Non-functioning Level 1 EVSE for sale

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelBornstein

I have a Voltec EVSE that came with my 2014 Volt that I stupidly smoked by applying 240V :( . It no longer functions. I partially disassembled it and could find no obvious burned parts :) . The EVSE board is made by Clipper Creek :D . If someone is experienced with electronics, it could probably be repaired :geek: . Otherwise, it should supply some useful parts. The GM part number is 2314-5307, and it is the black model. I am asking $100 plus shipping. Anyone interested? :?:

The Voltec EVSE just barely makes its ratings. Several years ago the parts were worth $100 but not now! From Ebay or Amazon you can get better parts for less.

Glenn:

As I said, this one is made by Clipper Creek, and is much better than the orange colored EVSE's that came with the earlier Volts. Are you interested in trying to fix this one? If you can fix it, I will give you $100, if you can't, you can keep it (unless someone else wants to buy it from me).

Mike

Thanks, Mike I am not interested in your deal. To me it is worth at most $50. Maybe you will be lucky and someone will want it.

The real problem is that except for public domain evse's, there is no documentation. Some of them like the Panasonic Nissan EVSE's are epoxy potted so repairs are not possible. At $100, I will pass.

Surface mount boards are generally replaced, not repaired. If the power supply is separate and it isthe problem then you might be able to repair it.

Back