Hello from Wellington NZ

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Hi Everyone,
Richard here, in Wellington NZ.
I took delivery of my Leaf today, just wondering when the grin will fade :D
Hopefully not alone here in NZ, especially now Nissan have dropped the price.

Richard

MikeinDenver said:
Welcome to the LEAF club. I am jealous of where you live by the way.
No Mike, I'm jealous of you, you get CarWings ;)
First job on my LeafList is to find out how to host an independent CarWings server for NZ - all ideas and introductions are welcome

Howdy! I visited Wellington about 10 years ago. Lovely city, and its compact size and cool climate makes it perfect for a Leaf.

RonDawg said:
Howdy! I visited Wellington about 10 years ago. Lovely city, and its compact size and cool climate makes it perfect for a Leaf.
Not to mention all the hills, great for showing off the acceleration and for regenning on the way back

Boxy said:
MikeinDenver said:
First job on my LeafList is to find out how to host an independent CarWings server for NZ - all ideas and introductions are welcome

I will trade you any day of the week. :D

Boxy said:
MikeinDenver said:
Your best bet (if you know microcontroller programming) is to help port OVMS to the leaf (currently in progress). It was developed for the Tesla Roadster, and has made it's way to other vehicles.

http://www.openvehicles.com/

JeremyW said:
Boxy said:
MikeinDenver said:
Your best bet (if you know microcontroller programming) is to help port OVMS to the leaf (currently in progress). It was developed for the Tesla Roadster, and has made it's way to other vehicles.

http://www.openvehicles.com/

Thanks Jeremy, I'll take a look, my specialty is databases, but I'll see if can lend a hand

Congrats... Yes, I still love my LEAF after over 3 years....

I also loved Wellington, having spent a few weeks on the North Island, and a week tramping Lake Waikaremoana....

That said, the lack of pollution controls on the exhausts in NZ, in Auckland and especially Wellington, in stop and go traffic, was rough and gave me headaches. The LEAF is a welcome edition to the fleet for sure...

Also think the Parliament system that include the Left and Right is superior to middle of the road only decsionmaking, but I digress.

Back