911 calling

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lance96816

Hands free calling is blocked while driving.
Can you reprogram to allow 911 Emergency calls?
Thanks.

Lance96816 said:
Thanks.
As someone who placed a hands-free call while driving my 2016 SL home this evening, I have to question your premise

I would imagine that if you make a contact on your phone, and call it "police", it would be easy to press the phone button on the steering wheel and make that call???

I ended up doing that on my phone.
Seems like every time we switch between my wife's phone and mine, we have to reload the phonebook.

I've been trying to program critical numbers into the car's phonebook. But it doesn't want to retain it.

Lance96816 said:
Thanks.
Huh? Why is hands free calling blocked while driving? I use it all the time, works great, that is the point of hands free calling.

The keypad on the NAV system locks to prevent certain activities while the car is in motion. Entering a new address to route to, or entering a new number to dial are two of those activities that are blocked. Answering calls is not restricted, nor is dialing calls using the keypad on the phone (although illegal in many states to have the phone in your hand while driving).

Back