Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to wait to decide. I don't expect to be able to order until january with delivery in april or may, so I expect plenty of options to open up by then. I'm leaning towards buying the evse and using an independent electrician but we'll see... if I was expecting delivery sooner I might be less reluctant about getting gouged as an early adapter.

AndyH said:
Ok...here's the San Antonio summary...

Ingram Park (IPAQ): MSRP + $3000 'market adjustment'. Did not respond to request to re-work the quote.
Ancira: Did not respond to the RFQ. Did state via email they'd sell for MSRP plus $99 VIN etching on the windows. 2nd try: MSRP
Gunn: Did not respond to the RFQ.
World Car: Responded quickly with MSRP quote.

I gave Ancira a second shot, as it appears they didn't receive my initial RFQ, possibly due to a glitch as Nissan Corporate opened Texas to the RFQ process.

Ancira held at MSRP plus $99 for the anti-theft VIN etching even after being presented with info disclosing other available deals - including Rairdon's $100 under invoice.
Tuesday, December 07, 2010 1:35 PM
Andy,
I can certainly appreciate all your thoughts and your desire to receive a `Discount'.How ever to continue back and forth , meaning you continuing to ask for a discount, well we (mgmt) are simply not going to discount Leaf until we have supply.
If you are wanting to buy a discount I am unable to assit you.If you want to buy from a dealership that will be here for you before,during and after the sale I hope you choose Ancira Nissan.
Not to do anything more than to address your questions we simply are and will be able to sell all Leafs at MSRP for quite some times,Since you state you are not going paying MSRP my suggestion is to find a dealer of your choice and get this wonderful new car in your garage now.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.If I am ever able to assist you in the future please let me know.Mean time thank you and have great day.

Yogin Trivedi
Master Sales Consultant
Ancira Nissan
10835 IH-10 West
San Antonio, TX 78230
Main 210-558-5001
Fax 210-558-5010
Cell 210-884-8284

I'm going to give Gunn one last shot just to see if they'll respond to the RFQ process.

What do you think - is there a truck from Seattle in our future?!

Andy

I wouldn't buy from them just because they would hire someone that would treat a potential customer that unprofessionally. I understand what he's saying, but how obnoxious.

If I had a Leaf ordered, I'd seriously think about the Seattle deal. But, alas, I don't because until very recently I've been thinking about converting my Toyota Tacoma to electric. But I just don't know if I'll ever have the time required, so I just recently started thinking about the Leaf. I'm sure I won't have one for another year, unless there are some cars that come in and the potential buyers back out. :cry:

So, in the meantime, I live vicariously through all of you!!! I live in Frisco, BTW (North of Dallas). Maybe there will be an owner near me that I can visit! :D

Although I'm not in Frisco - (just a short drive away in Ferris, 20 miles south of Dallas) - you can certainly come visit my Leaf when it gets here. :D Starting to look like I need to order mine from Rairdon's. Maybe a truck from Seattle that makes stops in Dallas before heading to San Antonio? :?:

Chargepoint has two THREE units on the ground in San Antonio with 120V and 240V/30A/J1772 capability...

http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php

Two units at the airport (Long term parking, 1st level, section A, parking spaces 122/123 and 124/125) and another at I-10/Huebner in an apartment complex (The Preserve). The Preserve is a gated complex, however, so this is not a public option.

In addition, Ingram Park Nissan has a double L2 unit directly in front of their sales building, and one single L2 unit on the left side of the building on the service driveway. This parking lot is not gated overnight.

jlaw99 said:
I'm going to wait to decide. I don't expect to be able to order until january with delivery in april or may, so I expect plenty of options to open up by then. I'm leaning towards buying the evse and using an independent electrician but we'll see... if I was expecting delivery sooner I might be less reluctant about getting gouged as an early adapter.

If you order in January, it will be 4-7 mos. before delivery. So it will be at least late May to Aug. at the latest. All the deliveries (except the few Dec. ones) have been delayed a month.

ecoobsessive said:
8:30 is way to early! 2:00 on Sunday was my choice. San Antonio people, are you going with EV for the charging dock or going with the waiver/outside electricians?

Hi Martha,

I've processed a waiver and will skip the charging dock process. The 120V level 1 cord is all I need.

Andy

Drove the Leaf in Austin this afternoon - Nissan puts on a good demo!

Most of my commuting is on an electric motorcycle so I expected quiet. But this car is QUIET! The steering felt really nice - plenty of assist at slow speeds yet good feel on 25mph roads and the quick frontage road run to 55mph.

The absolute hardest part of finally touching a Leaf? Waiting for my car to arrive. :cry: :shock:

The 4-cell battery cans are larger than I thought!
battery.jpg

The high-beam on the bottom is halogen. The low beam in the middle looks like mirrors - it looks like the light source is under the fixture and shines up and is reflected forward.
headlight.jpg

There are plenty of water drains in the charge area and inside the connectors themselves.
water_drains.jpg

queue.jpg

I've been driving Volkswagens since 1984. VW lost a customer today. :lol:

AndyH said:
Chargepoint has two THREE units on the ground in San Antonio with 120V and 240V/30A/J1772 capability...

http://www.mychargepoint.net/find-stations.php

Two units at the airport (Long term parking, 1st level, section A, parking spaces 122/123 and 124/125) and another at I-10/Huebner in an apartment complex (The Preserve). The Preserve is a gated complex, however, so this is not a public option.

In addition, Ingram Park Nissan has a double L2 unit directly in front of their sales building, and one single L2 unit on the left side of the building on the service driveway. This parking lot is not gated overnight.

I also checked out the airport. There was a BMW parked in one of the slots.. :cry: .
I didn't see a price, so I'm guessing the electricity is included in the parking cost.

A couple other places in/near San Antonio - mostly level 1 - are listed here: www.txunplugged.com

ecoobsessive said:
I also checked out the airport. There was a BMW parked in one of the slots.. :cry: .
I didn't see a price, so I'm guessing the electricity is included in the parking cost.

A couple other places in/near San Antonio - mostly level 1 - are listed here: http://www.txunplugged.com

I did enjoy the sign at the airport: "Electric Vehicles Preferred" ;)

I'm not sure about price yet, but did order a card from Coulomb. Maybe I can squeeze my motorcycle between the 'squatters' and test the ChargePoint units. :twisted:

According to the Clean Cities Coordinator, there are (were!) supposed to be 12 level 2 EVSE installed in city-owned parking lots (see page 8): http://www.aacog.com/cleancities/Presentations/AdvancingtheChoice2010/COSA EV Update Bill Barker.pdf

Keep having fun,
Andy

Hey guys

Just thought I'd throw in my order experience. Ordered mine through Texas Nissan in Grapevine. No hassle, told 'em I'd like the best deal they could offer with what I wanted. Price they gave was about $250 less than MSRP. Placed my order back at the end of October.

$34,334 transaction price
this price includes:

* Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
* blue ocean
* option added:
o quick charge port
* accessory added:
o carpeted mats

Anyone in Texas gotten a delivery date/estimate?

Ok...finally gave up on San Antonio area dealers - and that's a good thing! Took eddiey's (and now DWrath's!) referral and went with Texas Nissan in Grapevine.

Now for the next decision... Transport or drive? :D Looks like I can make it to the Nissan dealer in Waco for a charge, then the easy drive to any of the Austin dealers, then home. How much adventure do I want? (And which books to bring?!)

Happy New Year Texans!
Andy

San Antonio people: If you need the name of a competent electrician, just send me a personal message. I got my EVSE installed and the electrician was knowledgeable about EVSEs and did a nice, clean install.

P.S. Andy, you gotta be crazy!! I hope your discount is worth it. But I guess it's good you stick to your principles. Why don't you try out the free roadside assistance to get it towed to San Antonio after you buy it! :p

One more thing: First Volt in San Antonio - on today's local news. Buyer purchased in Austin but lives in San Antonio; I believe they said he's involved in the Alamo Electric Automobile Association.

ecoobsessive said:
P.S. Andy, you gotta be crazy!! I hope your discount is worth it. But I guess it's good you stick to your principles. Why don't you try out the free roadside assistance to get it towed to San Antonio after you buy it! :p
Ok, twisted sometimes, tending to sarcasm at times, puns always welcome, but absolutely no roadside assistance! :lol:

Google maps says it's 111 miles between Grapevine Nissan and Waco Nissan, and 104 to 110 miles from Waco to one of the Austin Nissan shops. I'd just have to kill some L2 charging time enroute. ;)

ecoobsessive said:
One more thing: First Volt in San Antonio - on today's local news. Buyer purchased in Austin but lives in San Antonio; I believe they said he's involved in the Alamo Electric Automobile Association.
You got it - from the SA EAA chapter. Don posted his message Christmas day:
Everyone
Santa brought me an early Christmas gift. It was a brand new Chevy
Volt. I'm the first one in San Antonio to own one. I was on Capital
Chevrolet's waiting list in Austin. I was number nine on their list
and my Volt was scheduled to be in production in mid to late January
2011. I got a call from them on Thursday and they told me that their
number 4 Chevy Volt deal had fallen through and that I was next on the
list to see if I wanted it. My wife and I went to Austin and looked at
it. We like it and bought it that very same day and drove it home. We
were both excited! You all are welcome to come by and see it if you
like. It's really sweet!
Don Heihn

Martha - will you get the first Leaf in SA?

Hey all Texas Leafers,

I am real late getting on the board here. It does look like I am the first Woodlands person to appear. I just logged my location on the google map.

I put my order in November 16th after over a month of delay getting my PD on the list due to some Nissan databasing issues. I signed up with eVgo network last month that will replace my AV EVSE install.

I scanned through the past pages and saw there was a list, that I still have not found, but you can add me onto it.

Good to be here.

Josh

Hey Andy,

Good for you. I think it would kinda be an adventure making the drive down to San Antonio. I grew up in San Antonio, and bought a couple cars while I was there, sorry things haven't changed. When we bought our Prius, it was the first year the new model came out, and we couldn't find a good price anywhere in Texas. We ended up buying it in Colorado.

windpoweredleaf said:
Hey all Texas Leafers,

I am real late getting on the board here. It does look like I am the first Woodlands person to appear. I just logged my location on the google map.

I put my order in November 16th after over a month of delay getting my PD on the list due to some Nissan databasing issues. I signed up with eVgo network last month that will replace my AV EVSE install.

I scanned through the past pages and saw there was a list, that I still have not found, but you can add me onto it.

Good to be here.

Josh

Welcome aboard Josh! You're just in time - the fun's just getting started. ;)

Back