park Nissan (IPAQ) has a double L2 unit up front and a single L2 in the service drive. Their lot is not gated over night (I visited at midnight...)

Ancira and Gunn have L2 units installed and I could see the lights on the EVSE, but both are gated after business hours.

Please, please everyone start putting this great information on the mapping sites. Obviously we'd like you to do it on ours at http://electric.carstations.com, but any/all of them are fine. I just don't want to see this info go to waste. At carstations we have all northern ca nissan leaf dealers up and so california dealers should be in by tomorrow so you can add photos and this great descriptive information. You can easily add your own station if it's not in yet.

Let's start capturing this great information for everyone! Only a few people are ever going to see this thread vs everyone else at the various charging map sites! this way when people search and find the dealership/station your excellent info will be there.

thanks.

ranchleaf said:
Please, please everyone start putting this great information on the mapping sites. Obviously we'd like you to do it on ours at http://electric.carstations.com, but any/all of them are fine. I just don't want to see this info go to waste. At carstations we have all northern ca nissan leaf dealers up and so california dealers should be in by tomorrow so you can add photos and this great descriptive information. You can easily add your own station if it's not in yet.

Let's start capturing this great information for everyone! Only a few people are ever going to see this thread vs everyone else at the various charging map sites! this way when people search and find the dealership/station your excellent info will be there.

thanks.

I am updating it all. I haven't dug up all the San Antonio ones just mentioned but the google doc is up to date with this thread and other communications. I have also forwarded that info to EVChargerNews (and you) so that covers some.... Nissan could even add it to their Sat Nav if they want, I would like it there.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtpjYvmqsCJcdFVvVEZQZVh4bEVwbG90Y0JobE8ySlE&hl=en

First Nissan - 2325 First St, Simi Valley, CA 93065 (south of 118 freeway) has two LII AV chargers on the service entrance portico, customer parking on the North side of the building. Also, 2 in the service area. Currently inactive (but tested) pending first LEAF delivery. Service said they would activate if needed. Call ahead.

ranchleaf said:

thanks.
So as an example on your site, details of Costco in Simi Valley 2660 Park Center Drive, Simi Valley, California, 93063 shows;

Charge Station Type: [edit]
~120V Level 1: SAE J1772 (new format, low voltage): 1
~240V Level 2: Small Paddle Inductive (outdated): 1

In reality it has the same SPI and Avcon chargers it has had for years. If I had a LEAF and didn't know better, I'd be expecting to be able to plug in and charge. While Avcon is technically a J1772 connector (pre -2010) to classify Avcon as J1772 is confusing.

So if people put effort into this site, how does it stay current? What is the plan to unify this information with other sites? It seems this data is getting fragmented across several independent sites.

KeiJidosha said:
So as an example on your site, details of Costco in Simi Valley 2660 Park Center Drive, Simi Valley, California, 93063 shows;

Charge Station Type: [edit]
~120V Level 1: SAE J1772 (new format, low voltage): 1
~240V Level 2: Small Paddle Inductive (outdated): 1

In reality it has the same SPI and Avcon chargers it has had for years. If I had a LEAF and didn't know better, I'd be expecting to be able to plug in and charge. While Avcon is technically a J1772 connector (pre -2010) to classify Avcon as J1772 is confusing.

So if people put effort into this site, how does it stay current? What is the plan to unify this information with other sites? It seems this data is getting fragmented across several independent sites.

Some of the Costcos may have been switched. I only know similar I know that is confirmed is Home Depot in Downey. Simi may have been. Maybe Ranchleaf knows for sure but there isn't a user report.

The only way to really keep up to date is to have user "I've been there" reports that are up to the minute. So if you use a charger, make a report to whatever site you use.

Here is an example for Simi Valley Costco. No one has reported it converted yet so I wouldn't assume it has been.

http://www.evchargermaps.com/?SiteID=93063_1&Want=SPI%20LPI%20AVC%20OC&Zoom=17

Home Depot in Downey
http://www.evchargermaps.com/?SiteID=90240_1&Want=SPI%20LPI%20AVC%20OC&Zoom=17

It's actually not like that ... or IOW ... it's more confusing. You (ranchleaf/ECS) should NOT refer to "~120V Level 1: SAE J1772 (new format, low voltage)" as J1772 ! Call it NEMA 5-15 or NEMA 5-20 (depending on what's actually there). This means that the LEAF driver must employ his portable L1 charging cable. The 240V (or 208V) could be called J1772 (not requiring a cable/dock from the LEAF owner).

Suggestions & Comments:

If you just add unverified information to your site with no easy way to tell it from verified information ... few will use your site, since ALL the information will be suspect. Add a "verified" parameter, and a "setting" for it in the filter.

Then, get the "connection" descriptions correct and consistant, with a clear PICTURE and description of each type easily available on your web site.

The functioning/not status, and access hours need to be listed.

If I need a verified (in the last month) L2 (J1772-2010) EVSE (or a 120v 5-15 or 5-20 socket), functioning, at 9:30 pm on a Sunday evening, you should be able to filter for that.

Also, show the fees (and when verified) for using the e-fueling.

For all verified info, use the date last verified, where no date means not verified.

EVNation said:
Here is an example for Simi Valley Costco. No one has reported it converted yet so I wouldn't assume it has been.
The ECS site showed J1772, which surprised me since I was there last week and it was still Avcon. It is still Avcon. The ECS site does not have Avcon as a selection, so I would not trust it for legacy sites.

LEAFer said:
It's actually not like that ... or IOW ... it's more confusing. You (ranchleaf/ECS) should NOT refer to "~120V Level 1: SAE J1772 (new format, low voltage)" as J1772 ! Call it NEMA 5-15 or NEMA 5-20 (depending on what's actually there).
When I visited today, I confirmed there are no NEMA outlets. Only the Avcon and SPI.

I still consider evchargermaps.com to be the most reliable and complete EVSE listing, even if slow to update. I hope the CARB grant to update the legacy sites can support the web info as well. Tom?

Regarding http://electric.carstations.com comments.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. There are a few older sites that were inputted incorrectly early on and we fix them as we find them. However, the site is about users crowd sourcing it and correcting mistakes immediately which is what you just did, thanks. :) If you know of sites that are incorrect you can simply edit it right there on the page, then we approve it. That's it. think of it as a moderate wiki. Adding a station is simple too.

User contribution ends up clearing up any data issues. It's already worked very well. We have dozens and dozens of people who move the pin on the map to the correct place that a another user submitted or you can change typos or add reports in the comments, or update the charge type, etc. Also as noted earlier filtering is being worked on and will hopefully be available shortly, so you can find your J1772's only for instance.

Thanks.

As of yesterday afternoon, two L2 AV EVSEs at Wesloh Nissan in (south of) San Juan Capistrano - access 24/7 but they are not powered ON. Probably could be turned on if one asked to use them. Since they have not delivered any LEAFs yet, they seemed to think that there was no reason to have them ON.

Back