Anyone take the center console off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark13

The one that surrounds the stick shift..I would like to put some carbon fiber around it and it would be easier if i could lift it up..

mark13 said:
The one that surrounds the stick shift..I would like to put some carbon fiber around it and it would be easier if i could lift it up..

I removed and re-installed mine because it had been installed crookedly----the right side was not pushed down flush like the left side. Anyway, it is attached with a POWERFUL adhesive, and takes patience to lift it off, so as not to damage it. I used a hair dryer (gently), to lessen the adhesion and slowly pried it off, starting at the bottom edge, working around and around with my hands. To put it back on, I warmed it up a bit and, CAREFULLY aligned it properly over the shifter circle and pressed it back down. Once the adhesive makes contact, it is almost impossible to move it again to align it properly. After you press down FIRMLY all around, put a heavy weight on it for a couple hours. (I used a piece of railroad track!)

I suppose I could have taken it to my dealer and complained; but I figure they may have scratched it, or messed it up. So, my labor being free, I did it myself. Now, it's straight and looks great.

mark13 said:
Mark, have a look at the wiki. The seat heater installation guide includes steps for removing the center console. I'm sure that it will be documented with additional pictures soon.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3132954492835&set=o.170730229651313&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wow you really did a lot of work in your car..Was there a write up in what you did ? Thanks for the PIC... I did not realize there are wires conected to the console..

So... three years later... now that I'm about to yank my center console out - has anybody yet posted any sort of instructions? I'm yanking mine out for wiring the front heat seaters in my 2011. The Wiki never got fleshed out of course.

I'm sure I can figure it out, but any time that I don't have to reinvent the wheel the better. I generally break fewer expensive parts that way. :)

darelldd said:
So... three years later... now that I'm about to yank my center console out - has anybody yet posted any sort of instructions? I'm yanking mine out for wiring the front heat seaters in my 2011. The Wiki never got fleshed out of course.

I'm sure I can figure it out, but any time that I don't have to reinvent the wheel the better. I generally break fewer expensive parts that way. :)

Yes, there is a thread about a week old. Guy was wanting to relocate a USB port to the storage box and I posted some instructions there. If I can find the thread again, I'll post a link to it.

Edit:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19167&p=412667&hilit=USB+console#p412667" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back