Charging Cheat Sheet for Spouse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

I'm sure my wife will get it soon, but she's had trouble charging either at home or at a station. I made up this cheat sheet for her (actually, it would have saved me some grief it I'd had this the first time I tried to charge.

You can download it here: https://app.box.com/s/ze55oohfga8b1qfi7y2rwhayv2gj5zi8

Let me know if I missed something.

Thanks. Oddly enough our niece is in town without a car and wanted to run some places and can't drive stick, so the Leaf it is. I will print this and put it in the car in case she want to charge it someplace :) She drove it a bit today and was amazed how quiet it is.

Two things make this procedure tricky at first.

1. There is absolutely no feedback when the "turn off timed charge" button is pressed. No beep, no change in the display, nothing that I've seen.

2. One might assume (as my wife did) that it's a toggle. That is, push once to turn off, push again to turn on. I've learned that the only way to undo an inadvertent press is to unplug and replug.

I can't remember (and I don't have the car today) but I think the lights on the dash blink in a different order once you hit the charge override button. I have gotten used to it and never look anymore, but rather just listen for the "clunk" if I hit the override , if I hear the double clunk I know it is still in timer mode ;)

Well, today my wife came home and mistakenly overrode the timed charge. So, one LED was blinking. I opened the door and pushed the Timer Off button, but it did nothing--the car kept charging. I had to unplug and plug in again.

Back