Leaf no longer controls bluetooth iPhone4s with iOS7

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBogardus

Hi,
My 2012 Leaf audio has been working perfectly with my iPhone4s for a year now. Last week I upgraded iPhone to iOS7 and now the Leaf's PLAY/PAUSE buttons don't work. The iPhone bluetooth still works and plays through the car system just fine. I now have to use the iPhone controls.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Bob

Have you tried deleting the phone from the car and deleting the car from the phone? In other words, start with a clean slate. Just a thought.

Ta-dah! That was it!

I had deleted the phone from the car, but not vice versa. I deleted each from the other, reconnected, and voila!

Thanks for the tip.
Bob

Hmm.

I had a similar problem yesterday with my iPhone 4S running the latest version of iOS 7. Not only would the steering wheel controls not work, but I couldn't get the USB connection to display any track information.

Strangely, iOS betas worked just fine. (We've got a dev. license) But as soon as we went with the GM, it all went wrong.

I'll test this solution when I'm next in the LEAF. My wife's Volt is STILL in the shop after being hit nearly a month ago, and I can't bring it upon myself to force her to drive a stickshift courtesy car 80 miles to and from work every day. So she's taking my LEAF and I'm stuck with some eurobox from hell.

*sigh* I'll let you know how the test goes.

Sigh. Well, that solution (deleting bluetooth on both devices) only worked once. Now sometimes my phone doesn't even automatically connect. I've ended up plugging in my headphones to the iphone and using the start/stop control on the headphone for those tasks while I'm driving. Yuck.

Is that an iPhone/iOS7 thing or a LEAF thing...?

Bob

I have 2012 Leaf and several iphones. All have worked flawlessly on the Bluetooth. Upgraded to iphone 5s and it worked once. Now I am
unable to pair it to any Bluetooth devices. The MYCar does not show up on any of them. I have contacted Nissan and they said they have
not tested ISo7 yet. I have contacted Apple and they have responded by saying they are currently reviewing all Bluetooth issues. I guess
I going to take it in to my Dealer.

aminorjourney said:
Hmm.

I had a similar problem yesterday with my iPhone 4S running the latest version of iOS 7. Not only would the steering wheel controls not work, but I couldn't get the USB connection to display any track information.

Strangely, iOS betas worked just fine. (We've got a dev. license) But as soon as we went with the GM, it all went wrong.

I'll test this solution when I'm next in the LEAF. My wife's Volt is STILL in the shop after being hit nearly a month ago, and I can't bring it upon myself to force her to drive a stickshift courtesy car 80 miles to and from work every day. So she's taking my LEAF and I'm stuck with some eurobox from hell.

*sigh* I'll let you know how the test goes.

Take the Twizzy.

BobBogardus said:
Sigh. Well, that solution (deleting bluetooth on both devices) only worked once. Now sometimes my phone doesn't even automatically connect. I've ended up plugging in my headphones to the iphone and using the start/stop control on the headphone for those tasks while I'm driving. Yuck.

Bob

Wife did the upgrade, messed up half her apps. I've resisted updating so far, but Car and iPhone sometimes lose each other and I have to reconnect. Annoying, but infrequent.

BobBogardus said:

Seems like it's likely an iOS 7 bug. Bluetooth for music including using the steering wheel controls to go back/forward songs (aka AVRCP) worked fine on my '13 Leaf SV (w/premium package) w/my iPhone 5 when it was still on iOS 6.1.4. Now that I'm on 7.0.2, it seems like the steering wheel controls don't work at all.

I deleted the pairing on both the phone and car the re-paired them. Didn't help. 7.0.3 came out 10/22, but http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1691" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; doesn't mention anything about BT. I will hold off on upgrading for a few days.

edit: Today, the next/prev track functionality over Bluetooth worked even though I'm still on iOS 7.0.2. I can only conclude this has now become flaky. It seems like iOS 7 is to blame, but the only way to be certain is probably w/the proper equipment and/or software to look at the Bluetooth traffic.

I'm having intermittent glitches with iOS7 and iPhone5. It always connects but sometimes won't play. Sometimes it "plays" (the seconds tick away) but no sound. Sometimes the phone's volume has been dragged down to 0, and other times it's silent even though the volume is in the middle.

Sometimes it plays but the LEAF's play/pause buttons have no effect.

And sometimes it works just fine :? .

I think it may be worse when I've got multiple audio apps open on the device (podcast and an audiobook, for example), but haven't had time to quantify it.

For the record, I have an iPhone 4S that was upgraded to iOS 7, and it works over Bluetooth as well as it did when it was on iOS 6.

I updated my iPhone 4s to iOS 7.0.3 and my car's bluetooth seems to control it much better. I'm satisfied now.

Sometimes, I have to setup podcast app on my phone before my car controls will work. Once since 7.0.3 my car lost the bluetooth connection to my iPhone. Kinda minor issues now.

Thanks.
Bob

Call Leaf support
I spoke with Eric
877-664-2738 ext 457256
Case# 12859861

Add yourself to the complaint. The more the merrier. I just simply asked for a software update to add a pause button to the iPod interface on the Leaf.

Enjoy

I dont know if it is just an IOS thing. Could be a Leaf issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have been having similar problems with the bluetooth. Dont know if it is a coincidence also since the time the car was serviced and the software "updated".

Latest posts

Back