Owners: Any regrets?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

I have never bought a car before sitting in it or driving it. Of course, I have that option on the day, but there are no cars to test drive before having the EVSE installed and paying the up beyond the $1200.
Also, they would prolly take it away and charge me or leave a hole in my wall, where it is to be mounted in the outdoor parking area.

Any regrets out there for those veterans with a few days, weeks or months under your belts?

You can't know the future about battery life, but that is a given.

Please let us all know. I don't see any in the posts that I have read.

If your commute averages only say 40 miles each day, you can use the EVSE "waiver" option and live on L1 for a while. No need to install an EVSE before purchase if you are careful.

I have solar on my roof. I am committed to an EV and the Leaf is a bargain, with the tax credit and subsidized charger.

One way or the other, I am going to reduce my feeding of the oil multi-nationals, the blood-for-oil wars and polluting the air with my 50-mile commute and car use.
I was making my apptmt for EVSE installation today and it made me think that I was really signing on the dotted line. They have to put in a subpanel and make a long run to the driveway from the electric service, so I will be out several hundred dollars.
I don't imagine, from all I have read on this site for weeks and weeks, that it is not a go.

But I appreciate the early responders to my question and welcome others.
My install is in two weeks.

None. First car purchase without any hint of "buyer's remorse". As oil prices keep going up, so does my EV smile!!

I was in the same boat; never saw or sat in a LEAF until I saw mine on the showroom floor. Two months later and 2K miles, I have no regrets. Sure, there are things I'd like to see changed, but overall the experience has been just what I hoped for. Biggest annoyance has been the smell (and sound) of gasoline powered cars.

"Fuel" cost last month, about 2.5 cents per mile.

-Karl

No regrets here. Sure there are a couple of things I'd change, or suggest Nissan change for the next iteration. And I'd really like to eventually have an EV capable of 300 miles between charges. But that's about it.

No regrets of any kind! In fact, I have quickly become very addicted to driving the LEAF. I love it's silky smooth turbine feel, roominess and ease of operation. I now know why the EV1 crowd got arrested trying to keep their cars.

I don't have any experience yet but I have regrets...
I regret giving money to AV.
I regret submitting a dealer quote request before calling the dealer.
I regret living a few miles outside of the area that would have let me get a free EVSE from the EV Project.

But the most important one:
I regret that mine is not yet in my garage :p

I too bought with only a test drive one of the events, love the car, my wife loves the car! Just about to hit 5,000 miles, no issues. Sure, there are things that Nissan can do to improve the car, but I am very happy with my first generation Leaf! Anyone who ordered and wants to go for a drive or just come see the car is more than welcome, PM me to arrange. I am in Santa Clarita.

After 64 days I only wish I could afford two of them. A bit more range would be nice but after 9+ weeks I have not had to park the Leaf to take the Prius one time. Now that day will come but this has validated my suspicions. That the Leaf has more than enough range to meet all the needs as my 2nd car plus some

I regret choosing red, and the safety kit, protection package, and the cargo storage options but those are nothing but annoyances and I love the car. Only on day three of driving an EV and hoping my "range anxiety" :eek: subsides soon. The LEAF is super smoothe and handles like a dream. No significant regrets.

azdre said:
I regret choosing red, and the safety kit, protection package, and the cargo storage options but those are nothing but annoyances and I love the car. Only on day three of driving an EV and hoping my "range anxiety" :eek: subsides soon. The LEAF is super smoothe and handles like a dream. No significant regrets.
Anything in particular wrong with the protection kit? Was it installed poorly, for example?

Back