HI!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longlivethez

Hi everyone! Just traded in the beloved Juke on a '16 Leaf and we LOVE IT so far!!

We look forward to talking to you all.

RJCB54Z.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. The Leaf is a great car.

From the palm trees and Arizona license plate in the photo, I'm guessing that you live in a warm place. In general, the Leaf battery will last longer if you keep it cooler, so try to avoid parking in the hot sun. A cool garage is best, but that may not always be available.

A few new owners try to see how far they can go on a charge. It's a fun game, but if you do run out of charge in an awkward place, you won't be happy. Until you get to know the car a little better, my advice is to play it safe.

Feel free to ask questions here. You can also search this group and find lots of good advice.

Bob

Congratulations!! Love the color.

You may want to update your location in your profile. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. We are a friendly bunch (well, most of us anyway :D )

Welcome to the Leaf and this forum! I'm still new to both myself but find this to be a great place for information on the Leaf. Reading about the other Leaf owners experiences can be very helpful and fun plus save you some time/money in the process. Enjoy your new car and as you learn about it's limitations as far as range, just remember we all here have been there done that and we're still here loving our Leaf!

longlivethez said:
Hi everyone! Just traded in the beloved Juke on a '16 Leaf and we LOVE IT so far!!

We look forward to talking to you all.

I've converted many of friends and family to the Leaf. As long as they understood that they should use it like a car and not get caught up in too much hype about the range anxiety, you will be as happy as they have been for years now. Once you learn the feel and limits of your vehicle, you find that no more trips to the gas station means that when you ride in other people's cars, you notice the gas "smell" once again, :lol: Just like a non-smoker knows when they enter the house of a smoker.

Another nice thing is the reoccurring of "regular" maintenance goes away. No more keeping up with oil changes, engine filter changes, transmission fluid checks, o2 sensors, oil drip spots, spilling gas, waiting for the car to "warm up" every-time you want to drive, constant vibration from the engine and non-linear acceleration, the list goes on. You will discover the rest I am sure.

Also, read the owners manual and learn everything you can about your Leaf, knowledge is power and will save you a many a google searches when asking how specific things work or what you can do with them to be handy. ;)

I took delivery of the same color 2016 SL 10 days ago.. So much fun, people (wife included) don't understand. Before I purchased, I read many posts and even asked a few questions. Everyone was very helpful and didn't steer me wrong.

Enjoy!

I've since made a video talking about the car since you get TONS of questions about the things. If you'd like to check it out, it is here:

https://youtu.be/mNJwKPV_tco

I also made a little intro vid for the '14 370Z Roaster I got the same day we got the Leaf. If you'd like to check it out (it's gorgeous...lol All the music is by me, also.):

https://youtu.be/U858Tn8OItA

So far, the only thing I'd change about the leaf is the back seats. I wish they could get out of the way more. There's a TON of space in the back of the car but it's not as usable as it could be since it isn't flat. We have 3 greyhounds that we cart around to adoption events and stuff all the time and, while they fit fine, it'd be a lot better if the back was flat. Has anyone removed the back seats or made a shelf for the back or anything to make it flat (or flatter) behind the front seats?

But, all in all, we love it!

At least a couple of local courier companies have done that up here.

Rear seat back removed and a plywood 'floor' dropped in.

Shouldn't be too difficult. But best to check the Factory Service Manual before starting - NicoClub is a great resource for FSM's.

Here's the link for the Seat section in my (newly acquired) 2012 model: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Leaf/2012%20Leaf/se.pdf

My focus is on making the 'well' in the rear cargo area a positive feature rather than a negative. Carried a 6' high tree in a pot yesterday.
The depth of the well held the pot securely at a sufficient tilt to allow the top of the tree to come above the raised hatch.
Really enjoyed having the hatch open while driving with no fumes coming in!

(As an aside, still trying to get familiar with the hatch unlocking and how the latch button and the request button interact.)
The only feature I am going to miss from my BMW X3 is using the key fob to roll down all the windows before getting in a hot car.

Back