New battery in old car?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limey

So now that they have officially announced the new battery, Has anyone been able to find anything about putting the new 30KW battery in a 2015 or older? From the reports I have found, it has the same footprint (just a little heavier).

thanks

As has been discussed in many other threads here, it is unlikely to happen.

Limey said:
So now that they have officially announced the new battery, Has anyone been able to find anything about putting the new 30KW battery in a 2015 or older? From the reports I have found, it has the same footprint (just a little heavier).

I figured it was, but I couldn't find them.

So why would you think not if they are physically the same size? Think it will take a code upgrade as well?

The most likely stumbling block would be that Nissan is unlikely to sell you one... Next would be the issue of software and BMS compatibility...

Nissan is unlikely to make any of it easy as they want you to buy a new car, and they also have historically shown little interest in upgrades for early adopters...

Limey said:
So why would you think not if they are physically the same size? Think it will take a code upgrade as well?

Just asked at my local dealer, and they said "no" (no big surprise).

The interesting thing was that they said they aren't even allowed to touch the battery. They said they had to ship the car to a special place to get the battery work done or have someone come in to do the work. So unless I have a third party do it (and a way to get the battery) there is no bigger battery for me. :(

Back