sendmeonmyway
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:20 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Apr 2017

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:53 am

cantdecide wrote:
sendmeonmyway wrote:Xcel deal was moved through July.


Thanks. It turns out now that we're starting a lease (in an Xcel area August 1 and arriving in CO on August 4th.
The corporate relocation team is paying to ship our LEAF.
So if the deal gets extended again we might go for it, otherwise keep what we have, or upgrade to model 3.


Good luck with the move!

jparr
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:39 pm
Delivery Date: 09 Jan 2017

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:38 pm

It looks like at this Nissan Promotion has once again been extended into September at Boulder Nissan. I have been on the fence and are considering trading in a 10 y/o high millage ICE for model S.

If anyone could post the results of their sale (MSRP/Dealer Discounts) in July or August of this year it would be appreciated. I'm interested in what additional dealer discounts you may have obtained with limited dealer negotiation. It maybe my impression but it also seems that the SV model is being more heavily discounted than the model S

Thimee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2017

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:09 pm

I was happy to hear from the various dealers that that promotion is still on the go. I actually called a couple of dealers today and got this info:

    - Tynans Aurora and Ft Collins: No Stock of anything
    - Boulder Nissan: Has several S and SV models
    - Arapahoe Nissan: Has a new shipment of S, SV and SL models

None of them wanted to give me a price on the phone, but their web sites are showing some quite substantial discounts. So far it looks like one could probably get:

- $10,000 Xcel instant rebate
- $5000 Colorado State instant rebate
- $7500 Federal incentive (pay now, but get back early next year on taxes)
- $1000 NMAC cash back if you already have a Leaf

So tempting.... a $37,000 MSRP - $22,500 = $14,500... ($13,500 if already an owner), and possibly more off at dealer discretion? I'm extremely tempted to visit a dealer tomorrow to see :)

joeriv
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Fairfield County CT

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Don't accept MSRP - dealers have to move this inventory - shoot for 10% off MSRP plus the other incentives and don't accept add-ons such as VIN etching.
2017 Leaf S with QC, JUN mfg date

Thimee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2017

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Yeah, I noticed on their web site that inventory is listed at $15,000 off, Xcel + CO State rebates I'm guessing?

http://www.bouldernissan.com/VehicleSea ... &maxPrice=

Also saw something on their home page about "buy a leaf, get a 36 month rogue lease free"? Hmm....

I'm thinking it might be possible to get something like this: http://www.bouldernissan.com/VehicleDet ... 2966828343 for perhaps $17-18K out the door, then with $7500 federal credit that comes down to about $10,000K total + sales taxes. But they wouldn't tell me anything over the phone, guess one must do the traditional dealer haggle for it!

powersurge
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:24 am
Delivery Date: 06 Dec 2014
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:46 am

People STILL don't get that the dealer prices that are quoted are INCLUDING the $7500 tax credit and the Nissan financing rebate. That is how they get you through the door.... They will deny this until you are sitting down with them, and you directly ask them if the quoted price is BEFORE the tax credit...

Be logical... You cannot believe in this reality that the dealer is going to sell you a car for $15k below list, and still make money. And you cannot expect to get a brand new car for $10k.. Either way, the $19k price is a great price for a new compact ELECTRIC CAR. Try to get the Bolt for that.

Thimee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2017

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am

powersurge wrote:People STILL don't get that the dealer prices that are quoted are INCLUDING the $7500 tax credit and the Nissan financing rebate. That is how they get you through the door.... They will deny this until you are sitting down with them, and you directly ask them if the quoted price is BEFORE the tax credit...

Be logical... You cannot believe in this reality that the dealer is going to sell you a car for $15k below list, and still make money. And you cannot expect to get a brand new car for $10k.. Either way, the $19k price is a great price for a new compact ELECTRIC CAR. Try to get the Bolt for that.


Actually... I am expecting to get a brand new car for LESS than $10K - simply because it's being advertised :)

See: https://www.tynansnissanaurora.com/xcel ... count.html

joeriv
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:33 pm
Location: Fairfield County CT

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 am

Look at the asterisks- I am sure tax and license fees are not included, so it's not an out-the-door price.
2017 Leaf S with QC, JUN mfg date

Thimee
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:56 pm
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2017

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:38 am

joeriv wrote:Look at the asterisks- I am sure tax and license fees are not included, so it's not an out-the-door price.


Yeah - Colorado registration fees are typically 85% of MSRP + $100. Not sure about sales tax (I'm lucky that I live in a 4.25% area). Oh and another $50 EV Colorado tax is added to ownership fees. So very roughly I'd expect about $1000-$1500 in fees and taxes on a $40,000 MSRP, a little less for $33,000.

Also, the federal rebate ($7500) is not applied at time of purchase - so one would have to add that to the "out-the-door" price too, and hopefully be able to claim the maximum amount back from the IRS come tax time next year.

However after all the dust settles, $11,500 all-in for a brand new S is a pretty sweet deal! Think I'm gonna visit the guys on Arapahoe road later today to see what SV or SL could work out to a similar number...

SageBrush
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:28 am
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017
Location: Colorado

Re: Colorado Deals on Leafs!

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Thimee wrote:
joeriv wrote:Look at the asterisks- I am sure tax and license fees are not included, so it's not an out-the-door price.


Yeah - Colorado registration fees are typically 85% of MSRP + $100. Not sure about sales tax (I'm lucky that I live in a 4.25% area). Oh and another $50 EV Colorado tax is added to ownership fees. So very roughly I'd expect about $1000-$1500 in fees and taxes on a $40,000 MSRP, a little less for $33,000.

Also, the federal rebate ($7500) is not applied at time of purchase - so one would have to add that to the "out-the-door" price too, and hopefully be able to claim the maximum amount back from the IRS come tax time next year.

However after all the dust settles, $11,500 all-in for a brand new S is a pretty sweet deal! Think I'm gonna visit the guys on Arapahoe road later today to see what SV or SL could work out to a similar number...



It is a deal worth considering ... but do keep in mind that more evidence is emerging that Nissan has changed the battery degradation thresholds for capacity bar loss and you may well be stuck with a car that rapidly degrades to ~ 42 Ahr before the Nissan battery replacement warranty kicks in. In other words, you better be comfortable with a car that is useful to you with a summer range of ~ 55 miles. This degraded range would not always be true but would represent the range nadirs in between battery replacements.

I've decided that the 24 and 30 kWh LEAF models are a luxury NEV -- neighborhood EV. Assumptions of use for longer drives are far from a given. And as a NEV, the used models are better value. A 2017 or 2013/4 car are virtually identical but the used car is cheaper to buy, has much cheaper taxes, and can be cheaper to insure since the value is low enough to do without comp insurance or at least take out a high deductible. Those were my thoughts when I first thought to buy a new LEAF early this year and then changed my mind and bought used.

Addendum: Colorado taxes, new Vs used car calc
I'm ignoring the fees that apply to both cars ..
We pay a sales tax based on MSRP that ranges form ~ 4 -7% depending on your county
We pay an 'ownership' tax (property tax) of 2.1% year 1; 1.5% year 2; 1.2% year 3; 0.9% year 4; 0.45% years 5-9 -- all on 85% of msrp

If a new car is 32k and a 3 year old used car is 8k, the difference in total taxes over 5 years of ownership will be as low as
24,000 * (0.04+0.04) = $1920
And as much as
24,000* (0.07+0.04) = $2660
Depending on county
2013 Model 'S' with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California with 63.9 Ahr after 22k miles
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado

Return to “Mountain USA”