How-to: Door panel removal 2013 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightarmor

Figured I'd put together a little how-to on removing the door panels since I couldn't find a how-to when I was looking for one couple of weeks ago. :D This procedure works for all doors in a 2013 model (I say that because mine is a 2013 so I can't guarantee other model years are the same)

Tools needed-

Flat head screwdriver
10mm socket with 1/4" ratchet or 1/4" drive handle
Phillips screwdriver (stubby driver preferred)

Begin by opening your door, on the interior side of the door- take a flat head screwdriver and place it between the lock/unlock tab at the door handle as shown. Using light force pop the inner cover out (it doesn't take much to pop this cover out)

(PASSENGER SIDE HANDLE SHOWN)
door_panel_removal_00.jpg

door_panel_removal_0.jpg

Next, using your fingers pry up on the door control switch panel at the rear most end of the panel (side closest to the rear of the vehicle) as shown. You do not need tools for this.

(DRIVER SIDE CONTROL PANEL SHOWN)
door_panel_removal_01.jpg

Once the panel has been lifted at the rear carefully slide it back a bit and the entire panel should pull right up and out.

door_panel_removal_02.jpg

Remove qty-2 10mm bolts, one exposed at the door handle and one under the control switch panel.

After the two 10mm bolts have been removed carefully pull the panel towards you beginning at the bottom edge. This might take some force (don't be afraid!) and you'll feel the plastic clips disengage. (DO NOT TRY TO COMPLETELY PULL THE PANEL OFF YET! YOU ONLY NEED TO DISENGAGE THE CLIPS FROM THE DOOR)

door_panel_removal_03.jpg

Next, carefully pull towards you at each top corner of the panel so that the panel can clear the upper door trim, follow by pulling up on the entire door panel to disengage the panel from the door. (DO NOT TRY TO COMPLETELY PULL THE PANEL OFF YET!)

door_panel_removal_xx.jpg

After you've gotten the panel "floating" and removed, there are qty-3 phillips head screws that need to be removed at the door handle lever on the inside of the panel. Remove qty-3 screws in the order shown using a stubby phillips screw.driver.

door_panel_removal_04.jpg

The door panel is now free from the door and can be removed.

door_panel_removal_05.jpg

To reinstall reverse steps.

dndrich said:
What happened to the photos?

They don't appear on my web view...

Either the file size of the photos is very large or the server hosting the photos is very slow, so let the web page load for a couple of minutes and you'll be able to see all of the photos. :)

FerretPewPew said:
dndrich said:
What happened to the photos?

They don't appear on my web view...

Either the file size of the photos is very large or the server hosting the photos is very slow, so let the web page load for a couple of minutes and you'll be able to see all of the photos. :)

Yup. That did it.

Why remove the door handle assy from the door panel. It just takes seconds it unsnap the cables.

Back