2015 S Charge Options

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrganicRusty

New to the electric car world and still looking for my Leaf. Looking to lease a 2015 S ($2K down $150/m 36 months) but am not quite sure of charging options. 90% of my driving is CA Bay Area and 30 miles total per day. However, I want to be able to use my car for an occasional 150 miles trip to my property in the Sierras along Hwy 80 with ample charge options. My understanding is a Quick Charge options is what is needed for 80% charges in 30 minutes (just right for lunch and stretching legs). Would the S model work for this? Are there QC upgrades options on the S model? On a lease? Do I need to worry about OBC rating? Other options for this occasional 150 mile trip using a Leaf?

Thanks in advance.
Rusty

You just need to make sure the S model you lease comes with the "charge package" option. Not all S models have that option. That gets you the DC quick charge port and a somewhat faster charge on a 240 volt 30 amp compatible device (called an EVSE) that includes the plug that goes into the car.

Back