Battery Health Report

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apacheguy

I've seen numerous threads on here that trash the health check "required" by Nissan. Apparently consists of a number of categories that assign the owner a "star" value to each. Can someone please explain exactly what I get in this report? A picture or text output of the report will do. Could not find this despite searching the forum numerous times.

Thanks!

Even people with obviously degrading batteries have gotten 5-star reports or at least 4-stars, so don't get too excited. ;)

wp_0004211.jpg

Nissan refers to it as a "mandatory battery usage report". What you get is the nearly meaningless report that Nubo generously posted. But what the dealer's Consult II+ computer downloads from the car (and sends to Nissan) is a fairly detailed summary of usage for the past year. How many quick charges, max battery temps, number of turtle events, max time left fully charged or discharged... things that affect battery life. In other words, the car "rats you out" and tells of any misbehavior on your (or a previous owner's) part.

I've seen one report here where Nissan was refusing to replace a degraded battery due to something that was found in the battery usage report. I don't know how that turned out. Getting perfect 5 stars in all categories is not difficult, but a perfect score is not required by the warranty. The score sheet is more of an educational tool.

-Karl

Thanks guys.

I'm leasing so I'm just gonna call and cancel my appt for this. I won't hesitate to sue Nissan in small claims if they have any issue with me never bringing in my car and I would definitely win so not worried about warranty stuff. Tesla tried to require annual service as part of warranty, but quickly backed down because they realized there was no way to deny a warranty claim on the basis of annual service inspections.

Huge bummer tho that the battery health check doesn't tell you anything about, well, battery health. Really would love to get the data that is sent to Nissan but I guess there isn't a chance of this happening.

I think the LeafSpy app will help with understanding battery health.

I would be very interested in hearing about how "they" can't require annual battery checks as part of the warranty. I have read that the first two checks for the Leaf are free and you pay after that. If they're so useless for us, and Nissan can't require them to make a warranty claim, why would I ever pay for one? I know what my driving and charging habits are!

Back