Nissan develops the world's first SELF-CLEANING car

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From insideevs.com:

"Live Demo Of Nissan LEAF With Self-Cleaning Paint – Video"

http://insideevs.com/live-demo-nissan-leaf-self-cleaning-paint-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Semi-obscure reference in the topic title :D

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is quite a bit more detail in the article linked in that thread.

MOD NOTE: Merged threads. I admit that Reg's subject makes a lot more sense so I left it as is. Sorry GRA!

I had a car that I decided to repaint and give to my Dad. I had gotten through the primer and a couple of coats of Rustoleum red. Wanted to put a couple of coats of clear on top but Dad was tired of waiting.

After a couple of years the paint began to have some rather pronounced chalking. It looked like hell, but it was essentially self-cleaning :p

There are lots of hydrophobic materials on the market. There are even wipe-on type waxes that do the same thing but need to be reapplied. If you want to do it yourself to any car, they make those that can be sprayed and baked on.

drees said:
MOD NOTE: Merged threads. I admit that Reg's subject makes a lot more sense so I left it as is. Sorry GRA!
I'm just wondering if anyone recognizes the reference. Or am I the only fan of classic British film comedy here? As soon as I saw an article about this, the inevitable film reference immediately popped into my mind.

91040 said:
GRA said:
Yes, but starting my own topic allowed me to title it how I wished! ;)
Hmm, wonder what stories GRA will connect to primogeniture, bigamy and string quartets?
April 2nd was the 100th anniversary of the man's birthday, so I'm looking for opportunities to help celebrate, although he should have been born a day earlier ;)

But I can wait until the opportunity strikes! I held onto the "Doing the right thing" 'commercial' from "Better Off Ted" because I was sure Nissan would give me the perfect opportunity to use it, and sure enough.

Although, when it comes to British comedies involving primogeniture, I think its hard to beat the early '70s - what price the 'Jack Gurney Signature Edition', a car in which owning it means that everyone tugs their forelock to you and/or treats you as if you're merely 'eccentric' instead of completely insane, while you believe yourself to be either the messiah or else an infamous serial killer, and act accordingly? H'mm, given the way we treat self-destructive celebrities, the opportunity to use that one may appear sooner rather than later!

2k1Toaster said:
TomT said:
I'll stick to "Fawlty Towers" and "Monty Python..."

I still rewatch them to this day.
You don't have them memorized? Who could forget the name of Johann Gambolputty de von Ausfern- schplenden- schlitter- crasscrenbon- fried- digger- dingle- dangle- dongle- dungle- burstein- von- knacker- thrasher- apple- banger- horowitz- ticolensic- grander- knotty- spelltinkle- grandlich- grumblemeyer- spelterwasser- kurstlich- himbleeisen- bahnwagen- gutenabend- bitte- ein- nürnburger- bratwurstle- gerspurten- mitz- weimache- luber- hundsfut- gumberaber- shönedanker- kalbsfleisch- mittler- aucher von Hautkopft of Ulm?

Back