Happy new owner of used Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegRat

I guess I should go ahead and do an introduction post. Hi! I bought a Leaf! I started looking around at used car markets and how prices on hybrids and electrics were doing around LA. It looked like the Leaf was horribly depreciated from new cost. So I found a cheap one and grabbed it. A 2012 SL model. I hadn't even driven one yet. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a really nice car! And Carwings!? Wow.
I had been lurking and reading threads here for a while, so thanks for everything so far.
So far pretty much all my commutes are well within its range, and since I'm not as worried about its pollution and whatnot, my foot has been planted on that throttle pedal. I'm not even sure how far it could go. But I know where it tries to break loose and engage traction control, on clean dry pavement. I already bought a set of Megan Racing coilovers and have some 18" wheels on the way.
Love peace and hair grease !

Congrats. Keep in mind that if you are going to go with performance tires that your range , likely already compromised just from age, will be further shortened.

If you have not done so already, get yourself a smartphone (a used unsubscribed Android will work), an OBDII adapter, and an app like LeafSpy to measure the remaining capacity of your battery. Using this tool, and not the "fuel" gauge or especially the range estimate meter, aka the "GuessOMeter" or "GOM", you may want to see just how far you can really go with the car.

Also note the CarWings will end for all of us by the end of 2016, when AT&T will shut off 2G service. Nissan is supposedly working on a solution but they have not yet announced what it is or how much it will cost.

Congrats on the car! I hope you enjoy it!

I know RonDawg suggests that you set yourself up with Leaf Spy, but don't feel like it's a requirement. You don't have to be a data monkey to enjoy the car. You just have to be aware of its limitations. It sounds like you are well within its range, so just drive it any enjoy!

Back