Have Leaf Spy Pro Data for 2011 Leaf; Now What?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinChico

I'm looking at a 2011 Nissan Leaf w/ 21,000 miles, so I bought the Leaf Spy Pro app, and I just checked out the car.

It was not fully charged, but I ran the app for this car. (Do I need to go back and re-check the car when it's fully charged?)

Another dumb question: WHAT do I do with this information?

Thanks!

Martin
Chico, California

Some examples of LeafSpy dumps are found in this thread:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15837&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The most critical when looking at a used Leaf is the Capacity and SOH, which will let you see how degraded the pack is.

Yeah, smart!

I bought my used Leaf using old gas "used car" methods. Looked at mileage and age, looked at condition (and missed a dent, which my wife yelled at me for).
I had no idea about the "battery capacity" bars. The car starts off with 12. Mine has 9. So ... Ugh, my battery has been abused since the car has only 28k miles on it.
The only good thing about that is that if I can kill the battery down to 8 bars in the next year or so, Nissan's battery capacity warranty should kick in (it's a 2011, so I have until some time in 2016, and/or another 30k mile). If it drops to 8, I'm calling Nissan for my replacement battery.

Make sure you look at battery capacity!

But even at 9 bars, I get about 60 miles range, which lets me get to work and back.

I would do several full charges in a row (sandwiched between driving of course! but then again, that is the easy part) to get a good picture of your capacity. the numbers do bounce around so a single set is only going to give you a vague picture of the battery status. now don't get me wrong; the numbers are valuable but the real way to do it is track your numbers daily and then look at the trends to get the most of the app

Back