Nissan intros new ICT system for EVs - 11/01/2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

A little more about the CARWINGS system
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2010/_STORY/101101-03-e.html

"Ranking" function: Nissan LEAF owners worldwide can compete with each other in electricity consumption, traveling distance and the amount of charge produced by regenerative braking.
101101-03-08.jpg

I will be very interested to see if anyone here pimps the utility of in-car traffic information.

When I had a free trial subscription with my Nissan Altima Hybrid (with my XM), I noticed I almost never had an alternative route that made any sense and once I was in the car, I was not about to get out and delay my journey just because of traffic. Then there is the fact that you know traffic when you see it and you do not need a touch screen to tell you it's there (or its going to be there) -- like at rush hour or when you need to cross the bridge to get to the 49er game, etc.

I did not renew at the end of the trial period.

In Japan, traffic info for the Leaf comes from Carwings (they do not have XM or Sirrius radio in Japan). In the U.S. it comes from XM.
In many places, it can also be obtained from a competitor to XM over a commercial FM radio subcarrier (Garmin uses this for a lot of their stand-alone Navs)

Frankly though, I have found traffic info from sources such as Google Maps to be better and more accurate.

garygid said:
So getting the Traffic info will not require an XM subscription,
but will come from CARWINGS instead?

Back