Be glad you are getting a leaf and not a Tesla!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

I went to a test drive appointment I had made with Tesla in Scottsdale this afternoon! I had originally been interested in their vehicles as they were the first back to market with an electric car. The price and size of the roadster ultimately deterred me from buying one. However, I have not driven an electric car yet and had this opportunity as they finally had scheduled some test drives of the roadsters here in Scottsdale at the W hotel.

What a complete mess the afternoon turned out to be. We got there for our 4pm appointment and there was the car. It was beautiful, but very, very tiny . The salesman came up and said they had size drives already and the cars batteries had overheated and shutdown. They took the car away to do a "hard boot"? And then other people were looking for a 110. Outlet to get it out of some drive mode? The sticker price on this car is 146k , I kid you not. Ok, so the salesman tells that there will be no more test drives today but comeback tomorrow? Are you serious? We actually made a reservation for this?

This is where i know that the Nissan leaf is going to be a far better choice in the endless. The ordering process may not make sense right now, but ultimately, you are going to get a better product for far less money once it arrives.

We are not going back to test drive the roadster. I am sure it's great when it works, bit I think the folks at Tesla need to get their act together if they think they are going to sell any more of those 150k vehicles. The most important thing would be to make sure the car works when it comes of the assembly line. Since phoenix is a test market for the Leaf, please tell me they have done the appropriate testing in our Summer ,environment! Well at least we nacew a dealership here we can take it to unlike Tesla!

Timaz said:
I went to a test drive appointment I had made with Tesla in Scottsdale this afternoon! I had originally been interested in their vehicles as they were the first back to market with an electric car. The price and size of the roadster ultimately deterred me from buying one. However, I have not driven an electric car yet and had this opportunity as they finally had scheduled some test drives of the roadsters here in Scottsdale at the W hotel.

What a complete mess the afternoon turned out to be. We got there for our 4pm appointment and there was the car. It was beautiful, but very, very tiny . The salesman came up and said they had size drives already and the cars batteries had overheated and shutdown. They took the car away to do a "hard boot"? And then other people were looking for a 110. Outlet to get it out of some drive mode? The sticker price on this car is 146k , I kid you not. Ok, so the salesman tells that there will be no more test drives today but comeback tomorrow? Are you serious? We actually made a reservation for this?

This is where i know that the Nissan leaf is going to be a far better choice in the endless. The ordering process may not make sense right now, but ultimately, you are going to get a better product for far less money once it arrives.

We are not going back to test drive the roadster. I am sure it's great when it works, bit I think the folks at Tesla need to get their act together if they think they are going to sell any more of those 150k vehicles. The most important thing would be to make sure the car works when it comes of the assembly line. Since phoenix is a test market for the Leaf, please tell me they have done the appropriate testing in our Summer ,environment! Well at least we nacew a dealership here we can take it to unlike Tesla!

They have extensively tested the LEAF in Phoenix during our intensive, hot, summers.

Timaz said:
The salesman came up and said they had size drives already and the cars batteries had overheated and shutdown.
That is funny right there since Tesla bragged on their battery temperature management was sooo much better than Leaf. :lol: :roll:

I have seen the roadster in person, and sat in one. There were two of them in Texas for a demo a few months back. They were running them around the track and had no problems. But, the car is definitely not meant for the average Joe. It is too small, too low, and obviously too expensive.

The Tesla Model S will likely prove to be a much better car for the masses.

Back