LEAF Modifications and Accessories - an index

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn

I've created an Index Page with links to threads about all the projects that you incredible MyNissanLeafers have undertaken and shared with fellow Forum members. I've not included the various Consult and CAN bus scans, spreadsheets, wikis, external blogs... even though we all know how incredibly useful those have been to our community! I decided to limit this list to LEAF/EV-specific topics; while there are many excellent suggestions for other upgrades, these are available for most vehicles and can be easily found with a quick internet search.

MODIFICATIONS

EVSE Upgrade - Ingineer (Phil in Berkeley, CA) offers a 240V/12A upgrade for the stock 120V/12A L1 EVSE unit supplied with the LEAF.

Adapters for Modified EVSEs - GeekEV (in Northern California) supplies adapters for using Phil's unit with several common outlets.

Light Bulb Replacements - DarkStar (in Hillsboro, OR) and several others are thinking about swapping incandescent bulbs for LEDs.

Switching the VSP - GeekEV (in Northern California), in collaboration with others, shows how to turn off the Vehicle Sound for Pedestrians.

Door Speakers & Subwoofers - Randy (Randy in San Diego, CA) provides step-by-step instructions for upgrading the LEAF sound system.

Adding "ELECTRIC" Letters - Randy (Randy in San Diego, CA) discusses the ordering options and steps for adding chrome letters to the LEAF.

Horn Replacement - OrientExpress (Gary in San Jose, CA) illustrates swapping out the LEAF's horn for something more substantial.

Charge-port Door License Plate - TEG (in CA) considers replacing the charge-port door with an acrylic license plate holder.

Front License Plate Installation - rawhog (in Vacaville, CA) takes a different approach for mounting the front plate.

Seat Extender Brackets - awiegel (Andrew in San Francisco, CA) tells how he made custom brackets to allow for more front seat legroom.

WORKS IN PROGRESS

Home Built EVSE - chris1howell (Chris in Lancaster, CA) is developing an EVSE from scratch.

Trailer-Hitch Bike Rack - Electric4Me (Bill in Union City, CA) is working on a removable trailer hitch to be used for attaching an after-market bicycle carrier.

Spare Tire Carrier - TonyWilliams (Tony in San Diego, CA) is playing around with a way to attach a full tire & wheel underneath his LEAF.

New EVSE Upgrade - Ingineer (Phil in Berkeley, CA) is planning a 240V/16A Revision 2 upgrade to complement the existing 240/12A EVSE upgrade.

AFTER-MARKET ACCESSORIES

Charge Port Light - SeattleBlueLeaf (not surprisingly in Seattle, WA) found a nice motion activated light to attach to the charge port door.

Eclipse Sunshade - Kataphn (Kat in Leimert Park, CA) encouraged Eclipse to add a LEAF version to their line of retracting windshield shades.

Yakima Roof Rack - dyhopper (in Beaverton, OR) let Yakima use his LEAF to provide specifications for a roof rack for kayaks and bikes.

Wet Okole Seat Covers - Rake (in Kent, WA) arranged for a one-time MNL group discount on Wet Okole's neoprene seat covers and accessories, and then thoughtfully posted step-by-step directions for installation.

I'm sure I've missed several topics. Please let me know about them and I'll add them to this post.

Glenn

You missed the VSP OFF mod. See my sig for the link. :D

Thanks for doing this. Maybe a moderator should make it a sticky...

Glenn said:
One more good one! Thanks Geek, (though I suspect that's not the name on your birth certificate!)

Glenn
No, it isn't. But it is my self-adopted nickname as well as my natural state of being. My LEAF plates match my avatar and my Prius plates read SO GEEKY. :lol:

Anyone know of a decent local source for reasonably priced seat covers. While I like the recycled aspect of the interior, it is absorbent, prone to wear and with two kids, it's already starting to get marked up. I don't need anything too special, but something easy to clean would be key. I would have ordered this car in leather if given the option, pleather as a second choice.

regards,
George

I just completed documenting a cheap DRL mod that you might want to add to this list: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=6134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy!

Looking for a thread on adding seat heaters....is there not one? There's been quite a bit of discussion/activity in the BayLEAFS group.

ok i am confused.

Gary Giddings SOC meter is not here and neither is Phils "LeafScan" which is still a work in progress but knowing Phil, he would not have brought it up if he could nt do it

so do these not count?

Back