eVgo Chargers not seen on Plugshare? Best app?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertSprings

Hello, I'm a rather new Leaf owner. I've been using the Plugshare app to find chargers, but was playing around with the Chargepoint app (which lists non-Chargepoint chargers). I found a number of charging locations in the Chargepoint app that were not listed in Plugshare. Upon further looking, it appears that almost all of the "missing" chargers are eVgo chargers.

I checked out the eVgo website, and sure enough, their website lists chargers at these locations, however it doesn't bother to list how many chargers or what type, so I don't know how accurate the Chargepoint app breakdown is.

For some reason, I thought eVgo had a relationship with Plugshare, to list all their charge locations? Am I wrong?

What do you find is the best app to locate charging locations?

(I won't be able to drive around and check out some of these charging stations until the weekend at the soonest)

DesertSprings said:
Hello, I'm a rather new Leaf owner. I've been using the Plugshare app to find chargers, but was playing around with the Chargepoint app (which lists non-Chargepoint chargers). I found a number of charging locations in the Chargepoint app that were not listed in Plugshare. Upon further looking, it appears that almost all of the "missing" chargers are eVgo chargers.

I checked out the eVgo website, and sure enough, their website lists chargers at these locations, however it doesn't bother to list how many chargers or what type, so I don't know how accurate the Chargepoint app breakdown is.

For some reason, I thought eVgo had a relationship with Plugshare, to list all their charge locations? Am I wrong?

What do you find is the best app to locate charging locations?

(I won't be able to drive around and check out some of these charging stations until the weekend at the soonest)

The chargepoint app and Plugshare are different.

Yes, I'm aware they are different apps. I was just curious why so many eVgo charger locations appear to be missing from the Plugshare app? And was just curious what app most people find to be most accurate when it comes to locating chargers?

DesertSprings said:
Yes, I'm aware they are different apps. I was just curious why so many eVgo charger locations appear to be missing from the Plugshare app? And was just curious what app most people find to be most accurate when it comes to locating chargers?
I've never noticed a missing evgo station. I'm in Atlanta. Where are you?

DesertSprings said:
Southern California.

Maybe you guys keep getting new ones so often that people lose track. That's interesting. Hopefully some forum members from your neck of the woods will chime in.

For some reason I thought eVgo was working with Plugshare, maybe not. Since the stations have to be added by users, it may just be lazy users around here. I've personally added 3 missing stations to the app, and none of them are new.

There are Freedom Stations, which have DC Fast Charging and usually 1 Level 2 station. Then there are Ready for EV sites (REV) that are workplace or at multi unit developments. The REV sites are not open to the public, as far as I know, because there is a subscriber assigned to those charging stations.

The Freedom Stations are all on PlugShare that I know of....

Please post a couple of examples and we'll be able to answer your questions...

Well, this is odd. There were two that were not showing up, that I added today. However now that I check on my computer at home, the originals are there as well as the ones I added. I've gone through my settings and don't see anything that would exclude these stations, so maybe there's an option I'm missing, or some how the config on the app got screwed up. Or some how the content filtering my work uses when I was connected via WiFi was blocking some of the results.

So I guess just ignore this thread.

EDIT: Clearing app data got them to show up.

Back