Monterey Salinas Drivers, let's lobby Nissan to make good on its promise of No Charge Card

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markeyka

I just leased a 2016 Nissan and discovered that Nissan's No Charge to Charge network is very thin. Nob Hill in Salinas is the only No Charge location, aside from the Dealership in Seaside. There are 3 places in Santa Cruz County. Anyone out there want to take this up with Nissan? Any other Nissan drivers who've already tried?

markeyka said:
I just leased a 2016 Nissan and discovered that Nissan's No Charge to Charge network is very thin. Nob Hill in Salinas is the only No Charge location, aside from the Dealership in Seaside. There are 3 places in Santa Cruz County. Anyone out there want to take this up with Nissan? Any other Nissan drivers who've already tried?

I was told it was a card giving you the first 30 minutes of a charging session at a ChargePoint location for free. If coverage is thin then its ChargePoint that you would need to contact however ChargePoint does not actually setup locations on their own but advertises to businesses and individuals of their service and coverage then becomes the luck of the draw as to how many businesses/communities choose to set up ChargePoint charging stations. Around here its Dunkin Doughnuts that is leading the way with McDonalds possibly a close second with the installing of the ChargePoint DC Quick Chargers.

When I did a web search after posting the above checking Nissan No Charge to Charge I see the salesman misinformed me and they are using a Multi-Provider EZ-Charge card for that promotion which locally means mostly Charge Point or EVgo. EZ-Charge would be the ones to question about plans to proactively expand their network as Network coverage is between EZ-Charge and the providers that they are associated with.

Nissan appears to have done their best to provide the most complete coverage by providing No Charge to Charge from the providers listed below using EZ-Charge:

"access to multiple charging networks like AeroVironment, Blink, CarCharging, ChargePoint, Greenlots, and NRG eVgo. "

Web link to Nissan No Charge to Charge page:
http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/charging-range/charging/no-charge-to-charge/

markeyka said:

Two companies offer the majority of places to use NCTC in the Bay Area: blink and NRG EVgo. Of the two, only EVgo has been installing new stations. ChargePoint dropped out two years ago. The program survived.

I also would like to have a quick charging, preferably in or nearby Cannery Row for my 90 mile recharge to get back to the Bay Area.

Does anyone know if NRG is done with their obligation to install stations in California?

Back