Look at my Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegRat

image_25.jpg

Here's my Leaf. Megan Racing coilovers and Avid1 av60 18x9.5" wheels with 225/40/18 Hankook v12. Windows tinted a little too. Now I think it looks good enough to ride around in.

Nicely done. Not my style of wheels but other than that it looks good.

Can the coilovers go lower? How's the ride? It doesn't look too much lower than stock but a good happy medium.

It can go a little lower. I just slapped it together and will mess with it some more. I just needed it to be rolling and not rubbing so I could drive it. The ride is definitely stiffer than stock, but adjusted down soft is still within reason. And those wheels? I dig em. I was looking at other styles but when I came across those the style just seemed to go with the Leaf. I was gonna do 8.5" wide but out of stock. Still happy with fit and flow of the look of the 9.5". Even though just a few weeks ago I was doggin on cars with stretched tires and rims sticking out for being stupid and impractical.

Looks good.

How's the impact to range?

I ran 225/40-18 Nitto NeoGen for a while on my 350Z Track wheels and while I loved the handling and performance the range was suffering at mid range and OD of the tires was way too small for my visual liking. Then ran the 235/40-18 Primacys to see how they would do. Car looks better but now the handling is suffering (I attribute that to the single ply sidewall tire).

I also ran M Technica's on the rear to see if the aero wheel would help a bit. It didn't seem to but now we are in winter and my testing is all screwed up. Time to run my baselines again on my 17's and swtich back to 18's in a few weeks.

I don't really know. My battery shows 11 bars and it seemed to do pretty good, but I never even tried to get full/max range. Except for a few times when it was getting low and I was trying to get home, I'm usually driving pretty inefficiently anyway. I'm sure these cut into its range some. I do know that with these tires it handled Angeles Crest a whole lot better. Like in sports car realm now.

The car looks nice, like a Jaguar. I don't think this guy is concerned with range, as his car doesn't look like one for a "Hypermiler". Nice look, however.

Looks amazing:) is it 9.5" all around the car? And wath is the Et on those rims? Sweet ride man cheers from norway!

Back