Can I Add Navigation? Should I?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PianoAl

My 2016 Nissan Leaf S (arriving tomorrow) doesn't have navigation. Can I add that?

I have a Garmin that sticks on the window and works great. I will never be driving the Leaf out of the area, and I know all where all the charging stations are. Would the navigation be useful for other things?

Personally I just use my cell phone and holder for a GPS on my S-model. I also have a small Garmin but don't really use it anymore as the maps are probably outdated, a cell phone is frequently updated.

"Adding" factory nav would require a lot of new parts, including the HVAC controls and center stack fascia. Also that fascia is piano black, while the black plastic surfaces on the Leaf S are a dull finish, so it won't match. Not to mention that the wiring loom might be slightly different, so things might not be plug 'n play.

I had a Leaf SV with built-in nav and I personally thought it sucked. The map data was also out of date the moment I got the car. I used my phone's GPS app far more often. The charging station database was also outdated. PlugShare is far more useful.

Okay, I'll forget it.

I can't set up detailed start and stop times for the charger without the nav system, for some unknown reason, but I guess I can deal with that.

PianoAl said:
I can't set up detailed start and stop times for the charger without the nav system, for some unknown reason, but I guess I can deal with that.
IIRC, there is no way to set the charging timer start time on the S: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=331064#p331064.

On S trim, you can only set the timer via the hard to use b&w dash display and 2 upper buttons on the left side (cluster of 4 buttons).

Back