2011 Nissan Leaf SV for sale - SF Bay Area, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that explains that! I'd still list it, and promote the car as a luxurious city commuter with a 40 mile range. Better to attract a buyer who will appreciate the car because it can do what they need than one who will be furious about the capacity loss.

60 miles is easily done with 10 "full" capacity bars on a full charge, I do that on a daily bays and I'm about to lose the 3rd.

asinclair said:
Anyway, the Leaf was great, but the resale value is in the toilet.

That is exactly the reason why I'm keeping mine. Whatever great lease/buy I'm going to get now will be more expensive over 3 years than my Leaf even if it depreciates to 0.

Valdemar said:
asinclair said:
Anyway, the Leaf was great, but the resale value is in the toilet.

That is exactly the reason why I'm keeping mine. Whatever great lease/buy I'm going to get now will be more expensive over 3 years than my Leaf even if it depreciates to 0.

Resale sucks! Mercedes is so desperate to get the compliance B out there even with less than Blue book it is still a good deal.

asinclair said:
I still get 60 miles out of it with no issues....but the resale value is in the toilet.
I expect it's much harder to sell a LEAF (like yours) in the Bay Area, without the DC port.

And as available battery capacity and range declines, the DC port becomes even more of a necessity, for most used BEV buyers.

Had we had perfect foresight, we could have expected significant depreciation when we bought 2011 LEAFs.

A California buyer can buy a 2015 LEAF today with any or all the significant improvements they want, and including the DC port, for $15-18k, net

And gas prices per gallon are about half of what they were when we took delivery of 2011s, making the gas-less BEV option far less desirable for used car buyers, from the cost perspective.

You didn't pay much more than $20k (net incentives) when you bought, did you?

Imagine the beating you would have taken from depreciation, If Mercedes had introduced the B back in 2011, and you had bought one...

Back