Nissan no to charge to charge program?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wongfeihong187

I read about nissan's No charge to charge program back in April. And subsequently leased my Leaf in May. Heard this program was to start July 1st, 2014. However haven't heard anything since. Anyone know what's the status and how owners are to be notified?

We just leased a Leaf yesterday. Salesman seemed unsure of the program. From my reading it's supposed to be EVGO locations only and starting on July 1st. When I Google 'No Charge to Charge' I get conflicting information as some "news" stories state it's Chargepoint and EVGO while others state EVGO only.

i guess other Leaf owners don't really care about the Nissan's program? Are you all content on charging at home?

Roughly 90% of my charging is done at home with the majority of the rest being L2 or QCs at chargers that are, at the moment, free... Occasionally there is an L1 thrown in... I have what seems like a half dozen different charging cards and have not used a one of them to date.

wongfeihong187 said:
i guess other Leaf owners don't really care about the Nissan's program? Are you all content on charging at home?

I'm sure Nissan monitors this website about complaints or concerns about the Leaf. I guess if Leaf owners are not showing any enthusiasm (or care about)Nissan's No Charge to Charge program I wonder why Nissan is offering it in the first place? I personally would like the option of charging for free for the next two years. That was also why I purchased my leaf back n May, because I read about it in April. But since then not even a peep from Nissan.... *sigh.

I bought my Nissan Leaf last year, and am also curious if I will be able take advantage of this offer.

In response to the previous post, I too only charge at home (Sacramento, CA). But occasionally I "WOULD" like to be able to drive to the Bay Area. It's not practical unless I were able to stop and charge at level 3. So this would be a cool benefit. But the point is that Nissan needs a fast charging network in order to increase their customer base. Without it.. up to this point I imagine most customers are only local commuters (who mostly stay within range of and charge at home).

Sorry I didn't respond quickly enough for you! Nearly all of my charging is done at home, since I use the Leaf for commuting and local errands. When I use the QC charging at the Nissan dealership, it is now pay for use (ChargePoint). Haven't charged elsewhere except for one 75 mile trip where I planned for the use of a L2 charger in a parking lots near the destination (CahrePoint again).

I've never heard of the Nissan slogan "No Charge to Charge" before you mentioned it.

Woosie said:
Sorry I didn't respond quickly enough for you! Nearly all of my charging is done at home, since I use the Leaf for commuting and local errands. When I use the QC charging at the Nissan dealership, it is now pay for use (ChargePoint). Haven't charged elsewhere except for one 75 mile trip where I planned for the use of a L2 charger in a parking lots near the destination (CahrePoint again).

I've never heard of the Nissan slogan "No Charge to Charge" before you mentioned it.

Yup that's the problem Nissan didn't do a very good job of marketing this. Nissan announces this program:
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-launches-programs-to-make-leaf-charging-free-and-ez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
then suddenly when the time came to "launch" the program (July 1st) today, we haven't heard a peep from Nissan. If they are going to be successful, they need more charging stations with easier access like gas stations.

I called EVGO the representative told me that the card will be coming from the dealer, so i I called my dealer and they said they don't have the details as of today. I leased my leaf last month.

ColumbiaRiverGorge said:
I don't know if AV will also be included in the program.

The Nissan DC Fast Charge units at MAPCO Gas Stations in Nashville are supported by AV. AV answered the phone when I called in an over-temp fault. So with any luck AV are managing public stations where they are not already part of a charging network. They followed up with me twice by phone. I was impressed.

I prefer the charging stations with a fee. They are far less likely to have another leaf in front of me already using it. This has been especially true at the av units since they started charging 20 per month, since then I have never had to wait! Id say every other time I go to the nissan dealer there is a line.

My EZ-Charge card arrived July 24,2014. The enclosed cover letter was from nrg eVgo, saying that my previous (given for free when I leased the car in April) eVgo access card will be deactivated as of July 30.
The registration process for the EZ-Charge card was long, and fairly simple except when it came to ChargePoint. A call to EZ-Charge told me I had to create a separate ChargePoint account rather than being able to link my existing ChargePoint account.
Various websites give contradictory information regarding ChargePoint's participation in the No Charge To Charge program. A call to ChargePoint customer service says that their stations will be free for the first hour, contradicting what was quoted on this site: http://green.autoblog.com/2014/07/09/ni" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... eaf-sales/
where it is implied that ChargePoint will participate in the EZ-Charge network but not the NCTC program. When I search PlugShare with the NCTC filter, I don't find the ChargePoint stations that I have used before. Phooey
Later, when PlugShare released an "update" the ability to filter the search for NCTC stations has been removed. Double phooey.

Back