Painting the brake calipers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garsh

My brake calipers were starting to look pretty horrible after subjecting my Leaf to a full winter's worth or road salt. The five-spoke standard wheels make those calipers very visible too. So this past weekend I decided to do something about it:
IMG_20130528_163755.jpg

I haven't had a chance to wash the car yet, so full-size pictures will have to wait. Given the other small blue accents on my black Leaf, I decided to go with a blue color. I bought a Dupli-Color caliper paint kit off of ebay. Spent a couple hours on Saturday getting it done. I'm happy with the results.

garsh said:
My brake calipers were starting to look pretty horrible after subjecting my Leaf to a full winter's worth or road salt. The five-spoke standard wheels make those calipers very visible too. So this past weekend I decided to do something about it:
IMG_20130528_163755.jpg

I haven't had a chance to wash the car yet, so full-size pictures will have to wait. Given the other small blue accents on my black Leaf, I decided to go with a blue color. I bought a Dupli-Color caliper paint kit off of ebay. Spent a couple hours on Saturday getting it done. I'm happy with the results.
if it makes you feel good about your car, great, it looks nice

I finally got around to washing it.
The blue is fairly subtle. This shot was taken in sunlight where it shows up a bit better.

IMG_20130602_174841.jpg

Back