Leaf Spy Battery Data From Ireland.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o00scorpion00o

I took this data at a ChaDeMo today from someone who was charging before me, what do people think of this , a year old leaf ?

18dee68f-4b39-4ac0-8fa1-8a3dec545e86.png

lkkms2 said:
Okay Irish,

Questions: What did St Patrick drink? Beer or Whiskey?

Answer: Neither, he drank wine (because he was a Priest). :roll:

He drank fine Irish whiskey so he could breath fire on all the snakes!

You know that's why we have no snakes in Ireland!

mwalsh said:
o00scorpion00o said:
I took this data at a ChaDeMo today from someone who was charging before me, what do people think of this , a year old leaf ?

It looks great for anywhere hot, but probably just fine for someplace moderate to cool year-round, like Ireland.

What struck me was it still shows 100% capacity after a year and 18,800 miles ?

o00scorpion00o said:
lkkms2 said:
Okay Irish,

No snakes! Then my Wife would love to visit, and I'll try a little of that Fine Irish Whiskey while we are there :D

P.s. A few years ago I remember there was a Leaf owner living on a island of off England where they made Whiskey and produced electricity from the left over biofuel. Then he could run their operations and plug in his Leaf to drive around the island. Didn't have to import expensive diesel fuel then!

lkkms2 said:
o00scorpion00o said:
lkkms2 said:
Okay Irish,

No snakes! Then my Wife would love to visit, and I'll try a little of that Fine Irish Whiskey while we are there :D

P.s. A few years ago I remember there was a Leaf owner living on a island of off England where they made Whiskey and produced electricity from the left over biofuel. Then he could run their operations and plug in his Leaf to drive around the island. Didn't have to import expensive diesel fuel then!

And maybe a Pint or two of Guinness ! :lol:

Reddy said:
o00scorpion00o said:
What struck me was it still shows 100% capacity after a year and 18,800 miles ?
And all those DCQCs!

Yes a lot of quick charges.

I can't understand how it has almost exactly the same capacity as my 2015, 7 weeks old ?

Fast charging doesn't really warm the battery in winter, after one fast charge I see a temp of maybe 8 degrees to 18 max form 20-60% .

But after 18,500 miles and 544 QC's +489 250V 3.5 Kw , that is impressive !

It doesn't get hot in Ireland.
Highest temperature in Dublin over the past thirty years was 83.7 F.

Still amazing it didn't lose some capacity just due to time degradation.

Yeah it is amazing it hasn't lost capacity, I'm wondering if they've changed the chemistry is the last year ?

It would be interesting to get more data from this neck of the woods on MK I and 1.5 leafs.

Back