Infotainment system factory reset

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlanes

Does anyone know of a way to reprogram the infotainment system without needing to go to the dealer? I believe the problem I am having is from doing a factory reset which cleared everything to default and now it no longer is able to communicate with my cluster or climate control. I had done this through the hidden menu (map > map > map > power > power > map). I had problem with the radio volume not working and the reset fixed the volume problem but then created the other two. I have a 2018 Leaf SL btw.

I am guessing you are not referring to this reset option.
X8pow7T.jpeg

I did try to get into the hidden menu via your multiple map and power presses but it didn't seem to work. I do remember something like that for my 2013 years back, so I wasn't sure it is still worked on the newer systems relative to it.

Last edited:
I found a video that shows how to get in, so maybe I can relay back some "default" values in ours in aiding to get yours working again.

I am guessing you are not referring to this reset option.
X8pow7T.jpeg

I did try to get into the hidden menu via your multiple map and power presses but it didn't seem to work. I do remember something like that for my 2013 years back, so I wasn't sure it is still worked on the newer systems relative to it.
I don't even have that menu. This is the reset menu in the hidden menu and I don't recommend doing the factory configuration initialization.

Attachments

• 20240210_011342.jpg
    20240210_011342.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I ended up getting the configuration fixed at dealer so everything is good now just a lighter wallet for my mistake.

Back