The farthest north a Leaf has ever been?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derkraut

I'm presently @ Thule AB in NW Greenland, which is about 200 NM north of the Arctic Circle. This morning, coming out of the chow hall, I couldn't believe it: an extremely dirty/mud-covered Leaf was parked in front. It was a LHD, carried Norway License plates. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera---so no pics. I think it was Ivory, but it was so covered with dirt, I couldn't really tell. There was a large electric cord sticking out of the left side of the grill. (Maybe he has the LVL 1 brick stored under the hood). No problem with battery capacity due to heat on that one, eh? :eek:

The LEAF is probably quite appropriate in NW Greenland. There are not many road miles, and generating electricity should be easier than importing vehicle fuel. While much of the electricity might come from diesel generators, they likely also have solar PV. And there's no need to worry about starting a car engine in the cold.

Back