EV Project: How will the $700 be reimbursed for the QC Port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBELEAF

If you are like me who got qualified for EV Project program at a later time and was wondering how to get $700 back for QC Port. Read below of responses from Nissan, Ecotality and dealer...

Nissan response:
You will he will need to talk to your dealer about reimbursement. 1) Your dealer will need to lessen the quote price by $700 for the QCP or 2) The quote price stays the same, and the dealer will talk with NNA about a good will check reimbursement made out to you for $700.

Ecotality response:
I just learned that there are a couple of things you need to do to ensure that you are not charged for the $700 fast charge outlet:
· Contact the Nissan call center to ensure that their records show you are a participant in the EV Project (1-877-664-3738);

· Contact the dealership where you ordered your vehicle and let them know that the EV Project is covering the cost of the fast charge option and you should be credited the $700.

Dealer response:
TBD

IBELEAF said:
If you are like me who got qualified for EV Project program at a later time and was wondering how to get $700 back for QC Port, this is a reply got from Nissan:

You will he will need to talk to your dealer about reimbursement. 1) Your dealer will need to lessen the quote price by $700 for the QCP or 2) The quote price stays the same, and the dealer will talk with NNA about a good will check reimbursement made out to you for $700.

I guess with Option 2, you have the burden of Tax on it or will Nissan reimburse that as well?

Thx

IBELEAF said:
If you are like me who got qualified for EV Project program at a later time and was wondering how to get $700 back for QC Port, this is a reply got from Nissan:

I asked Nissan this same question earlier in the week and I was told that the quote price would stay the same and that eTec would have a check waiting for me at the dealership for the $700 QC option.

I didn't ask them that because there is no tax for EVs in our state, but I would assume tax should be reimbursed. I would prefer option 1 anyway.

Mine may have been a special case since there was much confusion until the last minute about my "official" EVProject status.
But, I received a check for $700 from Nissan a few days before my LEAF delivery. Tax was not added to the check, nor taken off the LEAF price.

Here is a reply I got from Ecotality in regards to the same question:

I just learned that there are a couple of things you need to do to ensure that you are not charged for the $700 fast charge outlet:
· Contact the Nissan call center to ensure that their records show you are a participant in the EV Project (1-877-664-3738);

· Contact the dealership where you ordered your vehicle and let them know that the EV Project is covering the cost of the fast charge option and you should be credited the $700.

IBELEAF said:

Good luck with a dealer doing that, if Nissan does not change the order in the system the dealer will do nothing and the rebate will need to come after.

IBELEAF said:

Furthering this discussion, I just spoke with Hilary, the most competent Service Rep I've ever encountered at Nissan CS. She said that:

1) You can tell whether or not Nissan's records show you are an EVProject participant by simply looking for the "eTec application accepted" note on the Home Assessment tab of your dashboard. That's the same info CS looks for when you call.

2) According to her supervisor, if your car has gone into production, NIssan cant (won't?) change the designation from SL (with a QC option) to SL-E. It's then up to your Preferred Dealer as to how to handle the $700. They have two choices; agree to accept the check from ECOtality in which case they should reduce your pre-tax price by $700, or say "nope, we're sticking with our price," in which case ECOtality sends you the $700 but you will have paid tax on the larger amount and won't be able to get that back. Let's hope that our dealers step up and "do the right thing!"

Glenn

I talked to Rairdon dealer (Todd Fee) as well and he wasn't aware about any of this, although not surprising, and sent me back to Nissan and Ecotality... Kind of in a loop now, but I guess I will need to wait until the delivery date and see what happens.

I'm in the same situation with NorthBay Nissan. They will not reduce the pre-tax price, and will let me handle the ecoTality check.

IBELEAF said:
I talked to Rairdon dealer (Todd Fee) as well and he wasn't aware about any of this, although not surprising, and sent me back to Nissan and Ecotality... Kind of in a loop now, but I guess I will need to wait until the delivery date and see what happens.

I think that is going to be the trend. So existing orders placed before being eTec approved are going to be losing $70 on taxes and I don't see how we can get away from it. SO for those who are going to place order now. I suggest you get your eTec approval first before placing order or atleast get Nissan to change it soon before it goes into production..

The window stickers is not printed until it is at the port in LA so if they want the port charges can be removed. Then when the car gets to the dealer he will adjust the MSRP price you paid.

I called and had splash guards added to the car after it was already in LA. So I know it can be done.

The correct Nissan call center number is 1.877.664.2738 (not 3738).

IBELEAF said:
If you are like me who got qualified for EV Project program at a later time and was wondering how to get $700 back for QC Port. Read below of responses from Nissan, Ecotality and dealer...

Nissan response:

Ecotality response:

Dealer response:
TBD

I asked my sales manager at Stevens Creek Nissan about how they will handle the 700$ for the QC. Best as I can tell, I will probably have to rely on Ecotality (Nissan) to rebate me the money because the dealer wasn't going to. If this happens, then I will get back $700 - sales tax, at best. I was accepted for the EV Project after I went through the process of dealing with AV. In fact, I was planning to ahead with AV until I heard about the EV Project.

So I will be watching with interest to see how others in the SF Bay Area conclude the transaction with the 700$ for QC.

I contacted Nissan and Ecotality and both have given me slightly different answers. Nissan CS suggested that Ecotality would have a check waiting for me at the dealership or that my dealer would write down the price by $700. Ecotality CS said that Nissan will adjust the dealer invoice and the price would be $700 less than quoted at RAQ. I passed the info to my PD who said that he will follow up with his Nissan rep tomorrow and get clarification. I'll post that info here.

Personally, I think that one of us will have to complete the process before we'll know exactly how it plays out.

LBCev said:
I contacted Nissan and Ecotality and both have given me slightly different answers. Nissan CS suggested that Ecotality would have a check waiting for me at the dealership or that my dealer would write down the price by $700. Ecotality CS said that Nissan will adjust the dealer invoice and the price would be $700 less than quoted at RAQ. I passed the info to my PD who said that he will follow up with his Nissan rep tomorrow and get clarification. I'll post that info here.

Personally, I think that one of us will have to complete the process before we'll know exactly how it plays out.

You would think one person form one of these companies would come up with a solution, this is some of the worst corporate communication I have seen. This could be resolved since someone has an answer yet it's like a bunch of chickens running around with their heads chopped off.

So I took the delivery the car and as expected nothing was done to get the $700 reimbursed. In this triangle between Ecotality, dealer and Nissan everyone points finger to each other. Although, I got through Nissan CS finally and someone is looking at my case now. They'll need to workout a few bugs in their process as well.

Same sort of situation for me. When I pick up my car soon, I expect to have to bug Ecotality to pay Nissan, then Nissan in turn reimburse me. The dealer doesn't want to be involved.

It would be nice if Nissan could do the $700 plus the original $99 deposit together, but I suspect I will need to go after each of those individually.

I got my car in January and am an EV Project recipient. Can I get a $700 refund from Ecotality?

WWBD said:
I got my car in January and am an EV Project recipient. Can I get a $700 refund from Ecotality?
If you got charged for your QC port, then yes. If you got the ETEC version of the car, you already got the port for free. The refund is for people who paid for their QC port, then were accepted to the EV Project later.

Back