I just tested with my latest version 1.5.1 of CAN-Do
, found at:http://www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/cando/
I tested Logging messages from the SOC-Meter's Logging Port.
There were some bugs in the version 1.5.0 of CAN-Do.
The Logging Port on the SOC-Meter ver F1.08
seems to work fine with CAN-Do
only IF you use a GOOD USB-to-RS232 cable, but NOT if you use a POOR one
Using a POOR USB-to-RS232 cable, I got what looked like "garbage" messages.
Also, I "received" only about 100 messages in 15 seconds, not the normal
message rate that is more lke 500 messages per second!
So, make sure you get a "good" USB-to-RS232 adapter.
Those with the latest FTDI chip MIGHT be the better ones.
-------------- What is GOOD? ----------------No, I have not tested any of these.
However, I would try #4 first (or #2), I think.
1. This "Windows 7 Compatible USB Serial Adapter FTDI Chip
RS232 DB-9 920K with TX/RX LED" MIGHT be good, but it
only has a short cable, and has female attachment hardware.
$18 at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Compatibl ... 244&sr=8-2
2. This "36inch FTDI USB to Serial Cable for MA PC Linux with Windows Certified Drivers" has a 3-foot cable and appears to have the male attachment hardware (desired).
$19 at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/36inch-Serial-Win ... 244&sr=8-6
3. This "6ft. USB to RS232 Converter for Windows 7 (32/64bit) FTDI CHIP RX/TX LED" has a 6-foot cable, but has the female attachment hardware that might not mate well with the SOC-Meter's Logging Port mounting hardware.
$20 at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/6ft-RS232-Convert ... 244&sr=8-7
4. This has a 10-foot cable and has the male attachment hardware (that we desire): "USB to RS232 Serial DB9 Cable Adapter FTDI Chipset 10 Feet Supports Windows 7 64bit"
$25 at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/Serial-Adapter-Ch ... 44&sr=8-14
5. For those wanting to do 3 or 4-bus CAN logging, this "4 Port RS232 FT4232HL Professional USB to Serial Adapter with TX/RX LED and COM Retention FTDI Chip & Fast 920K Per Port Transfer Speed Certified Microsoft Windows 7 and 2008 Driver Included (32/64-Bit)" might be quite good.
$45 at Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/FT4232HL-Professi ... 244&sr=8-5